High ping players need to be kicked off the servers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HydroBIG BANG, Dec 2, 2012.

1. QuantumGuard

...and? Did you even read my post??? I get lower ping on US most of the time. I live in EU and I get higher ping on EU servers than on US. It's like you are not even reading what people write.
  2. CaptainRobust

This is why they wanted to restrict regions in the first place. However, the community lashed out at the idea, saying it was unfair.
  3. chilly154

I suggest everyone have a guy come to your house jeck your modem and wires, and cables. Jeck if the cable are in good condiction.
  4. m44v

Are you financing the current servers?
  5. JoCool

I agree. Bad connection = you're out. At least for an hour. Sort out your **** or play something else.
  6. Shylan

Is there any definitive list of server locations? Not just 'these servers are on the US West Coast' or whatever, but info on which city they're physically in?
  7. HydroBIG BANG

apparently it seems to actually be caused by packet loss,but still if you have bad packet loss then you should get kicked off the server until it clears up.
  8. HydroBIG BANG

Ive since learned that the warping is mostly caused by packet loss but the same general rule should still apply,if you have bad packet loss then you need to be kicked off the server until it clears up because the only thing a laggy player can do is ruin the fun for everyone else.
  9. Tamas

160 should be the limit.

Because they are ruining the experience for everyone else.
  10. Scrambles1

What if it is a guy from China named Ping and he has been smoking weed?
  11. T0urist

And then when that happens these people come straight to the forums to complain because it can't be their connection and SOE needs to sort out their netcode right?

Some people are slower some people faster. They want a large player base for more financial gain as well. The game isn't created just for an exclusive 30% of the community. Maybe we should also boot anyone that can't run the game at graphics level x and running @ x frames etc.
  12. JoCool

Keep the polemic to yourself, it is crystal clear to anyone here that there shall be an appropriate tolerance for average connections.