[Suggestion] Tech plant assault it too booooring.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkWingGB, Dec 10, 2012.

1. DarkWingGB

Realy. Bio lab assaults is very interesting. Many tactis, tricks, and so on.

Amp stations and towers - little less , but still very attractive.

But Tech plants - is horrible. A single narrow entry to building? Whats a point?

All asssaults a same - stupid grenade spam and thousands Mana turrets around backdoor.
    No tactics, no plans - just a hours of stupid zerg, trying to enter a backdoor, defended by dozens of MAX, turrets, tanks inside a building and grenade spam.

That realy need to do something. Maybe an outdoor generator (current generator is in a very heart of enemy. Virtualy ureacheble, before control point is taken by zerg overrun), more entry for light assaults, more vital points to defend... But Tech Plants realy need to rework!!!
  2. Sabzi

Totally agree.
    At least at the early days after lunch you could jump on the half open door and rake in some kills but now it's defended by turrets and spam as well. It really becomes boring quickly. Yesterday I just quit because of that.(not the game, the session :) )
    Although I think a sundy with shield disabler(or whatever it's called) can solve things if done well, but I've never seen it.
  3. Gavyne

Still? This has been discussed before, there are multiple tactics to assaulting tech plants besides the 2 lil doors. Sunderes can use shield diffusers to bulldoze through the biggest opening there is. Ever seen 2 Sunderers run in with 24 troopers ready to jump out and say "surprise!"? It's hilarious. It's rarely done if you don't run with an Outfit or Squads willing to work together. But when it's done, it's very effective because you bulldoze right into where the defenders are often hiding and setting up.

And that's not all, light assaults could jetpack up and drop down from above. Not only that, they could jetpack through the opening above the shielded doors. Good light assaults really shine here.

Now to make it even more interesting, someone on our server figured out to raise the tank's gun up in an angle, allowing ground troops to run up over the shield where it's normally only accessible by light assaults.

All people had to do was to learn them. There's a reason devs designed these things a particular way, and sometimes they just want you to learn all the tools available to you and get creative about combat strategies.
    • Up x 3
  4. Bags

Biolabs are not interesting at all. They're pure meat grinders.
  5. ImGladUmad

Too much stalemates......They need new building designs for the next maps.
  6. DarkWingGB

2 sunderers will meet a tank or two inside with 150mm anti-infantry cannon + 2 or 4 bulldogs from enemy sunderers and dosens of MAXs.
    What you told is only work for lighly defended tech plant.

Just a single-shot trick. Normaly, attacker tanks couldnt even get close to enemy shields - they a easy targets for defender Heavys behind a shield.
  7. yukipo

Tech Plants are horribly designed. Personally, I would say "scrap the whole facility template and redo it from scratch," but this is SOE we're talking about, so it's foolish of me to expect them to put actual effort into better world design.

I think it would solve a lot of problems with Tech Plant stalemates if the Generator was positioned in a more vulnerable location. No idea where they could move it, though, maybe somewhere on the ground floor if they change the layout of the base a bit, but anywhere is likely to be better than where it is now.
  8. UberBonisseur

Sorry, but tech plants blow.

It's not about "other ways".
    If we WANT to take a Tech Plant as an outfit, we WILL take it. No effort.

Send 2 Sundies in = Win within SECONDS.

Usual Tech plant fight:

-Entering the Tech plant hex ~5 minutes
    -Getting at the Tech plant doors ~5 minutes
    -Assaulting the Tech plant from the backdoors ~1 hour
    -Bringing in the Gate breakers and cleaning inside ~2 minutes
  9. Gavyne

What's the point if for everything I say, you're just going to counter it on paper? While you could say all these strategies only work for lightly defended bases (which you are wrong), I can say you just haven't seen an organized attack that are ready for these defenses. Ever seen a MAX crash? Tanks are the least of concerns.
  10. Kitsunami

Tech plants are fun...
    Send 2 Sundies in = Win within SECONDS.

