How's the Anti-tank max for TR?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Matlock0, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Matlock0

I did the trial for M3 HE pounder, dualwielding those puppies I felt like a badass blowing up some tanks. Didn't get to try it much though but it seems somewhat effective at least.

Anyone actually bought this M3 for the 2nd hand? How do you like it so far? It seems good for defending those Amp station and tech plant vehicle shields and bust them from above and escape infantry (if you have no support) with the launch pads.
  2. Saltychipmunk

intensely underwhelming, they aren't really much better than a heavy assault in terms of being a threat to a tank.
    here is the thing, the two of them together do slightly less than a single rocket , thus you have low spike damage and you have to get alot more shots in to kill things , which vs mag riders is hard as hell to do.

they make you completely open to hostile infantry due to the fact that the trajectory of the nades leaves a 2 foot wide space between the projectiles.

the max is too slow and bulky to take advantage of rear armor hits , where as a heavy assault can regularly take advantage of rear armor hits

the max is too easy to hit for tanks and often dies faster than heavy assault does.

my opinion, save up for double c4 and do the c4+ rocket to the rear one shot kill strat with heavy assault. infact c4 in general is a better investment over a max.

unless you got an engi up your butt ... you wont really do much vs tanks due to the fact that one tank shot will cause you to run away looking for an engie.
  3. VKhaun

I would pass for now. They're fine, but not flexible enough IMO. Get the new Decimator for HA instead IMO.
  4. Corsix

Salty is right, the thing with the Rocket launcher is you can pop out of cover, shoot, and take cover again. MAX's do more sustained damage but they cannot survive retaliation, and might have a harder time flanking the tank.

Should increase the burst ability of it by making them fire much faster so a MAX can deliver the payload and then back out fast. I'd much rather they be more of a grenade type weapon than rocket, to make it a close/mid range anti vehicle because the HA rocket is great at long range already. In exchange, the grenades would more than just fireworks to enemy infantry so they'd be good mid/long range against infantry.
  5. Krytical

They are terrible at the moment. Low damage, slow trajectory. Stay away unless you feel like giving out free MAX kills to tanks.
  6. absolofdoom

They're good for blowing up sundys and unsuspecting tanks. Particularly if you have the high ground. But that's about it. You aren't gonna go beat that magrider camping your spawn.