Why does NC only get the interesting Anti-infantry weapons?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Village, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Village

No, you're just saying that because you have no idea how to use shotguns. NC gets the best AI weapons by far since all the MAX's are only good in close range. With the tactics you can use such as ambushing by jumping off second stories into groups, charging through a doorway into a group of suprised enemies, waiting around corners for enemies to close the distance for you the list goes on. I would kill for a Vanu shotgun on our MAX.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dimachaerus

Screw shotguns on it, give us Lasher arms. I mean, couldn't we just vanutape one to each forearm with a bit of string going to the trigger from the suit's hands?
    • Up x 2
  3. MGP

I got NC char. And Scat max is by far the best AI max in the game.
    Edit: And, yes, i know that NC mantra: "If you kill someone, it's either you're very skilled, or the enemy is a noob. If someone kills you, it's because of his OP weapons."
  4. Runkel

Make a youtube Video and show it to me, it won't work! The group of enemys will rip you apart before you can make serius damage.
  5. Runkel

Show it to me, PS2 got a function to make and upload YT Videos, show me how you do well with it.
  6. Dimachaerus

Seriously, the first few seconds of this video are all you need to watch. (Snagged this out of the hacksaw thread)
  7. Runkel

You can do this with any Max suite, catching solo players off guard is not that hard, but when they more far away you can't do **** with this shotguns.
  8. Dimachaerus

Wrong. It takes a lot longer to kill people with the other two empire's AI weapons. They also have nasty blind spots at close range where the guns will NOT hit the target, while the NC version simply goes blatblatblat and the guy you were aiming at, and the guy next to him, are both dead meat. That's the thing, you actually CAN catch people unaware and frag them before they turn around with that gun.

Honestly, if I could get my buddies to switch to NC I'd do it in a heartbeat I like the scatter's so much more than the Quasar and it's variants. Did you see when he was going for the guy standing next to the cap point in the trees? With my COSMOS (more accurate than BLUESHIFT, btw, the "most accurate" variant) I'd have to spray like mad just to get hits while the guy jumped around and poked holes in my armor.
  9. Plunkies

The scatter max has the same blind spot.
  10. Garmr

I never said anything about accuracy.

And yes, scat cannons should be king in CQC, that's what i'm telling you
  11. Garmr

The guns don't one shot kill, technically they two shot kill, but I use two at a time ;)
  12. Village

Yep, the NC shotguns are straight up overpowered compared to the choices of atleast what the Vanu has. Just trialed a second scattercannon on an NC max character i made just to test it. You can charge into a group of 6+ and take them ALL out within a matter of seconds, as the Vanu MAX with dual Quasar you need to look at each enemy for 2-3 seconds each just to kill them. Either give us an equivelant burst damage weapon, seriously buff the accuracy of our AI weapons, or nerf the NC weapons.
  13. Garmr

Lol no, you shouldn't win against a scatmax up close, just like i don't expect to win against a mercy max from medium range, the VS max might be a little mediocre compared to the other two, and might even need a buff, but at no point should it match a scatmax in CQC.

Personally I think they just need to get rid of the MAX charge, that's what seems overpowered in my opinion.
  14. Village

Why should NC have the only deadly MAX in CQC? CQC is the ONLY time a max is actually useful for anti-infantry. Mid range someone can take cover and kill a Vanu MAX with an LMG before you finish them off, or they could just take cover and run. NC has the only truly useful AI MAX, Vanu by far has the worst.

Although we do have the sexiest MAX.
  15. MGP

Ye, NC got upper hand in the CQ battles for bases and outposts, but if the NC and VS maxes meet in the middle of the desert, VS max will win! So, it's ballanced, right?... Right?
    • Up x 1
  16. Trysaeder

The VS max isn't as horrible as you may think. The dual AI cannons are decent, but they need to be accurised and realigned because you will hit NOTHING if they are not 5m<x<20m distance. Too close and you can just give up on shooting. Having said that, I've gone head to head against dual ai maxes from both factions and won most of them with the VS max. You just have to plan your engagements properly.

Have you ever seen a dual AI NC MAX in full composite armour with rocky tundra camo charging towards you? That's a sight that would scare away ANY infantry.
    • Up x 2
  17. Village

I prefer ours, its just a pity they arn't very dangerous, especially when you get close.

[IMG]
  18. Sebyos

Hahaha you'r so ignorant it hurts. Go try the NC Max before speaking.
  19. Goats

I love those high heels.
    • Up x 2
  20. Garmr

Because that's our strength, or supposed to be, seeing as we have the worst shotguns in the game with the exception of the hacksaws.

VS isn't the CQC faction, it's not what they were meant to do.