Bug or am I being hacked?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Imnuktam, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Imnuktam

This only started happening about 2 days ago, and has happened to me probably around 5-6 times total now.

I will have good fps 40+ and be running just fine but all of a sudden (always right when a fight starts) something happens and I go into slow motion to where I can barely move. It has happened a number of different ways, and all on foot, and all right when getting into a fight.

Tonight I was too far away from two tr and hit my charge and after about 5 feet its slows down to the point I am barely moving at all with my hand still raised in the air trying to charge. Its pretty much a guaranteed death everytime. Everyone else around me (enemies at least) are all moving and firing normally.

This happening to anyone else?
  2. wwwyzzerrdd

pretty sure this is whats called a memory leak, its happened once to me in a total of like 50 hours playing, during a huge battle. dont know why exactly it happens though.

it also happens on occasion when im playing huge civilization 5 maps. the game is still running but all the graphics start breaking down and melting
  3. Imnuktam

What can be done about it?

I have 12 gig of 1600mgz memory and my vid card is 680gtx ftw+ so my system should be more than enough to run the game. Its also weird that it is just me stuck in my own little temporal flux and all enemies move / are drawn just fine.
  4. Maderas

You probably got hit by a concussion grenade. It lowers your mouse sensitivity and running speed for a few seconds. There's no obvious graphic when they blow up in large battles so it can be confusing when it happens.

Unless by 'slow motion' you mean your FPS is dropping, but I've never heard of a hack that makes specific players slow down. A memory leak wouldn't cause what you're describing, it would just make the game bog down or crash entirely.
  5. Imnuktam

That could be possible, though I am not seeing a grenade coming in or like you said going off. Cant remember if they have all been large battles but I do know it is always just me that is slowed in my movement. I have seen conc grenages go off when friendlies throw them in spawn and have notice an ear ringing sound that is never present when this happens. Fps stay high, battle flows smoothly only I will just barely be able to move. Dont ever notice mouse sensitivity being lower will have to check next time it happens. If it is conc grenades they need to rework those a little, I have a good cpu and should be seeing them at least get thrown and land.
  6. Talizzar

I had the game slow down last night to a crawl and then just lock up. Rebooting seemed to fix it.