We just got new Infiltrator Weapons!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Benton!, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Benton!

2. Karonal

Augh, you gotta be kidding me.
  3. Shahnaz

Makes the class so much better right?

...Oh wait.
  4. gunshooter

Just what Infiltrator needed, more sniper rifles!!!
    • Up x 1
  5. Benton!

Yep, they got some weapons too. Cause you know how weak they are compared to us Infiltrators. Thanks so much Sony...
  6. SimplifiedPhysics

Whats wrong with bolt-action sniper rifles? I thought a part of infiltrator's job was to ice fools with a sniper rifle?
  7. Fishie

If only the scout rifles weren't a waste of station cash...
  8. Benton!

We already have 2 bolt action sniper rifles for long range. We need close range weapons now...
  9. Kich

I wonder just how different the longshot is from the la80. Because from the description they sound the same. Maybe even higher velocity is how they're preparing the infil for the render distance fix?
  10. Antagonisten

Putting aside the fact that maaaaaaaaaybe another Bolt Action variant wasn't really needed, has anyone tried the new weapons? Is it, like it says in the post, One shot, One kill, even without a headshot? I'm mostly interested in the Vanu Parallax. Also, do we get new models or just the same copy-paste Spectre model?
  11. KukKung

im curious does anyone know the specs on new rifles, is it worth upgrading?
  12. Gary

Sigh.... not any idiot can kill me from any distance with 1 shot... If you want to use a sniper rifle you should be forced to use a high powered scope on the bolt action rifles. Not only that you should not be able to hip fire with any of the sniper rifles.

Guess il be playing Infiltrator for a long time with 1 shot 1 kill... I am able to hit a mark just had difficulty with needing head shots well that is in the past.... Terrible addition ><
  13. KukKung

if its one shot one kill for any part of the body, ill take it, cant count the number of times i hit someone in the body and then they dart off before i can reload the bolt action.
  14. Pachins

I doubt that it is a one shot kill in the body.

Talk about bleeding your community. After launch and the purchase of weapons you come out with another weapon that has 1 point more damage. Bad move Sony.
  15. Kich

Yup I think infils were fine with having only headshots be the OHK. We wanted close range options, not longer range ones heh.
  16. Niv

17. altonyc

"For our Infiltrators, prove the age old principle “One shot. One kill” with these brand new sniper rifles. The New Conglomerate Longshot, The Terran Republic RAMS .50M and the Vanu Sovereignty Parallax all provide exceptionally fast projectiles but a slower bolt action fire rate and reload time."

My interpretation of this isn't that their damage is being elevated, but that the rifles will make headshots easier by increasing bullet velocity and decreasing drop. If they think they can make a shot anywhere be a OHK, there will be much gnashing of teeth.
  18. m44v

OHK with bodyshots? oh dear, there's so much QQ ahead.
  19. Gary

Turns out it doesnt one shot unless its a headshot ;) It has faster bullet speed and less drop. Wonder how many people bought it hoping for 1 hit kills
  20. KukKung

confirmed it does "not" one kill shot body, tested the new TR rifle, on body shots mid range, after several attempts of not getting a one hit body kill and at the cost of my own life. this is not worth buying

only thing i did notice is that the sway seemed to be a little less then the SR7, and if anyone can confirm is the velocity any better? i know SR7 was 600 and the LA80 was top at 650.