SOE: Stop listening to Kids

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StaticV0iD, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Goden

If SOE is making balance changes in patches then that would mean you are incorrect.
  2. RockHarder

Brokenly umbalancedÉ Whatever. Thats a load of garbage.

Whatever happened to learning how to play and using that leaning period - aka the curve - to gain an edge over opponentsÉ

It seems to have been changed into a forum metagame of who can whine the most. Well, be careful what you wish for... constant swings in balance based on the whines of a minority will kill PS2
    • Up x 1
  3. Ky3217

No, it just means they catered to the whiners.

And even if they werent balancing for that reason, I'd still be right. Most things are balanced. Sure some things could use some tweaking. Nothing's perfect. But the game's still mostly balanced
    • Up x 1
  4. Corsix

I'd consider what they are doing now to be tweaking, since nothing is permanent it can always be reverted, maybe they just want to see what will happen in the game with these changes, and future changes will be planned. Cant stress it enough though, things CAN be changed in the future, a nerf doesnt mean its going to be like that forever.
  5. Exaar

Agree with OP 100%. Does the game need some tweaks? Sure it does. But listening to whiners on the forums will kill the game, as I've seen happen to many others. They need to stick true to their vision. Most of the people whining on here don't want to play as part of a team or unit, they want to be able to handle anything that comes at them by themselves, and that's not what the game is supposed to be about.

If smeone is certfarming you with an ESF, roll with a group that has dedicated AA like a couple of 2x-Burster MAXes or some HAs with the rocket launcher. If you can't find a group like that, join one and YOU be the AA. If you're not willing to do either of those things, don't play the game, because it's never going to be what you want it to be. There are roles which need to be filled to be effective, just like any team game, and if they are properly filled the balance is there.
    • Up x 2
  6. Monnor

This amount of whine about EVERYTHING is just ridiculous. I mean they are just forum whiner, which spend 90% their time with this game here. but sadly they are heard first. And what it makes worse, they are never satisfied, and they will whine and whine and whine , until all are pissed, and stop playing. Thats what they make happy, thats the only bounding to a game. Unable to play, or learn the game. So they whine about and destroy everything.
    • Up x 2
  7. Mahakar

I have been a big fan of the way the devs interact with the communtiy but http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/airplanes-is-a-joke-now-lol.61072/ 15 pages of crying how the latest patch ruined air when the last patch only changed a tooltip make me reconsider.

There are genuine issues with the balance and there are people reporting it but they are being drowned out by a bunch of whiners with the brain of a 10-year old.
  8. D0n

Clearly you do not know the work involved in game development, it is plain slavery.

AA started good then it was turned into newb mode, they realized how this game was being torn apart by it and decided " AA will deter" not true exactly because a group of AA can tear anything apart still.

You will see what I mean once you happen to fall to the steamroll of tanks coming from the warp, I kid you not.

I know game developers, some of them played games with me back in the 90's.

I already tested AA this morning, it is too much, they said the AA damage was not live which is ********.

I am only going to farm the last sad attempts at flying some people will have left, then this game becomes world of tanks at which point I will have mine decked out, people will whine about tank spams, see that the decimator is just pointless against something like a magrider and cry some more, then they will nerf AA again (rofl) and continue to keep everyone on the loop, this is all provided people are willing to play world of tanks again like in beta, I might actually just pass and definetly no more cash spent in SOE stuff.
  9. Goden

How many times does it need to be said that like 85% of their balance information comes from game stats and data

They don't listen nor care about the rubbish like what is in the OP or the threads calling for blanket nerfs. You are quite silly if you think they would start pulling risky stunts like that with a game like PS2 on the line - which is probably worth a huge amount of money.
  10. Bearcat

I used to own an Atari, so I know more about balancing PS2 and how people spend their time than you. ;)
    • Up x 2
  11. JonD

Go go "Everyone must get a medal" generation, ask for a nerf on something you dislike until PS2 is on par with a game from facebook.
    • Up x 1
  12. irewolf

My first program was on a spectrum 3+

TOP TRUMPS!
  13. Goden

It's like that old famous saying... "My dad works for Nintendo!"
  14. SuperLexatron

I am hereby stealing this phrase, sheer brilliance.
  15. alecholman

So that has nothing to do with the tweet or anything about the Rocket Pods being limited in the blast range? About airpowered losing a lot of their defensive stats? About the new rocket launchers? About the new guns for all the factions because everyone complained about inequality? Why do you think they have forums?

It's for people to whine in mass numbers forcing SOE to make a statement or patch. It's ignorant of you to think that they don't listen or care about the forums when they do (maybe only small portions, because a lot of it is rubbish).
  16. StockpowerXD

...So can you survive a HE in your face with Flak-armor maxed? (Serious question)
    I kinda feel like the HE infantry spawncamping and cert-farming wasn't exactly balanced either... Though 50% still seems a tad much...

But I somewhat can agree with increasing infantry resistance against tanks (And no tanks aren't meant to kill infantry... well maybe the first ones in the WW1 and 2 time-period; Tanks are meant to be invincible to infantry and to win by not losing... and taking out the actual threats)

Infantry needs to be 2nd priority for tanks and tanks should focus on enemy tanks first instead of cert farming infantry.
    Infantry should (which is true atm) focus on taking out infantry first and tanks second.
    Infantry support protects friendly tanks from sabotage, sneak attacks and explosive charges carried by enemy infantry. They do the finishing touches and take care of (quite litterally) small threats.

Tanks do the rough part of the job and soften up enemy front lines, provide cover from small arms and pressure the enemy frontline. They also utterly destroy fortifications (like bunkers 'n stuff). They dominate infantry simply by the fact that infantry can't even put a scratch on them face-to-face. There are threats like C4, mines, flank-attacks and ambushes (by HA), but that's what you have friendly infantry for. Infantry: versatility-> theoretical ability to guard from every direction, which is true for squads.
    This is a teamgame after all...
  17. D0n

Yeah but can you lift?

What does that have to do with anything? I know devs because I played with some of them in the 90's that is why I know their workloads and their procedures.

And you can't even one up someone right, talk about General Instrument machines next time you feel like saying such silly thing.
  18. siiix

i wish sony stop listening to 99% of complains here

SONY STOP MESSING UP THE GAME by listening to every n00b , its already starting to get out of hand with the unnecessary updates / balancing

like really what the F is up with the rocket launcher has to lock to fire ? really ?! are you guys not thinking the whole picture and listen to the 1 that wants it that way ... what about the majority ?

i'm getting really disappointed here ! maybe just close the forum completely so no one can post , just read official announcements
  19. Crator

I LOLed. o_O Beta didn't last that long actually. Should've been much longer. They have a 3 year plan for this game. Seen Higby talk about and show screens of some of the in-game data they retrieve to make informed decisions. Yes, if they see a lot of forums posts about a particular issue I can guarantee that they will look into it. But as far as taking exact suggestions on how to fix the problem, most likely not. They may take tidbits here and there but they know the overall structure and balancing mechanics to use to try and fix things. They after all built the game from the ground up.
  20. Vortigon

OP is 100% correct - the problem is all these nooblettes who are used to easy win games like BF and CoD coming into PS2 and getting their assess handed to them by old skool players with real skill - the kids just can't handle the fact their complete lack of tactics gets them dead - quick! - they want to run around like an arena game with 'uber pew pew of doom' under their arm.

Give us premium ONLY server options - I would sign up for that today!! - gets rid of many hackers who don't want to pay monthly fees on their banned accounts all the time - gets rid of 10 year olds who can't handle losing to people with old skool skill sets - and gives a better class of player all round!

Premium servers FTW