We need points for DEFENDING!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Opticalsnare, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Yerk

They need to double the defense point bonus and halve the capping point to prioritize ownership of base rather than just cap farming.

However, what you seem to be asking for is close to AFK defense bonus which is obviously they are trying to avoid. The bonus is there if you're active in the defense, such as killing, healing, repairing and spotting. If they give points just for being there, then you'll see a ton of afk farmers, especially in large facilities.

Go bump my post yesterday about it (nobody responded :O):

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ints-clear-frontlines-alt-cap-cooldown.60506/
  2. zomaya

I see where your problem is, you play with pub randoms.
    Join a decent outfit that constantly has 4 squads at there disposal and enjoy the game the way its meant to be played.

When our Outfit takes over a base, 1 squad stays behind whilst the other progresses. As soon as the base is under attack, we decide how many more squads we require to defend. If there's no action, we move on with the attack.

Not only do we reek the 15% bonus, but the game is actually more enjoyable as we are mixing up attacking with defending rather than just zerging every base.
  3. Crator

Capture lockout timers are not that great of an idea imo. I really don't think it would work well when they try to implement continent locking either. Players should control the defense of a base. But I think they need some more dynamic tools like the PS1 CE had to do it with. Empower the player to play harder.

You are aware that they added base benefits right? Tech plant gives you MBTs. Bio-lab gives you passive health regen, etc.
    They are planning on putting in cont locking once they release more of them (deeper gameplay).
  4. newtis

this & /end thread
  5. Lakora

Someone mentioned 5 people not being able to do anything about 50 people... Well that's a bloody lie. :D

Me and a small group from WASP outfit went n started capping a Tech plant...

Me as a max, an engineer, an infil and a Medic. We held out against onslaught after onslaught of TR troops trying to defend. Was awesome made about 30-50 certs from the killing alone.

Now maybe not a proper DEFENSE but the same can be said about attacking really as long as you have a coordinated team you can accomplish the impossible.