Increase XP for vehicle kills

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hellkyte, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Hellkyte

Currently the xp gain for vehicle kills does not adequately represent the value, challenge or specialized loadouts needed to kill them when compared to infantry kills. Taking down a one driver tank will net you ~250, an empty sunderer or ESF is about the same. 2 man Libs are about 3-400, 1 man galaxy being the big payoff of about 5-700.

The problem is that, in terms of infantry kills, these rewards are nowhere near in line with the strategic value of the kills, or frankly the difficulty/scarcity. This means that, while there are non-xp reasons to fly an AA ESF or an AA Max, or to spend 2 minutes positioning to take out antank people usually don't do it unless its a platoon/team directive.

Let's say I am at a Tech plan fight. There is no XP motivation for me to use my LA to go find their sunderer and kill it when I could easily just lob grenades a the double doors. Or say I am in a meatgrinder fight a the crown. I would love to get into a Liberator with a zephyr to torch their infantry, but I really don't want to be hassled to run the AA ESF necessary to clear the sky for the liberator.

Understand I'm nt saying that XP should be the only motivator in battle. Strategy is a very important reason to do things on its own, but when possible XP rewards should reflect the strategic significance of an action when possible, and vehicle kills are highly valuable strategically. Not just because they are highly effective force multipliers, but also because they cost resources, something the infantry doesn't. And since denial of resources seems to be one of the key points in the strategic layer of the game this should be reflected in the rewards.
  2. Darkian

This is one of the primary reasons people would rather farm a sunderer for kills rather then blow it up.
  3. Hellkyte

We had some TE guys on Matherson team killing us while we tried to fix a shield gen because of this exact reason. Needless to say a lot of us got weapon locked shortly thereafter. For my outfit killing fakeTEST >>> getting xp.