20 fps with 6850?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ManDraKEarg, Dec 8, 2012.

1. ManDraKEarg

i'm playing at 20fps in combat, all grapichs to low, and 1920x1080 resolution

Ring:
    Phenom 955 x4 @ OC 3.8ghz
    8gb Ram 1600
    HD 6850 (with oc, it have the same performance that a 6870 stock)

I know, that ring is top level, but 20fps at low? is that normal? i can play battefield3 with a constant 60fps at low...
  2. Alexlightning7

its your CPU.
    Look at one of the 50 threads in off topic with solutions. most have links to the core unparker.
    It can have a massive effect on some, none on others.
    usually, amd have much bigger improvements.
    some amd Phenoms have gone from 20 fps to 60 with it.

The biggest mistake people make is assuming they can play this when they can play bf3 or other games. While you could max bf3 with a E-450 and a good graphics card, you would get 2 fps with that settup in this game.
    The HORRIBLE optimization is contributing, but in a few months that will be fixed.
  3. ManDraKEarg

I will try it, but when i'm on ps2 the 4 cores are active at 100%, i don't think that will change something. And core packing wasn't a problem only with intel proccesors?

the reason is that most of the games are GPU dependent, except for a few cases (like GTA for example, is very CPU demanding)
  4. r.Tek

Give this a shot. helped some of my AMD buddies.

5. Alexlightning7

yes, thats what I told him to do.
    and core parking doesn't only effect intel.
  6. ManDraKEarg

unparked the cores, no effect at all :( this is unplayable, can't even aim with 20fps
  7. ManDraKEarg

bump, any other ideas?
  8. Virtual0Slayer

Hey i have almost the same specs Phenom II x4 945 @ stock 3.0 , 6850, 4 gigs RAM tho.
    Game first ran terrible just as you said 30fps average dropping to 15 sometimes even 10 fps in huge battles.
    Then i Edited the useroptions ini. file.
    Render distance first-huge difference almost doubled my fps i set it to 1000 cause i mostly go infantry and land vehicles
    Turned shadows off -also can get up to 20 fps.
    Other things like graphics,textures i turned up and so now the game looks better yet runs better.....
    However it does have a price to pay: with 1000 render distance you will have trouble flying cause of fog needs atleast 2000 for that but bigger render distance lower fps.
    No shadows-the game looks unnaturally brighter and can't be solved by the brightness option.Kinda like playing in a constant desert with the sun over your head.

My User options:

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=1024
    WindowedHeight=768
    RenderQuality=1.000000
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=1
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=1000
    Gamma=0.500000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=1
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=1
    FloraQuality=1
    ModelQuality=3
    ParticleLOD=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VerticalFOV=74
    AO=0

[Controls]
    CameraAutoAdjustment=1
    ClickToMove=0
    ClickToMoveRightButton=0
    RailCamera=1

[Sound]
    Master=1.000000
    Music=1.000000
    Game=1.000000
    Dialog=1.000000
    UI=1.000000
    UseFloat32Output=0
    ExclusiveMode=0
    HitIndicator=1
    LowAmmoIndicator=1
    VehicleChatter=1

[VideoCapture]
    Resolution=2
    Quality=100
    OutputFile=VideoCaptureOutput.avi

[VideoStreamer]
    Resolution=1
    Fps=30
    Kbps=0
    MicRecordVolume=0.000000
    SpeakerRecordVolume=1.000000
    Username=

[Terrain]
    RenderFlora=On

[AutoRefuse]
    FriendInvitation=0
    DuelInvitation=0
    GuildInvitation=0
    HideUi=1
    TradeRequest=0
    HousingInvitation=0
    GroupInvitation=0

[General]
    AutoDetectPerformanceSettings=0
    InvertVerticalFly=1
    Profanity=0
    FixedMinimap=0

