SweetFx news?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Žiga, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Dawnstrider

SweetFX is a handy tool for maximising your FPS via remove a lot of unnecessary crap, that being said as an injector it does show up as a hack to SOE apparently.

in terms of it giving an advantage the player wouldn't usually have well so does having a more powerful rig in theory (poor optimisation notwithstanding)

Ideally options given in Sweet FX should of been options in game anyway but hey the state of the game is less than ideal right now
  2. SlicedGB

First I don't think PS2 uses PB, or any other anti cheat that is currently used.
    Second, there is already a sticky saying that ANYTHING that alters your game play in any way is ban able, except Steam, TS and so on as although they are overlays they do not effect with the game.
    With the correct person uses SweetFX all would be good as they know where the line might be, but you will have others who will use SweetFX to the extreme. How would you ban those people? It would be wrong to have two sets of rules on one program.
    Also, SweetFX uses methods that alot of common hacks / cheats use and because of that if someone is actually hacking (aimbot / wallhack) and gets caught he could use SweetFX as a shield and just say "I wasn't hacking, I was uses SweetFX" although he doesn't even have SweetFX installed.

Any advantage that a 3rd party program gives you is an unfair advantage, its as simple as that, no matter how small.
    Just because some admin is uses it does not mean the mass can now use it. For all we know he is uses it to determine its full extent and finding out what they should not implement in the game. Using it as a test run kind of.
    The shield one is a massive factor in the banning process.
    Because of this it has to be banned.
  3. ChipMHazard

"The use of SweetFX may result in a suspension of your game account. As this isn't a tech issue, I need to close it up." -RadarX

:(
  4. Turelle

Sweetfx, in its default state can improve FPS/peformance. It also changes the way the game looks as it adds shaders. In its default state all it does is make it look better.

But, Sweetfx is an injector. And as I understand, there is no way to distinguish between a 'friendly' injector and a malicious one used for cheating. As such SOE have no choice but to ban for using ANY kind of injector, including sweetfx. That, and sweetfx can be modified to change shaders which will give an advantage, such as someone pointed out, making infiltrators appear a different colour such as bright pink, and with zebra stripes too while we're at it.

Unfortunately, it is unavoidable, but it's this, or have 10x more hackers/cheaters than we already see because everyone pleads ignorance and sweetfx as a scapegoat.
  5. smetana

[IMG]

Devs have explicitly said earlier that it's not allowed to use because of whatever reason (I believe it's because it modifies the shaders?)
    So No, you may not use SweetFX in-game
  6. Freyar

Using SweetFX may get your account terminated. There's no more to discuss. Don't use it if you want to be sure you won't end up seeing yourself banned.
  7. Mansen

Well they are - using their own clients that is. This is well known.