Graphics settings

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by pilg0r, Dec 8, 2012.

1. pilg0r

Which settings are CPU dependent, GPU dependent. and Ram dependent?
  2. Prinsn

I'm gonna say a majority of them are GPU dependent. I have an E5500, 6 GB of RAM and a Radeon 6850 and I have no performance change from the lowest possible settings to the highest possible settings.

I'm constantly CPU limited, 9 framerate in big battles, 30ish at best.
  3. Darkfire255

shadows and audio voice channels are quite CPU intensive, you can turn shadows off in the useroptions file in the game directory by changing it to 0

ShadowQuality=0

That might help a little
  4. pilg0r

My system is bottle necked by CPU. So far I have turned shadows off, lowered render distance and lowered max voices down.

My Specs

CPU- Intel Core i5-760 Stock Clock (2.8GHz) http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115067
    I would over clock, but do not to run the risk of killing my CPU cause I'd have no way to get a replacement. Being a poor college student sucks.

GPU- 2x EVGA GTX 460 SC http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130568

Ram- G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1333MHz http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311

Any suggestions for Maximum FPS without looking like Minecraft??
  5. UltraSexInferno

textures is RAM dependent, if you hover over the options in graphics settings it tells you what they rely on iirc
  6. UltraSexInferno

do not worry about killing your cpu whilst overclocking it, just read into it first, as long as your mobo is not a pos it is very easy to do
  7. ShiroSan

Graveyard post I know...
    Anyways you really should give O.C. a try if you got the same setup (and especially if your on a stock cooler that came with the processor) just invest in a Hyper 212 Plus cooler (costs $30 bucks typically). It appears some people have hit 4ghz using the 212 (But since your new I'd recommend a goal of 3.8ghz [3.6ghz if your really paranoid still] since that 4ghz could have had a good case with good airflow etc... also there is some free 3rd party software online for checking cpu temps) with O.C. but first you want to check the temps after switching from the previous cooler to make sure it got placed on properly. Otherwise O.C. is pointless if it turns out you need to re-install the cooler (clean off paste and re apply. This might happen on the 212 since it's a little trickier to mount than some other coolers but it works great when placed on right/smoothly). Also make sure you know how to apply thermal paste properly (you either do a line or a dot method. Look up pics/videos online and ignore the idiots who do the smear technique etc... It get's very bad temps due to air bubbles when done that way.)

Some people might suggest closed loop water cooling. I tried that but my pump died after a year 'n a half so personally I prefer air cooled and that hyper 212+ is a solid air cooler with lots of O.C. community approval without going into liquid cooling. I loved my closed-loop liquid cooling when it worked since it gave me even better O.C. but having a pump die like that has changed my mind about going back to liquid anytime soon.