The Silent Majority = This Game Is Fantastic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZaineUK, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Rolfski

Well that's the challenge for SOE of course with this F2P model. To keep the smedbucks rolling and earn their development costs back, they have to constantly improve the game to keep us interested. This is not some traditional COD-like model where you cash-in in the first weeks after release and then move on to the next game.
    • Up x 1
  2. Aktarus

and you're still posting useless everything is fine fanboy threads 2 weeks after a release ?

you was supposed to learn and evolve during this time lapse dude.
  3. Telebot

That same "silent majority" will be gone in about a month and a half to the next new shiny thing, so their opinion isn't something you should rely on.

Ohh and please tell us what psychic ability you used to read their mind?

Just because they are silent does not mean you get to speak for them!
  4. Bags

I still don't see why you guys think the silent majority will jump ship.

Sure some will, but what does not using the forum have to do with jumping ship?

Also, I love the irony of you speaking for them.
  5. Babaganoush

One should never take the official forums as a measure of how the game's popularity is.

Reading the official forums is like reading YT comments. I'm in a 200-300+ outfit and less than a dozen actually post on the forums.
  6. TurboSax

Agreed, while the game does have some problems that need fixing, overall it's a blast, and for $0 no less.
  7. Badname2059

This phenomena is not exclusive to the shooter genre.
  8. TurboSax

Reminds of Minecraft's forum community during the Beta when new players swarmed in. So terrible that I think it gave me very mild PTSD.
  9. Telebot

Am I missing something? When did I speak FOR them?

I said what is pure and observable FACT, the silent majority of casuals NEVER stick around for long, that's how the phrase "flavor of the month" came about, people find a new game, play for a month and then go to a new one, stop denying reality, you sound like Karl Rove on FOX when Ohio was called for Obama(lol sorry, no need to get political, just making an example)
  10. Kuddles McKitten

It's the only game out in the last 5 years that is worth $60 and yet it's free.
  11. Pashgan

Playing for a month and the game is still fun. And I didn't even like FPS games - last game I've tried was CounterStrike when it was freshly released (10 years ago?).

Thanks for the game, SOE!

P.S. Add 3rd person view for infantry, please =)
  12. 13lackCats

Then why are you here?

Seriously- you hate the game, so you clearly don't play it. If the only thing left for you to do is spew negativity...well, if I did it, I would inspect my motives for harassing those good people.
  13. jiggu

It kinda goes without saying, but it's not always you remember it.

When you're happy with a game you continue playing it, when you're unhappy about it you complain, so you can look at an amount of happy players as all the players that are actively playing the game, minus the people that whine about stuff, and minus a safe buffer, not everyone can be happy after all. But in general most people are happy with the game. I love it, I think the balance is great, we'll see after the AA-changes.
  14. Khurt

at least it is not the same MMORPG WoW-style or the camper park CoD-style or the same RTS with 2 units Starcraft style (more will be too difficult to manage for paying noobs).

actually, I didn't know any other game FPS open world.

I really like the game, I'm proudly supporting PSG with some purchase and I hope I will enjoy this game as longer as I can. And if in 6 month I will be finding another game... beh, I still can say I had some GREAT time on this game.
    • Up x 1
  15. Zerlu

I don't like the crown. Trying to take it is rough, and holding it isn't very fun either.
  16. Drakortha

Actually I'm quite enjoying the game and I play nearly every day and have fun. The difference however is that I am aware of the games faults and I know that the game isn't going to pass the test of time. It's fun as a shooter, but that is it's inherent problem; It's just a shooter nothing more. What reason do I have to stick around when a new FPS comes out with better gunplay?

If the game had more to offer then it would garner a fanbase that was into those set of features and gameplay. You can't keep players if you don't do something the competition hasn't done. As someone said above, SOE has just made another flavor of the month FPS.
  17. ANTiKES

the game is fun 4 sure but believe me once you've seen all the hidden parts of the maps which you normal cannot reach, once you've unlocked all your dandy toys, once you've dominated all 3 maps you start to find the game a bit dull...

I personally eagerly wait 4 the conquest system which higby mentioned in one of his posts as sson as we have enough maps! I totally loved games like pirates of the burning sea where you were actually taking areas controlled by a certain faction away from them!! It really gave meaning and made me feeling extremely involved... Cant wait to fight 4 every inch of map 4 realz!! haha :)
  18. therah

19. George_C_Scott

The game is great. Can't wait for meaningful meta game, and hopefully some more character progression stuff.
  20. LOLdragon

I'd be cautious to imply that your own thoughts are what the majority of other players feel just because they're "silent" on it. That's a step towards ignorance.

That said, I can indeed testify that I'm one of the players who absolutely loves this game. It's Free to Play, it's larger than any other shooter I've ever played, it really encourages teamwork unlike anything else available today, and it's not plagued by lag and billions of bugs and balance issues nearly to the degree that a lot of other great games are.

Sure, the game has its rough edges the same way every game does. But I still believe this game succeeds on so many more levels than it fails, it's still a fantastic game. In fact, I'd say PlanetSide 2 is not only one of the best games of the year or the last five years, but will be remembered as a milestone in online shooters, the same way that Halo was a milestone for shooters on the console, and the same way Call of Duty 4 influenced dosens of games after it.

I want PlanetSide 2's large-scale MMOFPS gameplay to spread through the industry. For too long we've held back great ideas with pre-conceived notions about things like matchmaking and an obsession with K/D ratios and scores at the end of rounds.

I love PlanetSide 2, and I'm so happy I have a computer that runs it!