Enough is enough with friendly sunder TK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fluff, Dec 6, 2012.

1. m44v

The sunder is in a bad place? deal with it. Drive the sunder yourself next time.

If people resort to TK for disagreements like this then complaining about team killers is meaningless.
  2. HappyZaps

No. Only your analysis is simple. In reality you would only create new problems by doing this.
  3. Uffama

This I like.

Also, a pretty surefire way not to get killed is to not run with an ams. And if you do get killed in the ams, it isn't illegal, just rule breaking.
  4. SKYeXile

Iv seen guys in sunderers try to pushed setup AMS's outside of the shields at the bottom of biolabs so they could be killed by the enemy and then setup theirs....i spawn vehicles on them.
    • Up x 1
  5. Captainramage

As a frequent sunder driver (where most of my vehicle points go) I think the answer is to take xp off the sunder spawn all together. A badly parked sunder can get spawns, but slow down an entire team enough to lose a fight.

Let those who want to put it somewhere useful do it, rather than cater for those only interested in XP.
    • Up x 1
  6. VoidMagic

It was fine in beta.
  7. Bags

That's pretty edgy. Who made you king?
    • Up x 3
  8. Udon

I have seen us loose the ability to take a tech plant because the sundered deployed opposite the unshielded doors so every infantry that deployed had to run shooting gallery style past one of the one way shields. There where multiple Sunderers in better spots that where stuck not being able to deploy.

SOE either needs to give infantry the ability to vote out a bad Sunderer placement or expect this kind of behavior. Having one bad Sunderer driver able to stall a entire push by poor placement is really pretty stupid and honestly boarders on griefing in it's own right.
    • Up x 4
  9. HappyZaps

I can see why your shortbus gets blown up a lot.

This is a team game. A Sunderer is not your personal XP stream; it's a team asset. By choosing to deploy a Sunderer you are taking on the responsibility of supporting the team with a mobile spawn point. And when the team tells you that you are in a bad place, you will move that team asset to a better place.

If you refuse, especially if you display the kind of attitude shown here in your posts, and your team takes you out, that's just self defense. You were hurting the team, and the team stopped you. Next time you'll listen.

Now, if it's just a case where a guy blows up your bus to put down his own in the same spot, that's straightforward d-baggery.
    • Up x 3
  10. Breasley

Organization was at an all-time low in beta, and so was population cap.

There isn't much more game-breaking than a set of organized platoons with 4+ spawn platforms available to their disposal. One breaks, no worries we can have three more here before they clear out another one.

Pushing a platoon out of a hex section (choke point, valuable waypoint, high-ground, etc...) will be a thing of the past!
    The notion that this is balanced is silly at best.
  11. m44v

So what? You lose and win tech plants all the f*cking time, are you going to justify team killers for petty crap like that? Get over yourself.
    • Up x 1
  12. Monnor

last time someone tryed this is shot his face, and he was never seen again. And well there are little swines, from your enemy faction which log in and kill your sunderer.
  13. Shepherd

For you to say something like "there are not correct locations i can put mine whereever i want and you cant tell me how to play and wah wah wah" says to me that you really lack an understanding of how to play this game.

The worst offenders are Bio Labs. There a set number of ways to gain entrance to a biolab. If you sunder is not within 15m of one of those entrances than you are WRONG. For example, there is always at least one idiot who parks his bus directly under the dome. That bus is now blocking people from deploying under EITHER of the landing pads.

Solution: Stop putting your sunderers in stupid locations (which prevent us from putting spawn points in GOOD locations) and we'll stop killing them. We always ask over Yell and give the guy a few minutes to either move or un-deploy, but if there is no response I am certainly not above a modicum of friendly fire to ensure that the spawns are placed in a such a way that we can actually win the fight.
    • Up x 2
  14. HerbertKnivez

I agree with shepherd I put my sundys in strategic places, I get a lot of people spawning to it.
    • Up x 1
  15. Udon

Your ignoring the part where I say we need the ability to vote down a sunderer instead of being forced to destroy it. But yes I think if a Sunderer driver is gong to grief me by deploying in a stupid place that significantly increases my chances of getting killed or not taking the base, they refuse to move when it makes common sense to do so, and SOE isn't going to give us the tools to fix the issue any other way that TK is probably the only option left to us.

I agree it's a slippery slope and would much prefer SOE give us tools to undeploy the Sunderer ourselves via a vote or something.
  16. Tasogie

Most of it is done by those who want their Sundys to be farming exp for them. What I uusally do is first time they kill me. I tell everyone, second time I report him, an AT mine his when he deploys it.
  17. Fluff

No actually I will clearly tell you where you won't put your C4 is that understood? You grief you are reported. You kill your team mate on purpose, you will be reported. You will not tell anyone in this game, people like you will just tell anyone else where they should be at any given time.
  18. Kracin

this. i have seen people who deploy a sunderer in a horrible position, wide out in the open, making all of the spawning friendlies get spawn camped by aircraft, and the guy refuses to move the sundere because he collects exp. and the enemies wont destroy it because they get exp.

the solution has always been,, **** that guy, blow his sundy up and deploy one in a good spot.

lack of teamplay gets rewarded with c4
  19. Fluff

Oh so wait, in a tank in real life is badly place, yeah all his friends will start shooting at him. Yeah that makes so much sense there. I wasn't speaking as much for myself when I created the thread as what I have seen so far, I've had my sunder blown a few times, maybe 3 times so far since beta. But my point is simple, no one will be telling anyone in this game what to do or what not to do, this is a game you aren't my boss and I'm not your employee. I do not -ever- join squads are they are completely useless, most of the time everyone will be all over the place and even if I did you really think I'd start to be commanded by 1 person?

We all play this game for the reason to have fun, when someone grief someone else, that is undermining the fun and it is illegal.
  20. Kubor

We had this exact problem in Planetside 1. The developers even removed the ability to kill friendly spawn tubes and generators because a small number of delusional tinpot dictators felt they had the right to make people spawn where they said they needed to spawn on a map. It wasn't possible to do that with the AMS so they carried on getting destroyed at the whim of the control freaks.

I can see both sides of this argument. Sometimes it really is a better tactical choice to have the Sunderer elsewhere. But on the other hand you can't take away people's freedom of choice. If they have Sunderer certed as a spawn point then they have the right to place it where they choose.

If somebody deliberately destroys a deployed Sunderer simply because they disagree with its placement, they couldn't possibly complain if a GM took action against them for griefing.
    • Up x 3