Hiking boots for infiltrator

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Good_Kitty, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Good_Kitty

Continents like indar which are really mountainous are really hard for infiltrators. The one thing that makes esamir great for infantry combat is that its HILLY and an infiltrator can pretty much run around wherever they want and have plenty of cover and odd spots to shoot from.

I wish infiltrators could get some kind of ability to be able to scale mountains (not the steepest of mountains).

Fights in indar like the crown are almost impossible as infiltrator because since the jump nerf in beta there is only 2 ways into the crown if you are forced to walk where as in beta you could scale the mountain by the spawn point on foot.
    • Up x 2
  2. Exostrike

Yeah moving around the mountains is a real pain.

It really annoying since I've found a good infiltration route on Indar from TR to NC territory. There as path though the mountain line on the east side just by the map egde. Its only passable on foot or on the bike. But it gets you behind enemy lines and if you stick to the sides of the map you can get all the way to the enemy warp gate.
  3. Fishie

Something like this would be very nice. Just a little bit more mobility all around would be nice, but I guess mobility is the Light Assault's area, sadly. It would be nifty to be able to enter buildings and other enclosed areas through more unconventional entrances, rather than just using the obviously expected door. Like, with a grappling hook or something.
  4. MadcowwithSwineFlu

What annoys me is not being able to climb a hill a prowler tank is rolling up.
    • Up x 1
  5. BigMcLargeHuge

6. ST4LK3R

THIS!
  7. m44v

get the turbo upgrade for the flash, I heard you can climb anything with that.
  8. Kalocin

I'd love to replace the recon tool for hiking or hover boots that let you scale any type of slope (that way the LA can still get to places Infs can't but we can get into the nooks and crannies we so love)
  9. Flaeb

That, AND give us increase movement speed since you know....we're wearing NO ARMOR and its TIGHTS. A heavy assault wearing armor shouldn't run the same speed as me. So many times I'm chasing someone down with my pistol but I run at the same speed as me so I have to cut corners and crap.

But yes, add those hiking boots, we're supposed to be agile and nimble. We're already squishy.
  10. SGTTEMPEST

The worst is having a path that looks like it should be no problem and you get to the top and there is one tiny section that is slightly steeper than the rest and you have to walk all the way back down and go around. Just bad design on the part of SoE.
    • Up x 1
  11. CyborgWalrus

I would love to be able to climb up walls Spiderman style
  12. Nyth_

Exactly.

Everytime I'm just flabbergasted by the amount of imbalance between supposedly light/mobile classes and the heavy classes. We got all the disadvantages you'd expect, but none of the advantages (that other games do seem to come with).
  13. Chancellor Gowron

Part of me wants to tell you guys to try light assault, but then I'd have less infiltrators to sneak up on.
  14. Fishie

Light Assault really is an amazing infiltrator/assassin type class. It does pretty much everything I want out of infiltrator. EXCEPT THE COOL SUIT. :(

Honestly, it baffles me how many "agility"-type abilities Light Assault gets, while Infiltrator gets absolutely none, despite having the whole agile look down to a T.

As posters mentioned above, Infiltrator seriously needs some agility buffs, or a reliable close-range cloak. Unless you're play infiltrators as snipers right now, you're pretty much playing a severely nerfed Light Assault.

Well, that's my personal feeling at least. Could be that I just don't have what it takes to play an Infiltrator, too.
  15. BigMcLargeHuge

Heh you're right about that. For the little I've done light you can do some real amazing flanking and get into some truly wicked perch positions.

I still think it could be interesting though to trade out my claymores for some expendable grappling hooks, or shoes or whatever. Feels like it'd be an even trade and add some flair. Assuming we aren't making it too easy to mitigate terrain advantages for defenders. Might have to make the cost steep, an expendable for sure.
  16. Trenchfox1916

I am working on upgrading a flash with an afterburner and a maxed out surger chasis just so I can powerscale them cliffs. O yeah worth it.