Best Setup for NS-11A

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by iGamer1990, Dec 1, 2012.

1. iGamer1990

love the gun just looking for the best setup for it possible any ideas from my fellow medics??
  2. SledgehammerHK

I like it with a compensator, foregrip, 2x reflex, and hollow points.
  3. Ack0n

You get multiple loadouts.

I have Compensator, Foregrip, 1x Reflex, Hollow for Loadout 1. Loadout 2 is 2x Reflex.

I also have loadout 3, which you get for BR15 (i believe it was). Thinking of putting that with either the silencer or flash supressor.. not sure yet..
  4. iGamer1990

5. Caek

Personally, due to my belief that running optics increases the time to ADS, I run my NS-11 with AP ammo, a foregrip and a compensater. Makes an excellent DMR rifle while being pretty capable up close. I find that its iron sights are quite good as they dont block a lot of the view area compared to a lot of the iron sights on TR weapons. Would be nice to see some damage vs range numbers on AP ammo though.
  6. Sprintfox

Sorry to ask you this way, but what is "AP Ammo" and how could it be set?
  7. Joust

Soft point (armor piercing = AP) vs. High velocity.

Soft *apparently* (I have seen no numbers to support this) does more damage in mid and close quarter ranges, but has a very apparent bullet drop so it's impractical for anything past 30 yards. High velocity allows for better long range sniping but has no advantages at closer ranges.

I use 2x Reflex, Suppressor (silences, reduces muzzle flash at night and prevents you from showing up on radar), Foregrip & Soft point ammo.

I can still maintain a tight bullet spray around 30m, but trying to snipe anything further is just a waste of time. I see no reason why a medic would want to snipe when your weapon should be used more defensively at close quarters, so I've rigged mine that way. Very lethal at close range; with my C4 I'm soloing MAXes now :)
  8. iGamer1990

thank u i been using high but i think soft would be better because most of the time im in close combat back to the battlefield gotta gain them certs!
  9. VKhaun

4x scope, red dot, and softpoint.

The red dot and softpoint let me hip fire it at medium-short and the 4x lets me burst at medium to medium-long. It does not have enough recoil to ever justify a foregrip or compensator IMO unless you're one of those guys who think sending out thirty five rounds full auto with no recoil is a good idea because they don't know what a cone of fire system is.
  10. rivaLxfactor

NS 11 is an amazing medium range and close range killer... I roll with 1x reflex and grip... depending on what the fight is I use both types of ammo...
  11. maxkeiser

Love this gun - everything stock except 2x reflex.

It's a great gun for longer range as well.
  12. ScorpDK

Currently running this with IFRNV scope to go hunt for Infiltrators. it's very accurate and effective at putting down a few bullets into an enemy Inf's head as he believes he's invisible.
    Need more certs to put more attachments on it.
  13. maxkeiser

You don't need the attachments. I use stock and it's wicked.
  14. Rowsd0w3r

First off, I have 3 different scopes for this gun. 4x plain xhair, reflex, and IRNV. I like to be able to switch between mid/close range combat and night ops. As far as barrel and rail attachments, I use the compensator and the foregrip. Due to the high ROF, I like to be able to take advantage of that by getting as many rounds down range as quickly as possible, and those two attachments really allow me to increase my bursts at medium range to 5-6 rounds as opposed to 3-4. I can even go full auto at 40 yards and be able to get almost all my rounds on target. It's really incredible how much full auto control you get with these attachments. Considering this weapons base stats, it was really a no brainer for me.
  15. Rowsd0w3r

And as far as the soft point ammo, from what I can tell, the damage increase with these bullets is quite limited to a very specific range, whereas you go inside or outside of that range and you lose dmg. I'm reluctant to invest in 100 certs for this. I chose this weapon not for its stopping power, but more for its accuracy, ROF and magazine size.
  16. iGamer1990

ty all for the feedback glad seeing other fellow combat medics loving this gun as much as i do
  17. Tetryon

1) 1x Reflex, Suppressor, Foregrip for close

2) High Velocity Ammo, Compensator, Ir scope, Foregrip for long range.

Use your 1x Reflex in the daytime, Ir at night. Wrecks everything you see and is a blast to use. I prefer the Hv-45 for basee assaults, and the NS-11 for outdoor combat but it's a beast both ways.
    • Up x 1
  18. viciousmidget

What the first two guys said I do as well also I unlocked high vel ammo for long shots same setup though thinking of unlocking lazer to replace forgrip
  19. McFatal

I typically use High Velocity, because soft point seems misleading. You definitely get higher damage at close range, but the damage falloff is much more noticeable with the slower bullet velocity of soft point, so at mid range, I think you're doing around the same damage, and most likely it still takes the same amount of bullets to kill at mid range.

High Velocity rounds decrease the damage falloff, so you retain more damage at longer ranges and of course, the bullets travel faster. At close range, nothing is different, you still kill, but at medium range it's so much easier to stay on target because you don't have to lead as much, and I feel it makes a huge different. With the slow speed of soft point, it is more difficult to lead mid-range targets, while high velocity if you can manage the extra recoil(Compensator smooths it out) then it's much easier to keep sustained damage on mid-range targets and I believe you get more damage output this way.
  20. VKhaun

35 round clip + stats sacrificed to get higher reload speed = a very wonky weapon. It's hard to nail down a place it shines, so to me that begs for using it as a hybrid and to try and do everything. Since the reoil on it is a joke I take full advantage of not needing a compensator or grip and just go laser sight, 3.4x holo, and use it both long and short range.

I bought soft point but I don't load it unless we're going indoors. Intend to buy high velocity, but also not load it unless I have a sprawling infantry battle or I'm sniper hunting.