Worried about false bans?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gambles, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Saiph

The problem with that is that people sell steam accounts or give them away to siblings or friends. My friend died a few years ago, and his brother took over his steam account. It's hard to take things at face value.
  2. Gambles

You have to look at motives and reasoning. What reason would SOE have to ban legit players? let alone high profile ones. It simply doesn't make a lick of sense. Especially this soon after launch.
  3. StrangerDanger

been pc gaming since it was invented.

never been banned for hacking

i dont use 3rd party programs because well...im worried ill get hacked using them.

i see these "i got hacked for no reason" and i sit there and think...well you probably didnt use the hacks you had on your hard drive but whatever software that scans your system probably saw those programs and just banned you anyway...and they should.

a lot of hack prevention software does a system scan as far as im aware.

eitherway, if your banned for hacking your doing something you shouldnt be doing, i dont believe in false positives.

I think 99.999% of these false positive people were hacking got caught and will do anything to get out of the ban. ive seen it before. ive seen people who on the forum and in game were saints and hated hackers with a passion get banned for hacking, then carry on a campaign of "false positve" protests...only to have a youtube video surface with teamspeak recordings of them talking about the hack they got banned for....even then still denied it.

That is how people are. They will lie through their teeth and say anything to attempt to deny the fact that they got caught running a hack or bot.
    • Up x 6
  4. Xizwhoa

No, I'd rather it be handled between the actual parties involved if it in fact is a mistake. That way, if something is amiss they can review it and make changes. I know I shouldn't use rl tactical **** in a video game but most times the smallest splash makes the biggest waves. I don't expect you to understand that but I'm betting the only thing you've ever led is an outfit in a video game. If this is truly an soe error it could change the way they do this for the better. Instead of making a forum **** storm why not wait until it's sorted then come on here with possible solutions.
    • Up x 1
  5. NevilClavain

I agree with OP. lol my KDR is 0.56 something so if I get permabanned for that, o_O
    • Up x 1
  6. Gambles

This is so true. It's the same story, every time. People will say ANYTHING to get themselves out of a ban, they will get friends to back them up, start up a community uproar, anything and everything. The only thing it is a sign of is that the system is working.
    • Up x 2
  7. Untouchable

You made this argument already and I already made mine. Mistakes happen. When you value banning hackers over not-banning legitimate players it is bound to happen.
  8. Gambles

What leads you to believe they are valuing that system? have they not stated that bans are investigated and they don't have a automated ban system?
  9. Saiph

I am sending people to the wiki page for base rate fallacy. Without numbers we really have no idea how many people are being banned compared to how many are actually hacking. Throwing out percentages is pretty meaningless without SOE chiming in.
  10. Mercadion

10 years of gaming with both sony and blizzard and never had a problem, until last month when blizzard did ban me for a program I use at work that monitors and saves all incoming traffic (packets). I was banned with no chance to explain myself at all, and was doing absolutely nothing wrong. It was my fault in a way since I forgot to turn the program off, but the fact is these companies DO make mistakes, and NO they arent always cleared up....nice try though.
    • Up x 1
  11. Xizwhoa

Doesn't matter, these guys will cry and cry until they get unbanned anyway, it's how gaming works. We know you cheated but hey man just don't do it again. It happens in every game. They would never do this but I wish they'd make a hall of shame for hackers and why they were banned. I bet none of them say "too many reports"...
    • Up x 1
  12. Gambles

But packet altering is considered a hack. On the other hand Blizzard is on my very short ****-list because of how popular the game is now and because of the company that now owns it. They are also the only company I have ever had problems with, and some others have posted here saying pretty much the same. Again, there are exceptions, and blizzard wasn't always the company it is today.
  13. TeknoBug

In before you getting blasted by elitists... Mine dropped to about 0.8, I started out over 2.0 KDR but you know, I tend to die more often with the rez or repair tool in my hand.
  14. Gambles

my ratio was originally at something like 2.1? now it's down to 1.1 because I constantly repair / medic or zerg rush lol.
  15. Xizwhoa

Bad players have a say in who hacks? Shouldn't talk about SOE like that, not very nice.
  16. NOX2097

With all due respect if your friend was upsetting that many people, it doesn't matter if he is hacking or not. By being so "pro" he is negatively impacting the experience of others. That's 100% fair reason for banning. No sane company will let one customer cause 50 other customers to leave.
  17. Krrr8or

I am not worried and you shouldn't be either. Unless you are a hacker then maybe you should worry every day. :)
    • Up x 3
  18. StrangerDanger

you werent banned for your KD ratio, you were banned for using a hack. your KD ratio is moot when your using a 3rd party program that you shouldnt be using.

Stop hacking and youll stopped getting banned.
  19. Xizwhoa

Nox your post is bad and you should feel bad. You should never ever ever never be punished for being a great player.
  20. NOX2097

If you were running a business for a living, would you let one customer walk away or 50? Answer the question please.