GameBooster is considered hacking?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DiscetoPT, Dec 9, 2012.

1. DiscetoPT

Hey there. I was playing yesterday on cobalt and I had recently donwloaded gamebooster and it was working I guess, since my fps had improved by 10-15. An hour into the game I get a system message saying that using thir party programs might get me banned and then another message saying that the admins were watching or something like that.

I didn't actually get if those messages were to everyone in the server at the time or only for me so I ask: is using gamebooster considered hacking?
    tks
  2. General Epeen

The system message went to everyone. Gamebooster is fine to use.
  3. LucKy232

As much as I know, GameBooster only closes programs and services that you don't need while playing.
    Those messages are shown to everyone.
  4. DiscetoPT

Yes but the razer gamebooster, the one I downloaded, actually launches the games you want to boost, so I click launch for the planetside game and it closes the things he wants to close and then launches the game. Not sure if launching the game through a third party program might be confused with hacking.
  5. talmaru

Those messages are server wide as part of a PR campaign against hacking
  6. zizeff

The game booster doesn't alter planetside in any way it just closes process on you comp to give you more processing power for the game.
  7. FullDread

Might i add, **** they are annoying.
  8. badname02

*slaps himself and you in the face*

Dude it says ''BROADCAST'' ''blablablablabla''. It's a general announcement. How do people get paranoid over this? It doesn't say ''If you don't turn off your HAXPROGRAMME NAO U WILL GETZ BANHAMMERZD!'' or anything =p

Relax man ;) They're only doing this to show they're at least doing SOMETHING at the moment about this issue.
  9. TeknoBug

I was surprised at how many people freaked out by that message, goes to show they feel like they were doing something to the game or PC to make them nervous about that message. Some people in my platoon and TS even said this. Don't worry, if hacking isn't in your interest, you shouldn't be concerned.
  10. DiscetoPT

I was obviously not hacking but it was the first time I was playing with gamebooster on and it was the first time I saw a message like the ones displayed so I kinda got confused. Tks for the answers
  11. Vodkabeast

I heard a VIP hack site was suppose to raid PS2 yesterday and that's why they're doing this.
  12. badname02

They're still doing it.