State of the game 12/6/2012

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Smed, Dec 6, 2012.

1. JojoTheSlayer

I hope this is because of client updates and not just a twist on number stats because more people use the bcdedit thing / have stopped playing because of CTDs...
    • Up x 1
  2. RomulusX

Can we get a 2x/3x SC this weekend as well?? :D
  3. idkmanwhat

Please please consider changes towards making infantry combat feel more fluid
    • Up x 1
  4. MartianDiscoFish

No word on continent population imbalance?
    It's a massive probelm right now.
  5. Dovahkiin

Cool, but do NOT make AA and AV rocket launchers lock-on only. NO!
  6. Treezat

Thanks for banning the cheaters! Smedly, we really appreciate your passion for keeping the game as fair as possible by removing cheaters! Nobody likes a cheater (except maybe blizzard/activision who makes billions per year from cheaters alone & are in no hurry to ban them until forced) & I am really glad to see a company who is willing to ban cheaters & protect fair play in such passionate fashion! Bravo!
  7. Superman_X

A Prowler on a Bio Dome is overdoing it.. but a Sunderer would be just fine.
  8. Inverness

Smedley, I'm not very pleased right now with the lack of refund due to changes in the anti-air launcher. I'm not going to keep spending money on items in this game if I'll get shafted because you guys decide to change it after I buy it. I've spent $50 at least already on various things and that money will keep coming as long as I enjoy what you're doing, but if it is going to be your policy to refuse refunds after you change the things we buy then I'm not going to spend anything more.

You guys chose to allow us to pay real money for items now you have to deal with the consequences and that means you can't short-change someone buy changing what they bought into something they wouldn't buy without giving them the option of a refund.
    • Up x 1
  9. Alcatraz

Can we display all the convicted cheaters by hanging there bodies in the warpgate or somewhere public :)
  10. sustainedfire

Orbital strikes could be good, or bad, just depending on implemention. It could be really handy for defending, or really a real detriment if invaders can keep bombing you to pieces.

A note on "refunds". It is a free to play game. How cheap are people? The game is at least comparable to a $60 retail game, and its free! It is very clear when you buy station cash it is non refundable. Keep your impulse buying under control, and you should be able to enjoy the game at a reasonable cost.
  11. NyaR

No, you need to get VOIP to start working that is way overdue I still can't talk to anyone.
  12. Glenndal

Glad to hear from you. Whoo extra exp!

Going foreward, I hope we see more regular posts from you guys on the forums. Long term plans are great, but casual, informed, conversation is the best communication. While a fraction of your base might happen to use twitter, and some might happen to use facebook, most players are going to look to the obvious place for information, the forums run by the Planetside team.
  13. dr_Fell

Could anyone give me a link to this post ? (priv maybe?) I would like what changes are coming.
  14. Brandmon

I protest the lack of drone strikes on cheaters. Such a soft approach will be the doom of us all!
  15. fish998

Any chance we could get some news on adjustable Vehicle FOV ? It's painfully low and really needs addressing.
  16. Ruairi

Can you guys sort out the membership plans and marketplace pricing. I want to subscribe, but there's just no value. The marketplace stuff is 3x more expensive than it needs to be. I want to drop some cash on this game, but I don't want to be robbed.
  17. Wobberjockey

2 words.

Sunderer
    Hotdrop
  18. Tozen

Had to register for the forums just to respond to this post. I have been a little jaded by SoE in previous years, but the transparency I have seen with this game has caused me to take complete 180 degree shift in my perspective towards the company. Thanks for being such an awesome dev team! I'm rooting for your success.
  19. Arsinek

But the fanboys said there was no issue with infantry render distance. lol.

So, uh, how about doing something with that metagame Smed? Im pretty tired of running around playing TDM and capturing bases for no real reason.
  20. Chinchy

Confirmed everyone! Smed is personally overseeing the creation of our Marauder!