Mobile Graphics?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Showman238, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Alexlightning7

That is true, however in the vast majority of cases, clevo does have the best deals, especially since you can cut corners to save money while most msi are completely prebuilt.

For what its worth, I did find a very good deal on a MSI with a 570m for 1200$. The problem with that is, for 50$ more you can get the clevo with a 670m.
    I suggest limiting his search to clevo models because they are, to be completely honest, almost always cheaper. I have seen most MSIs with 670ms selling for around 1500$ while most clevos sell for 1200-1350 with the same card.

Its been known that alienwares are overpriced for a long time. My 650$ laptop is actually more powerful(When I bought it) then their 1300$ dollar m14x with a 555m.

I can see why you think Im going about it wrong, but I believe that Sager/Clevo are the best for the price.
    • Up x 1
  2. MaddBomber

+1 for your reply
  3. Josh1140

Just wanted to get the NONONONONONO out of the way. ;)
  4. AngelSnypz

Ive done all that. everythings validated fine. running as admin and every single executable that needs to be allowed through firewall has been added (incoming and outgoing) and even added to AV exceptions. ill try use your .ini and check that overclocking.
    I noticed that my crysis had some pretty big visual problems after getting my catalyst updated. although i am not sure what version i am using. i tried grabbing the 12.6 drivers earlier but it caused problems with my switchable graphics so i went back to 12.4. that was before win 8. since getting win 8 the only drivers that i have managed to get working are ones from hp in the SP58788 display drivers which according to hp are ENVY drivers but they work fine. Do you have switchable graphics? if so could you please provide a link to the 12.11 beta 8 drivers?

as for errors etc there's nothing. i click run in the launcher and the splash screen goes through fine. it starts to load then freezes around 40% (although recently its been stopping around 20) then the screen flashes and i get "planetside2.exe has stopped working". checking my event log it tells me the faulting module is planetside2.exe
  5. Alexlightning7

Well, none of what I said will help you if the game wont even start.
    Maybe try sending in a steam support ticket.
  6. AngelSnypz

Yeah doing that now. but all im expecting from support is them telling me the 7690m xt isnt supported by planetside 2 and it wont work (which is what i was told when i submitted a ticket like 2 days after launch). Thanks for attempting to help anyway.
  7. Alexlightning7

Yeah, support doesn't know what their talking about most of the time, especially when it comes to laptops.
    I can get you the list of supported cards, but

7670m=above minimum
    7690m=below
    7690m XT/6770m=Below.

Tell me how that works?
  8. AngelSnypz

its total BS and honestly sony should sort their **** out. the 7690m xt,7690m and 6770m are all pretty much the same card with different stock clock-rates. oh well, is it ok to refer to you about the 7690m xt working fine with planetside2 when support tells me to upgrade? i wonder what they would say to that.

as for the 7670m being above min and 7690m/7690m xt being below is total crap. by all rights the 7690m xt should be a better card yet according to sony its not?

EDIT: Check this out, according to this the 7690m xt is the better card overall in the 3 you named
    http://www.gaminglaptopsjunky.com/gpu-battle-radeon-hd-7670m-radeon-hd-7690m-radeon-hd-7690m-xt/
  9. Alexlightning7

yes I knew, thats why I put it last.
    Also, a 7690m XT is a renamed 6770m, which is why I put it there.
    Here is the list
    http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36590

I see TONS of mistakes there.
    A stock 640m is about the same as a 7690m XT (although I dont think notebookcheck was updated with the newest drivers).
    I would put it between a 640m and a 650m, with my overclock included.

A 7670m is just above a 630m.
    a 630m is the same as a 540m.

Both of those are quite a bit above a 7650m, which is of course, supported.

I also think its kinda stupid how the only 2 cards to meet the reccommended settings are a 680m and 7970m.
    especially since a 670m=a 560 and a 675m=560 ti which are both above recommended.

Same with amd, I believe a 7950m isnt even released yet, so Im not sure how they have it on the list.

Ive seen people play this on intel HD 3000s, so even the patheticly weak 610m should play it ok at minimum.

If an SOE dev sees this, see what you can do to fix it.
    Maybe Im just making to big a deal out of it.
  10. AngelSnypz

no your not. sony needs to check this out and if their "supported GPU's" are actually correct, at least give us some info on why cards like the 7690m xt aren't supported whilst 7670m's are etc..

either that page needs to be updated or sony really isn't bothering about the many of us who have "unsupported" GPU's and will continue to fall back on the "upgrade your GPU" response

Sony dev's please, give us some reasons for these issues, something other than "consider upgrading your GPU"
  11. Alexlightning7

The thing is, most people with below specced cards can play fine. Its when people like you are having trouble with most likely none related issues and SOE blames a decent graphics card for it thats the problem.

hopefully a dev will see this and pass it up the chain of command.
  12. AngelSnypz

oh well, until sony figures this out and releases a fix that allows me to play im just gonna keep sifting through the vast internets in the hope of finding a fix for my particular problem.
  13. Cyridius

I run with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M and I get decent frame rates consistently.
    Buying laptops capable of gaming is seriously hard, the hardware in most laptops might aswell be replaced with air for all their usefulness in gaming.
    You don't need a gaming-orientated brand. I'm running on a Toshiba. Sure, Alienware and the likes are all good, you know what you're getting is designed with games in mind, but you don't need them.

I'm not sure if PS2 specifically supports laptop hardware, but using Mobile Graphics & Processing I'm going fine with no issues at all.
  14. Alexlightning7

Good luck. Send me a private message if you do, it would be interesting to see how other people with my same laptop manage to play different games.
  15. Xirg

Does anyone know if Planetside 2 is partial to Nvidia GeForce vs AMD Radeons. Such as Geforce 550m vs Radeon 6770m? Which would you choose? Why?
  16. Alexlightning7

Well I have a 6770m(7690m XT is the same card).
    In game benchmarks its alittle better then the 550m. Actually its in between a 555m and a 560m, or around a 640m at stock.

I hear that this game favors Nvidia, but I haven't had to much trouble with it.
    The only real advantage I could see is taking the strain off the CPU with GPU Physx. But this is disabled right now anyways so not really an issue.

It definitly favors Intel CPUs though.
  17. Xirg

I have an HP Elitebook 8540w That has a dual core i7 2.6Ghz and Quadro 880m. I use it to play on low settings and render quality at 1080p and frame rates are good even in large battles and doesn't look all that bad really. Mosquitoes and Reavers go down all day with my Nemesis (new patch nerfed the dumbfire on it btw). I just ordered a Radeon 6770m to replace the Quadro, I let yall know how it goes.

mnu89k7u ijyn <--- result of my keyboard face smash