Put an end to Biolab farming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thades, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Imnuktam

This isnt about farming, its about fighting in the only place you can fight on foot w/o vehicle spam controlling the entire battle. That is the reason the attackers never push out, if they do and they kill your sunderer then they have no where left to fight that isnt spammed with vehicles.

Last night was a good example. I played my nc on Connery and we kept a bio lab fight going for about 2hrs. We knew where their sunderers were and what everyone kept yelling in chat was "DONT destroy those sunderers!" the whole reason is we dont want the fight to end because the ONLY place in this game you get good soldier battles is in a bio lab, thus people who are burned out on being in a vehicle all day every day and fighting vehicles all day every day will keep these battles going as long as possible.

If you arent one of those people just dont bother with bio labs. You can make 5x the exp off farming undefended bases if that is all you are after.
  2. Bags

Welcome to planetside.
  3. Babaganoush

I find it hilarious that a Vanu posts about Bio Lab farming as compared to Tech Plants, which is way worse.

If their Magriders could fly, I bet they wouldnt complain one bit.
  4. Thades

Hey kids, I play LA pretty much exclusively with a 3.5 lifetime KDR. I know you love making huge generalizations as if your own team doesn't have vehicles, but you're hilariously wrong.
  5. notyourbuddy

"SOE my team is being badly outplayed and outnumbered, but is too stupid to retreat. Please fix."
  6. Thades

Standing in front of doors, so outplayed. Did you meet with the joint chiefs of staff to come up with this masterful strategy? You people have an awfully hard time saying anything useful or even staying on topic.
  7. Lokarin

Bio Lab as it is right now is probably the best gameplay in the game (aside from 3-way Crown).

The trick is to know where all the tricks are, such as the teleports, the generators, and good places to park Sunderers.
  8. Rivenshield

Yes. Those are the only two points that offer PS1-style knock-down drag-out base defense. Because they're defensible. Imagine that.
  9. MasterD

I like the Bio-Labs of all the bases its the only one I don't have to worry about getting farmed by vehicles or aircraft. Since fighting other infantry takes a little skill. I don't see the problem if you feel like you're getting farmed do something else? There are 5 entrances into a biolab. I also do get annoyed by people being scared to rush out of the shield rooms but then I just go oh well and play engineer and start healing maxes and handing out ammo packages.

I honestly wish there were more indoor environments and fights like the previous Planetside. I think its absurd that tanks can drive into where the main capture point is in the Amp Station! If you really want to talk about getting farmed how about how all the spawn rooms at all the other bases are located outdoors. Would these so called base designers really of put their spawn rooms out door so tanks and bombers can bomb their exits?

Capturing a base should be a challenge for the attackers. Walls should be an obstacle. After they get into the court yards they should have to get out of their vehicles and enter the base to capture it but as it is now they don't have to because spawn rooms are outdoors leading to more farming.

I miss indoor fighting. Don't get me wrong I love tanks and stuff but its pretty insane the amount of kills they can get just because the spawn rooms are outside.
    • Up x 1
  10. Thades

I agree, and I love fighting in the Biolab. Since I'm LA it's like a huge playground. I don't want to change that at all. I want a fluent system that encourages the defending team to take out the surrounding outposts if they have fended off the fight inside the dome, instead of camping an outnumbered/outfought team under pretty unfair circumstances.
  11. Chiss

There is nothing wrong with Biolabs. The problem lies with players.

Usually there will be 5-10 defending each entrance. More often than not, i see anywhere from 20-50 people trying to get in each entrance. The problem is that these people are too passive. They care about their KD too much or something. If all of the attackers stormed in together, they would instantly wipe out the defenders, and take the base.

Do not blame the base for the attackers being uncoordinated, stupid and selfish.

All i ever do at biolabs is charge in, and hope to god some people follow me. Even with 5-10 defenders, i usually get in inside and get a few kills. Meanwhile my allies sit outside, getting bombed by liberators.

It was horrible earlier today, so i just spammed YELL for a while, urging people to charge in with me. Surprisingly they did, and we took the base without any trouble.

