[BUG] Damage not registering?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by snu, Dec 9, 2012.

1. snu

Usually when I am using my dual-scattercannons, sometimes i will encounter an infantry target somewhere between 3-7 meters in front of me. For some reason, they do not take any damage, regardless of me emptying 24 scattercannon rounds on an immobile target. The shots hit their model, and the sound of it hitting the body is audible, as well as the shots visually impacting the target.

Just now, I am using my dual falcons, and I would have to say that ATLEAST 5 out of 8 shots are not even registering damage on enemy armor, even though the shells are visibly hitting the target and exploding on the hull.

Can something please be done about this?
    • Up x 1
  2. absolofdoom

Problem also exists with TR MAX, people who are aware of this can duck into the sweet spot, aim for the head, and easily solo me. Thankfully this rarely happens but it always leaves me cursing loudly when it does.

Today I tricked an HA who tried to hit me with his rocket launcher (I had less than 1/4 HP left) and got up behind him and shot. It did nothing and he turned around and unloaded on me, while I was still unable to hurt him. Obviously I died, and it's still bothering me now because I absolutely outplayed that guy but still lost.

I've heard the problem is that the guns are zeroed such that at that certain range the crosshair is incorrect. However in combat I can't really figure it out. If somebody wants to test it out with me let me know.
  3. raw

All explosive weapons have a probability to not deal damage on the first shot. This is especially noticeable on the HA rocket launcher, but can also happen on the MBT main cannon, the MAX unit's AT weapons, etc.

This bug has been there since early beta.
  4. Rabbitofdoom

Yeah noticed that too with scaterguns i was guesing its because there is sweet spot where you can stand bewen both guns cone of fire.
  5. Beltway

Same thing has been happening to be all night on multiple occasions. While on the ground I thought it was just me until I actually walk up behind someone and unloaded half a magazine and didn't touch him. I thought it was a hacker or something so I ignored it, then I got into an esf and my lock on missles as well as my shots went right through the target. It was an on and off thing, seemed to happen for 2 - 3 minutes at a time and things would go back to normal. I knew something was really up when I was on the ground as a heavy and my rocket went straight through an enemy AMS (all four rockets). I'm not sure what is causing it but I don't know whether to report it as a bug or what.
  6. absolofdoom

Hm, maybe it's nothing to do with MAX then. I can't say I've noticed the bug with anything else except the rocket launcher, though I thought that was an entirely different thing. It certainly happens more often when I'm in a MAX suit though.
  7. snu

Certainly true, 90% of this problem occurs to me in a MAX suit. The other 10% is when I am HA and my first rocket hits the rear hull of a tank, doing no damage, however visibly hitting it and exploding on contact.

I haven't really had this problem with any other explosives/weapons. The rocketpods seem to register just fine, so do grenades and AT mines. Seems to be most common on the MAX suit.
  8. snu

Another couple of things to add to the broken MAX list:

-taking damage while reloading causes your charge ability to not work, however it uses the cooldown.

-Ammo packs have only been supplying me for 2 ticks before not supplying me at all. I am forced to run around with half of my ammunition, deeming the extra ammo cert worthless.
  9. Kiddneey

This happens with every faction's MAXes (I play MAX on all three). I've had it happen with Scattercannons, Heavy Cyclers, Quasars and also Bursters against infantry. Always when at <20m.
  10. Garmr

This has killed me far too many times than I care for.

Its a frustrating situation having a shotgun that doesn't kill in close quarters
  11. Blight

I feel you. Supposed to be the CQ king but annihilated by a twerp with a machine gun. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this garbage.
  12. snu

wow yup, definitely just went head to head with a lightning in my dual-falcon MAX.

5 shots in a row didn't register at all.

IN A ROW.

(before you ask, it was no further than 10 meters, all were direct hits, visibly impacting the hull of the lightning).

the other 8 did register, and he was on fire as he laid the final shot on me.

its INCREDIBLY frustrating knowing that more than 3/4's of my deaths in a MAX are from this no-reg stupidity.
  13. mujina

You using the slug ammo by any chace? if so thats the reason, it seems to hit far less at close range but on the upside its basically turns them into snipers (if you fire enough :) ) - working as intended i think
  14. Hoki

Isn't just closerange I've had it happen on medium-long range as well with dual mercies.

Guy stands still at medium range, I'm compensating, keeping my center dot on center body mass, not a single hit marker, forced to run away.

I got taunted today over voice called a horrible aim by someone, after 4 engagements of this glitch in a row, forced to run.

And then when it doesn't happen, I'll murder 4 people in an enclosed area on one clip.
  15. Blitzkrieg

It's occurring on the Comets and the Standard Rocket Launcher.
  16. snu

No slugs. I have not had any problem with slugs.
  17. therah

I've encountered the OPs bug as well as the bug where it displays my MAX having shields and I could swear I'm running around with permanently half health even after an engineer has spent some time trying to repair me.

It's a bug that presents with scattercannons, grinders, AND falcons. Obvious explosions on enemy magriders. 0 damage 0 hit markers. It's even more frustrating when I'm playing double falcons and I get into a CQC fight with infantry, I'm directly hitting them and nothing happens. Between all the falling through the world I do in a MAX and these bugs I've lost most of my will to play.
  18. therah

Getting a undetected flank on an AMS sundy as a dual falcon MAX and having none of your shots do any damage is so infuriating. 15 minutes of careful walking for nothing.
  19. absolofdoom

Maybe someday they'll fix this bug, but considering my jetpack and medkits still randomly cease to work despite these being commonly-reported problems in beta, I kinda doubt it.
  20. I'm behind you

Also ran into this on my TR MAX. Always at a closeish range. Very frustrating. I find the trick is though to just keep moving as you fire.