- Unless theres an outfit defending it properly. Tank mines lining the base shield result in no chance for a sunderor going through, even with mineguard.

Theres TONNES of tactics for taking a tech plant:

1) Sundybomb - My god this is so much fun. Load a sundy with c4, shield diffusor and mines...ram it in and bang. Bye bye enemy sundy.

2) Gate Crash - Gate diffusor + MAX + Full sundy + supporting infantry sundy.

3) Galaxy drop - Using the elevators to your advantage, secure the top floor and you deny the enemy the ability to push back invading air. Then you simply go down and push.

4) Back doors - Two back doors to go in. Simple.

5) Light Rush - Light assaults can jet pack over the shielded gates with balcony's. Do it.

6) Infantry climb - As above, with ramps. Use a sundy or a tank and create a ramp so that your team can climb over the shields.

7) Infiltration - Infiltrators sneaking in via any of the above ways in, then hacking terminals and spawning either an AMS or a tank, then laying waste to the enemy.

And so on and so forth...more keep being made up as we play.

Biolab? Theres like..what, three tactics?

Take teleports.
    Gal drop pads.
    Infantry zerg.

Not as fun at all really.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gavyne

Well then there you have it, take it with no effort. Good for you, you win the game. And yes I get it, most people like to farm a bit so the reason for the door zerg. Honestly so many facilities are so easy to take, it's good to find a meatgrinder every once in awhile to grind out good exp for infantry players.
  12. Dragonzord86

Was thinking today of the gate crashing sundy... have it full of max suits, and an AMS sundy behind it with all heavy assaults.

Would take any tech plant easily...
  13. Ixidron

The problem with shield diffuser is that it's bugged atm and some times you crash against the shield, and there is also an exploit people use to avoid shield diffusers, enemy tanks that touch the shield will fully block it, and sunderers will not pass through.
  14. Trysaeder

Are you kidding me? Galaxy drop, squad beacon drop, shield buster, max crash, LA rush, or any combination of these ALL work in tech plants.

A biolab is just BF3 style metro gameplay. Not saying that's bad, but there's something for everyone.
  15. AnnPerkins

Uhhh, you do realize any sort of drop you do is only going to put you on the elevators right in the middle of the stupid chokepoint, right? And that even if you do manage to bust in and kill their sundy they can just build another one at the vehicle terminal that is right freaking there.

Also, I could go into how biolabs are freaking awesomely designed and not at all what most people seem to think they are but that seems a bit off topic.
  16. DarkWingGB

Gal drops, beacon drops, max rush - all would going to same chokepoint!!! Roof acces bring you right to that f%kin backdoor.
  17. felfox

Tech plant has the best fights and the dirtiest/most interesting tactics to breach/defend. Bio lab is defenders park in four places that only infantry can reach and meat grind them. Amp stations are better but rather chaotic back and forth generator tag.
  18. SgtScum

This is the relevant point. Each base type favors a certain game style so everyones tastes are covered.

Personally I love the tech plant fights as they are cert printers with all the killing and repairing and ammo slinging.
    • Up x 1
  19. Adila

Organized outfits are starting to defend the portals against sunderers. Let's also not forget people have figured out how to get their sundies up the stairs too.

And let's also not forget the stupid bug where the shield diffuser doesn't even work. Nothing is as hilarious as watching 3 Sunderers roll up to the door only to have only one of them work and get demolished by the zerg inside for multiple attempts.
  20. yukipo

Funny, because I would say that a Tech Plant is more similar to the average game on Operation Metro. Biolabs are at least easy to breach with numbers; once you get inside, it's a bitter struggle in an urban/jungle arena. Points flip back and forth until the SCU gets destroyed or the offense loses their Sunderers/nearby spawn points due to counter-attacks by the defenders.

Tech Plant? Offense rushes into a meatgrinder, defense hunkers down and covers the chokepoints. Grenade spam on both sides. Sounds pretty similar to 64p OpMetro.