PS2 Nerf/Buff Madlibs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nihil, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Nihil

The next time you want to make a Nerf/Buff post, just copy and paste this and change the words as needed.

You must nerf the ___Enemy Empire's__ ___Weapon that pwned me___ or buff ___My Empire's__
    ___Weapon that I use incorrectly___! I was on ___Continent___ and __Player who must be hacking___ killed me over and over with a ___Weapon that pwned me___. Every time I run up to __Player who must be hacking___ he would shoot me in the face and I would die. My ___Short range weapon___ couldn't hit him but he could hit me with this ___long range weapon___! That's totes imba! .
  2. Bill Hicks

3. Nihil

No YOU shut up.
  4. Miles Cadre

Like children.

All I know is when I see the stats of a vanu weapon compared to other empires, I see Vanu need to be toned down.

Vanu should eb in the middle of both empires, not almost the rof of TR, not almost the alpha of NC, and surely if both the prior apply, no 0 shell drop.

Again, Vanu activity has spiked since the patch on the 6th. Theres a reaosn for it and its not cuz people like looking like purple/teal bugs.
  5. Badmethod

Ignoring the rubbish above this post I'd have to say I agree with Miles. Noticed the trend on my server too. Purple pumpkin bug population slowly creeping up and up.
    • Up x 1
  6. Miles Cadre

:D At least I'm not alone
  7. Nihil

The same thing happened in PS1 over the course of 8 or so years. People hear that $otherEmpire was buffed, or has new toys, so they play $otherEmpire out of curiosity. That side gains population, giving them an edge. People will use the new(ly buffed) toys. So the people who are loyal to their empire are outpopped and dying to weapon that just got buffed. They notice their favorite gun doesn't give them instagibs like before. The QQ begins and doesn't stop until the nerf/buff pass pulls people to that side. Lather, rinse, repeat.

There are legit imbalances. On this forum there are threads upon thread begging for their enemies to be nerfed and their side to be buffed. i'd bet most of them are the result of people using weapons/vehicles the wrong way. Using weapons at the wrong range, using the same weapon without consideration for the situation. The empires aren't meant to be balanced on a gun for gun, tank for tank level, but on the whole.

Without access to the data the Devs have, it's hard to say if something is imbalanced, or just poorly used. It doesn't help that the game went live six or so months early. We're pretty much paying to play a beta.

PS2 makes a bigger mess of balance by allowing modifications to EVERYTHING. In PS1 your Prowler was the same as my Prowler. My Lasher was the same as your Lasher. It was one of my favorite features of the game.

Play VS. Join an outfit on the VS. Listen to their comms. They're whining just as much. i tell them to QQ less and Pew Pew more as well. This thread is not about just the NC and TR whining. It's about all the whining.

Pops shift. From day to day, hour to hour, patch to patch. Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the mosquito. If you're boned on one continent, find the continent where your side is dominating. Then we can all play musical continents!