Sticky Grenade Tactics?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by GodMachine, Dec 7, 2012.

1. GodMachine

So I was told to purchase sticky grenades because they are so awesome. What's so amazing about them? What are some good tactics for their use?
  2. JudgeDreddy

I'm curious as well cause I'm deciding, do they do good damage vs vehicles? nades kill infantry fine already, but if they do a bit of damage to tanks and **** I'd be a very happy camper
  3. DeadlyShoe

Pretty sure they are just anti infantry. But if you hit an enemy with them it stays on him. Hopefully he runs into a group of friends. :p
  4. Ryekir

Did they change that? When I played around with them in beta, they would go right through player models when I threw them and would only stick to hard surfaces (walls, crates, tanks, etc). If they actually stick to infantry, then I might actually pick them up.
  5. Harry Beavers

I wasn't that impressed with sticky grenades to be honest. There are a few rare situations where you may want them to stick to a surface like the shields at a base but it's a waste hoping someone steps out to get hit.

The ability to bounce them off a wall around a corner is WAY more useful imo.
  6. FrothyMug

I wonder if they'll stick to infantry shields, such as spawn rooms. I know you can kill people inside the spawn room with a pack of C-4, but I wonder if sticky grenades will have the same effect.
  7. Udnknome

Sticky nades have the same effect.

They are also useful for using tank mines like C4 against infantry.

Although, unlike what was originally promised with sticky nades, they don't stick to enemy infantry or maxes, only walls and tanks
  8. DeadlyShoe

Okay I only tried sticky grenades for 10 minutes. I swore it stuck to someone but I guess i was wrong. Sorry for the misinfo.
  9. Slouis

I typically use them like a timed C4 when approaching a room with 3-5 people in it, ill shoot and usually kill 1 guy through the door, the others will give chase as i plant the grenade just around the corner, or on the side of a stairwell...will get a kill on another guy that didnt see it stuck to the wall (2 more if im lucky) and then double back around as the others will follow suit and get lured into my sights.

Generally works well at the Satellite cap points for main bases with the double stairwells.

If im really crafty i set up a mana turret in my escape room first for a bit of cover when the second wave comes after me

Also i find the fact that it doesnt have that "tink tink" bouncing/rolling sound really helps people not notice it at their feet
  10. Darkian

Sticky grenades are more reliable then normal nades since they will stick to the ground where you throw them, meaning they won't bounce away from your enemy and back into your allies.

Secondly, you can throw them at the door to a spawn room and anyone within normal kill range of a nade inside the spawn room will die.
  11. Goats

I have a question about them. Do they still cost more resources than the normal grenades, like they did during the beta? If so, how many more?
  12. BuzWeaverPS2

So C4 is Plant and Actuate with a trigger and Sticky Grenades are Plant/Stick proximity activated?
  13. Goats

No, stick grenades explode after a timer of several seconds. They also don't do damage to vehicles, I think.
  14. Oriius

Yup they cost 75 each, which sadly I find limits my use of them.

They are a side grade, there are times I want the bounce, so I think it's hard to justify their current cost.
  15. Wibin

I've been tempted to buy them because sometimes grenades bounce funny and I miss all 15 people standing around.
    So annoying. Be easier to toss it to the location I want and run instead of it bouncing past everyone even though i threw it at my feet and it still bounced 100 yards away.
  16. Wibin

also great if you come up on a sundy, throw it on the console and everyone spawning will get jacked.