Why is the terrain climbing so bad in this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by searingarrows, Dec 10, 2012.

1. searingarrows

I get really stressed out when I can't even walk up a 30 degree slope -_- so much of this terrain is unclimable. Really makes infantry life frustrating.
    • Up x 2
  2. _Ow_

Spam jump and sprint...or get a light assault.
  3. Halon

Infantry that could climb hills better would be awesome.
  4. LetMeTouchYou

This
  5. iGamer1990

ya as a medic i get jealous seeing them jetpacks flying over me -_- while im still struggling to get over the hill lol
  6. Dubious

I still wonder how dirt can stay on a hill, but a soldier cant get up that hill

Dirt on rocks dont hold that good, so when its dirt laying thee i expect to be able to walk up..
  7. EN0sh

I experience no problems climbing pretty sharp ridges. I find most of the climbing done to be quite impossible to do irl, as a matter of fact.
  8. searingarrows

I shouldn't need to be a light assault to walk up hills :|
  9. Limabean

Yeah some of the hills are way to restrictive and you get hung up and the game wont let you jump anymore, usually making you reset your efforts. Yet a 20 ton tank can just navigate through them like nothing. They shouldn't be able to climb that well on steep inclines, especially when the terrain is really jagged. Smooth hills fine.