The magrider

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Palladuix, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Archaegeo

If the magriders gets less maneuverable, then the prowler needs less armor.
  2. innociv

Impossible to get stuck, like how it's impossible to ram them up against the wall where they're defenseless while you kill them?
  3. Ganelon

....what? The Prowler's armour is exactly the same as the magrider's.....
  4. Cute-CandyPants

the magrider is fine it does not need touching,

in order for it to strafe well you have to cert into it
    in order for it to get the speed boost you have to cert into it

you cant have both.

magriders have downsides also and are balaced.

i can kill magriders easy on my NC and TR
  5. Cluzore

I'll like to thank you for posting that video, thus I didn't have to look for it myself

Go try a prowler or a van and go against a Mag. See what happens.
  6. BigMacDeez

It's bad enough that the Magrider (and ALL VS weapons, for that matter) have hardly any bullet drop. I can be killed by a Mag 100's of meters away and just get destroyed. My gun tube has to be all the way in the air to get anywhere close, and then they just strafe out of the way. Let's not even get into the horrible lack of stability in the gun for both the Prowler and the Vanguard... Drive over the tiniest bump, throws off the whole damn shot. That's why we have to stop most of the time.
  7. d1spatch

Tank v Tank it seems perfectly fine aside from Saron.

Everything else I don't see why people are whining, killing infantry its just as good as any other tank...I can dodge rockets just as well in my lightning, and actually have more kills in my lightning.

Anything aside from fighting tanks, it's always a toss up between which tank I want for killing infantry.

/signed someone who has over 2,000 kills in both tanks.
  8. maxkeiser

Worse for the magrider.
  9. d1spatch

Honestly all the people who complain about magrider are just horrible shots. Most of the time their movement is predictable, and you can hit them rightly so. I have no problem killing magriders. I find a good prowler driver and vanguard (as long as I don't get 1st shot in back) are just as hard. A good prowler driver can be a damn menace to kill those things are so fast.

The alternative is you have a tank with more armor that strafes slower. Having a good shot, I'll take the way the mag is now.
  10. overcorpse

11. Telebot

As a Vanu player I can confirm this to 100% accurate.

I regularly squash at least 5 friendlies when I drive that thing, because its pretty hard to see in that thing and most people just run in from of you like a bunch of *****, completely disregarding the fact that they could be squashed.
  12. |Poo|

The factions come as a "package", if you don't like yours, try another package.
    You start messing with faction-specific balance, then you gotta look at the whole picture.

I play Vanu, but I'm not a mag driver, I drive the lightning exclusively.
    To me, the Magrider can be described in 3 words: IN THE WAY!

Heck, I'd love to have a real slug-fest tank for when one is needed, so I'll make you NC a deal... you guys can have the Magrider and we'll take the Vanguard.

The only catch is:
    You also need to switch Max Suits and weapons with us....imagine the horror.

What about the TR? a double-volley infantry murdering HE machine would be nice, so we'll swap you guys for the Prowler.In return though, you guys need to do a complete across the board infantry weapon swap with us.

Any Volunteers?

Obviously if we got to choose from all three factions gear a-la-carte we would choose the best thing for ourselves in each category across the board. You'd wind up with a cookie cutter game and at that point you might as well change the factions to "Red,Blue,and Purple" as color would be their only difference.

Fortunately, that's not how it works, each faction has its own flavor, and its own strengths and weaknesses.. if you don't like yours....

Switch