Frame rate drop in the last few days

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Purple, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Purple

Up intill recently the game has been running smoothly in all battles for me. now in medium to large battles i get 20-30 fps but with a drop to 1 fps every few seconds making it impossible to play. i am running in administrator. the game has run smoothly for me since the second month of beta.

i7-2635QM CPU @ 2.00 GHz
    Ram- 4GB
    AMD Radeon HD 6490M
  2. DiscetoPT

Yap, having the same problem. The spawn screen is so slow and then 20 minutes into the game and it goes like 2 frames per 5 seconds lol
  3. Purple

it doesent take 20 min to kick in for me it happens whenever i enter the zone but more noticeable when i hotdrop in.
  4. wavefunction

Your gpu/cpu may be throttling due to heat if you experience large and frequent fluctuations in frame rate. That's where I would start.

Be sure to check the interior ribs on your video card heatsink. Sometime an otherwise clean looking gpu will have clogged channels. Just spray them out with some canned air and it'll be good as new. The throttling is used to protect the component from overheating.

If you haven't cleaned your case in 6 months or more, and expecially if you keep your case on the floor, you most likely have some buildup.
  5. Purple

thanks for the info but i use a laptop and it happens even when i login right after booting up.
  6. RynoManiac

They constantly change crap with this game, I'll run 50fps one day and get 10 the next.
  7. dr_Fell

I got similar problems, fps drops with hdd running. It appeared that increasing characters textures (actually setting them to 0 what makes them appear in "ultra" quality) caused the game using more memory and make use of disk swap file. I have 4 GB ram too. Setting it to lower quality solved the problem.
  8. Purple

i am playing on the lowest setting and render quality the game allows
  9. Drvillain

This has happened to my quite frequently lately. Talk about annoying
  10. dr_Fell

Purple - could You look if Your HDD is working hard during those drops ? Did You edit Your .ini file or just use in-game graphic settings ?
  11. Shikamiji

Happens to me too, began to be worse after maintenance (Incredibily worse) Can't play anymore.
  12. Purple

last night i hopped on around 9-11 central time and the game ran smoothly even in large battles. my issue seemed to have cleared up.
    im not computer savy so i dident edit any files.
  13. OldMaster80

Same here, it happened 15 minutes ago, never happened before: I went to 0-1 fps and I was forced to close the game because I couldn't move anymore.

AMD FX8120 @3100
    8gb ram DDR3
    HD7970 3gb Ghz Editio