[Video]
    VideoCapturePrefix=PS2Video

[VoiceChat]
    EchoEnabled=1
    EchoVolume=0.500000
    ProximityEnabled=1
    ProximityVolume=0.500000
    FactionEnabled=1
    FactionVolume=0.500000
    GroupEnabled=1
    GroupVolume=0.500000
    GroupLeaderEnabled=1
    GroupLeaderVolume=0.500000
    RaidEnabled=1
    RaidVolume=0.500000
    GuildEnabled=1
    GuildVolume=0.500000
    CustomEnabled=1
    CustomVolume=0.500000

[Voice]
    ReceiveVolume=50.000000
    MicrophoneVolume=50.000000

[UI]
    WelcomeScreenShown=1
    MapZoomLevel=0
    MapPositionX=22
    MapPositionY=-3
    ShowMapTutorial=0
    MapFilterShowActivityLevel=0
    MapFilterShowTerritoryControl=1
    MapFilterShowResource1=1
    MapFilterShowResource2=1
    MapFilterShowResource3=1
    ShowCertsTutorial=0
    CentralizedHudMode=1
    MapCenterOnPlayer=0
    MapFilterShowSquad=1
    MapStatisticsView=1
    MapFilterShowMissions=1
    MapFilterShowGrid=0
    MapFilterShowFacilities=1
  9. Lizardonastick

Do you have a reference for this subject and time frame? I haven't seen it discussed officially.
  10. CzechErface

You're crazy if you think Sony is cool enough to provide reliable information like that. If they did, most of the players would leave until the release date since the game plays like utter crap.
  11. Kinigos

the problem is in the meantime ppl get bored,even if it gets optimized(how much optimizing can you really do at this point) in a few months the player base will have been reduced considerably.Lets face it how much of a slideshow can you really handle after a while.
  12. ArcaneGuardian

This is a game for high-end CPUs. I'm sorry, but it's true. They're working on it every day to make the experience better for those without high-end CPUs, but face it, any x4 in today's day and age is average to below average at best. Heck, my 1100T is barely above average.
  13. Freyar

It doesn't work that way in a free-to-play market. You've got to appeal to a broad audience (that's why the strategic layer of the game is so easily ignored and why people constantly complain about it not being there.) Performance MUST scale here.
  14. Jpump145

It's just the game. Look at my sig and then tell me why I get 29-40 FPS in big battles. The game is so poorly optimized, it's laughable.
  15. derpvonderp

Players like Jpump are why I'm not upgrading my CPU right now. There are a lot of people with OC'd Sandy/Ivy bridge CPUs that are still not getting very good performance. I'm not dumping $300-400 into a new board/cpu for 10-20 more FPS, even if it is on the low side. I have no problems with any other games, so I can't justify spending the money right now. I was planning to upgrade to Haswell next year which is at least 6 months away. I figure if the game doesn't run any better by then it's not worth my time anyway.
  16. jordo2k1

i have the 6970 and an i5 2500k at 3.3ghz but when i show the in game fps counter with alt+f it shows my [GPU] as the hardware slowing the game down??? is this right? and should it be like that as i thought my cpu would be the hold back on my system
  17. Virtual0Slayer

It alwasy says gpu at backwaters and low pop places...even warpgates.But as soon as you get in a battle especially the big ones its almost guaranteed that it will switch to cpu.Thats where most of the projectiles and people move thus most processing.

And yea i'm on board that the game is poorly optimised...basically it's a cpu guzzler eating any and all cpu power you throw at it.

As for 'only' for high end cpu-s....in a ftp game....dumb as **** decision. You don't even want to do that with a normal game but a ftp.....They rely on a large playerbase of which a precentage is gonna spend cash on it thus earning profit.

Average is called average because it's the middle spec, the most used spec, the one you should kinda be aiming at.
  18. Freyar

I'd agree with that notion 100% if CPU usage wasn't capped at 50% on mine.
  19. plat0nic

It's NOT your CPU so don't listen to this crap whatsoever.. It's the god damned client and anyone who is saying crap like this has their head up their ***. Go do us a favour and pull up the resource monitor and tell us how many of your cores are being used during peak gameplay.. What's your overall CPU usage at? Maybe 30%? What's your GPU usage at? Maybe 50-60%?

Saying it's your CPU is like giving a guy a Ferrari, locking it in first gear and then telling him it's his engine that's the problem.