Maybe a 2-man crew tank?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by yankeefeet, Dec 6, 2012.

1. yankeefeet

Before hating on me ( :D ) please at least read my hole argument.

My idea is not changing drastically the lightning, Magrider etc in a new patch. But wouldn't an incorporation of a 2-men crew Tank give some kind of depth to the game?

- 1 driver and 1 person on the main cannon (and, in some cases, a third one for the minigun)
    - Direct voice communication between the driver and gunner without having to press the Z key every time you want to say something.
    - The amount of XP gained by the gunner would also be awarded to the driver (As a reward for team work)
    - Double the amount of resources needed to pull out a tank

Wouldn't this at least stop in some way the mindless Tank spam, as a coordinated 2 man crew would be needed in order to use the Tank effectively? (Since only 1 person would not be able to gun, move and dodge at the same time)

All of this while leaving another 1-man Tank option still available, but making its armor and main gun weaker (Maybe calling it "Light Tank"). Not to the point that a rocket fired to the rear would destroy it, but making it so, that mindlessly rushing throught enemy infantery would almost guarantee a death after just a few kills.
  2. Protios

Higby said they were considering a high-end cert to make the MBT's 3 man crews and they would get access to more powerful weaponry.

Obviously the Mag Rider throws a nail in it or else it'd probably have been implemented already.
  3. 13lackCats

No. There are many ways to combat the enemy.

Some people think the battle is at their spawn door. *THEY* are the problem.

Get out into the country and fight. Stop blaming the guy that you didn't stop.
  4. Dubious

we already have 2 man crew tanks... what you are suggesting is 3 crew tanks..
    Well, unless the driver is a robot..
  5. yankeefeet

I just asked for some tweaks, not because of spawn killing, but just to add variaty. But with all the people crying "NEEEEEEEEERFFFFFF X" and "BUFFFF X" I dont blame you for thinking that I was one of those.
  6. 13lackCats

Sorry- it looked like a formula to reduce what some people refer to as the "zerg horde".

If it wasn't, I truly apologize. The poison of "zerg-speak" may be the most dangerous things to a vibrant community, and must be countered at every step.
  7. bPostal

I think he's talking about 'proper' Planetside style tanks. The driver drives, the Gunner is in charge of the main cannon and in the case of the Prowler, the top gunner mops up any aircraft/infantry with the chaingun.
    Protios has mentioned Higby saying they're looking at adding that. Excellent. The Prowler is the new lightning.