Continual Game Crashes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TheRealBatman, Dec 8, 2012.

1. TheRealBatman

Hey

Over the last couple of days of playing Planetside 2, my game has begun to crash approximately every hour and a half. I can't recall if it is since a specific update, but I don't remember the game crashing at the beginning, after game release. And I definitely didn't have as many crashes in Beta, if at all.

I thought this may be because I didn't install through Steam, I installed through the 'Launch Pad'. So I have just re-installed through Steam. Which has only resulted in the game crashing within the first half an hour of load up.

Does anybody else have this problem, or know of any possible solution? PC config in sig.
  2. Crazedmonk86

Try using MSI afterburner's overlay to see if the game crashes when your GPU hits 70c, I am having that issue on a GTX 670 and it only started a couple hotfixes ago.

Just curious to see if im the only one with that issue or not
  3. General Epeen

My GTX 680 seemed to be doing the same thing. Increased the Power target in EVGA Precision X and the VCORE (6 series is capped anyway so it would be pretty hard to break it) which seemed to fix the issue last night. The crashes seemed to occur most when boost clock maxed out, cant say I was watching the temps but normal is in the 60's in game.
  4. Dr. Nick Riviera

Same for me. My game is crashing at least every half an hour.. Installed through Steam.
  5. Shikamiji

Same here, began after the double exp patch.
  6. xDefianTx

Mines been crashing everytime I exit since beta
    Hasn't really crashed during gameplay in beta
    At Launch crashes 5-10x a day and while exiting
    Since patch 2 days ago I've been crashing non stop, usually when I die and it has to open map, or screen when you press 'esc, and its crashing with app crash, and runtime errors now very very often, maybe 5x in 20 mins.

I've tried using default useroptions and the other 5-6 files they tell you to delete and replace. No improvement
    I've reinstalled completely through steam - no improvement
    I've reinstalled completely without steam just basic launchpad - no improvement
    I've reinstalled drivers, unplugged all extra usb items, deleted my Logitech Gaming Software
    I've also submitted tickets with no responses as well.

Have the game installing on my wifes computer next to me, which is almost the same cpu, and her game NEVER crashed once yet.

--Just tried to see if the 70c mark was happening for me, and I don't even get to 60 in full battles, and still crashing.
  7. Crazedmonk86

If I dont run at least 85% fan speed it hits 70c then crashes for me. changing the +mv and power max didnt help me any. As long as I keep it under 70c its fine but the fans are god awful loud at such a high rpm.
  8. General Epeen

70 degrees is the exact temperature that the 6 series will throttle. It cannot be a coincidence that the game crashes at the exact time that the card throttles. Only other option in the meantime would be a manual fan profile set to 85% fan at say 67 degrees.
  9. Believer

I guess everyone is sick of posting to these threads at this point. Without any useful information about your system, I'll toss out a few standards...

If you have Vista/7/8 x86 OS with 4GB of ram, try limiting the amount of ram the os will hoard with "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072", if using XP you would do the same by adding the /3GB switch in your boot.ini, search google or this forum. Also try Black Viper's windows services tweak guide to disable useless services, again, making more ram available. Others also have increasing the size of page file.

If memory is not your issue as it is with MANY who have problems, try changing your various drivers, failing that, revert to windows xp.

If you are using realtek onboard audio, go to realtek site and get the 2.70 driver (latest). This specifically was also several peoples issue.
  10. Crazedmonk86

Indeed and ive tested Black ops 2 with fan speed real low and it does not crash even at 85c, tested Metro 2033 max gfx doesnt crash.. it is something with planetside 2... what it is I dont know but I sure hope they fix it or im going to have to get a waterblock.

Fan noise irritates me! :p