How to be 100% certain G2A will never be balanced.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Hoki

HA starting dumb-fire rocket no longer 1-shot ESF's. At one point I'm pretty sure they did or I got lucky and kept hitting them in the rear.

Either way, not a good sign when a hip-fire rocket doesn't 1-shot an ESF.
    • Up x 1
  2. daskleineviech

It's not meant to kill air, that's the answer. As long as the AA launcher still misses 50% of the shots just because the pilot can press two buttons at the same time, we shouldn't care about what DF launchers do to aircraft.
  3. wolfva

Balance does not exist. See sig for reason why.
  4. n00biz

Takes 3 (2 and a sliver of health, but doesn't catch it on fire) to down a liberator, now that is ********...
  5. searingarrows

Dedicated mosquito here. If dumbfire missiles are the ones that do not lock on then I agree that they should one shot ESFs and I was almost certain they did already... I remember watching a buddy of mine sit ontop of the bio lab and fire missiles at the scythes that would land and he one shot each of them. Anyway, you'd have to be sitting completey still (being an air brick) to get hit with one of those and if thats the case then you deserve to get killed.
  6. Hoki

Yeah a hip-fire rocket should do percentage damage to air vehicles instead of fixed damage amount. They write special code in the battlefield series for hip-fire rockets and tank rounds. The code says, ok so damage does such and such amount of damage, unless its the vehicle is a jet/helicopter and its been shot by a tank or RPG.

They realized that if you shoot an air vehicle with a dumb weapon, they deserve to die immediately. PS2 should do the same, except for possibly galaxies because they are supposed to get low.

Honestly even liberators deserve to die instantly if they get hit by a dumb rocket.
  7. StrangerDanger

are we stepping on that slippery slope of 1vs1 scenarios in a game where 1vs1 isnt the object, point, or even possible most of the time?
    • Up x 2
  8. Chenjesu

Ive shot ESF's with my prowler guns and it barely takes them under half. WITH BOTH GUNS. Not to mention the libs you can shoot all day, while they shoot back and fly away.

Devs dont want air to lose, EVER.
  9. Cyridius

I've been stupid in my Reaver and hovered long enough for a HA to dumbfire me. It's been 1 hit in my experience. Then again I might've taken some small arms fire(Due to my extreme inattention to the whole situation leading me to hover like that) which pushed it over the edge.
  10. Hoki

Yeah same here I've 1-shot about 12 ESF's that were at full health that were either hover-camping nearby or lining up to shoot rawketpawds at me.

It started yesterday, shot a scythe from below, it damn near killed it limped away with like 10% HP left. Same thing happened again tonight.
    I think people are starting to outfit their ESF's with explosive defenses or something.
  11. Chrysalis

ESF don't take directional damage.

Dumbfire rockets never 1 shot on contact, but they put ESF far enough into burning that unless they have fire suppress, the thing goes BOOM 1.5 seconds later.
  12. Hoki

Well that must be what happened then. Either way I don't see how they'll ever balance this game's G2A if a rocket to the face can't even take out a fighter. I don't even bother shooting at libs anymore, they just eat the rocket, laugh, and shoot right back.
  13. searingarrows

G2A dumbfires do 1 shot fighters... If you mean the lock on ones need to one shot fighters you're sadly mistaken.
  14. Metsuro

No but avoiding the missile should be three times harder than it currently is.
  15. phreec

You can't perfectly balance skill less lock-on weapons and FYI, those MANPADS never oneshot any aircrafts...
  16. PyroPaul

I just hate when ESF's take a HEAT shell to the nose and fly off... so annoying.
    They should die out of principle of how awesome of a shot it was.
    • Up x 1
  17. Hoki

Absolutely agree, all tank main cannons should put the hurt on air vehicles.
  18. CaptainCareful

19. Hoki

Yeah both StrangerDanger and the two of you that liked his quote completely missed the point.
  20. ytman

For AirSpace to be a real battle you need to have Ground be a valid deterrent to the Air and have Air Superiority win that battle. 1v1 balance doesn't work in a game with scales such as these. If 1v1 AA Maxes v ESF had a 4 second TTK 12 AA Maxes would tear through all AirForces... right now a well kept platoon with a squad of AA Maxes locks down an area to all but the most dedicated Air Assaults.

As a squishy ground guy I don't like the Dalton/Zephyr... but eh... its not broken.