People are too scared to take a bullet for the team, its bad.
  12. gunshooter

Put an end to every actual fight then why don't you? As things are now the entire game is just capping undefended bases, with maybe 1 or 2 actual fights a day at a Tech plant or bio lab (both of which are HORRIBLY designed bases, but at least it's a fight)

Redesign the map so that every faction just has a straight line of hexes that the other factions can't get to. When they capture all of the bases in this line they "win" and it resets. No fighting allowed.
  13. Rivenshield

I'm having trouble visualizing what you're saying... but I hate the whole ghost-zerging thing too, so my sympathies are with you. You mean like a *partial* lattice system linking several bases together, and there might be several such base-clusters per continent?
  14. notyourbuddy

You said it yourself. The attackers are outnumbered. If you can't get out of the doors or onto a pad then you have been overrun. You lost. If your team is too dumb to retreat then that is their fault. This happens all the time on defense when the attackers overrun the joint with tons of infantry, tanks, and aircraft. Some dummy on defense will sit there for 10 minutes and let himself be spawn camped then come running to the forums screaming, "THE GAME IS BROKEN THE GAME IS BROKEN"

The problem is SOE has made attacking so hilariously easy that players feel they are entitled to victory whenever they attack a base. Then when they are finally faced with defeat they are too stupid to realize it. Game isn't broken; your ******3d team is.
  15. Thades

Never said the game was broken. I said that the aspect of camping/farming a defeated team while ignoring the overall objective is detrimental to the experience. When someone is spawn camped on defense, they can leave, as I said. When you're spawn camping on offense, it's to be expected because you've already secured the base and you're waiting for the capture. They're not ignoring the objective, they're waiting on it. The Biolab is not the same.

I will agree with many of you though, that the problem is partly with the team.
  16. Tuco

My favorite part of the biolab battle is when I'm defending in the spawn room and the attackers blow up the spawn control thing. Then it's me, and 40 grenades, vs 40 enemies who like to stand real close to the doors.
  17. WUNDER8AR

if people would actually know for one:
    how to get into the biolab
    and second:
    what to actually do when inside the biolab
    then there would be a lot less biolab farming to start with.

instead people are wasting their time by trying to jet pack onto the landing pads or desperately running around to find a hidden entrance. hence most people keep on taking the routes that they already know or most likely, the routes that others use, thus contributing to the meatgrinder buttsex festivals at the most clustered points by accident.

then when you've finally managed to get into the biolab, you gotta ask yourself: what the heck am I supposed to do now? capping points apparently. but that there's actually generators that are waiting to be destroyed is yet another thing the game refuses to tell. let alone how to actually destroy the generators.

I know all of this since i had to grind through this journey of inexperience myself...until I decided to inform myself on Youtube, which is utterly pathetic tbh since youtube is a thierd party site, that has hardly anything to do with the game itself.

since I've figured out how to properly attack biolabs there was plenty of times i tried to cap a barely defended biolab with a handful of allies. I had to do everything by myself, except killing the few guys that decided to spawn to defend, since noone in my team actually knew what to do except killing the bad guys, which they actually did. it was all good until I died. respawned just to come back and see that the enemy repaired/ recapped everything. fun thing is, there was no more enemies left since my mates were busy at killing them all. but instead of recapping/ destroying the objectives everyone was just standing around. so starting all over again. rinse and repeat and at the same time more and more enemies spawned, until it became impossible to cap the biolab since I was the only one trying to destroy the gens and hold the objectives.

PS2 simply does a piss poor job at explaining itself, which often enough results in unneccessary deaths or even a loss for your entire team. Noone knows about basic game mechanics unless you inform yourself on thierd party sites or search through the forums. coordinated attacks which are the essence of avoiding meatgrinder battles at bottlenecks that last sometimes even for hours are impossible to avoid if you refuse to tell people how to properly play the game.
  18. Freyar

It's apparently flying right over your head because those outposts DO get taken over after the Biolab is secured. After all, if they weren't, the Biolab remains at risk of a major counter attack. People aren't pushing down to the outposts until it's entirely secured because it's hard to ensure the Security Consoles stay proper while you're down on the ground instead of inside the dome.

1) Secure Security Consoles
    2) Destroy SCU Gen (if applicable)
    3) Destroy SCU (if applicable)
    4) Keep reinforcements from entering the Biolab
    5) Flip or resecure the Biolab
    6) Push to outposts.
  19. MarlboroMan-E

Didn't read any of the thread. If there's more defenders than attackers, then that means there are lots and lots of dudes on your empire free to attack elsewhere. Take some territory, let the farmers rot. No problem here.
  20. notyourbuddy

If they are camping/farming a defeated team then that team isn't really defeated is it? They are still attacking. You said a defender being spawn camped can simply leave... well so can attackers. They lost. Time to wise up and give up. Send a "well played defense" in the yell chat and move on.

And the defenders aren't ignoring the overall objective. The overall objective on Biolab isn't capturing security stations. The overall objective is defending the generators and the 3 control points. Sounds like the defense was doing just that and doing it exceptionally well. I see no reason for the defense to intentionally weaken their interior defense just to go cap a security station on the outskirts of the base that isn't causing them any trouble simply to relieve the attacking force of their own stubborn r3tardness.