I know you vehicle people wont like this but, infantry need it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by XLander, Dec 6, 2012.

1. XLander

So my suggestion is this. Make it so that tanks/vehicles get grief for spawn camping doors. (Only if there hit or blast hits the yellow door) I know you don't like it because that blocks your xp farming. But, really this suggestion only lets them get out for a fight. Consider this your infantry counterparts cannot (for the average player) gain a reasonable cert gain because when we are under the gun on off times we are farmed at doors. It isn't even reasonable that tanks should farm doors like that they have so much armor it isn't even a fight. More to the game play being game play aspect. Farming people isn't playing it is farming it is just as bad as those old games that had the snipers that found some exploit point to kill everyone that couldn't reach them.

Matter of fact this type of farming is so despicable I think it is no different than when the NC were farming Esamir in Beta. It lacks challenge and gives unfair advantages.

So anyway the short and sweet make something that discourages artillery farming of infantry at spawns. That is literally a game stopper. Anytime you give an aggressor that much power the only thing left to do is to sit in the gate till they get bored. Makes people log and makes players jaded.

Sony this part should speak to you. Your player base is pissed off and stressed out during game play. I have never heard this much negativity from outfits for so long. If people are pissed off all the time and stay that way for to long eventually the desire to return to game will diminish.
  2. Darkian

Or they could fix spawns to not be a little shack that is extremely easy to camp.

Like y'know a two floor spawn room with the spawn on the top floor.

Or they could add a limited FOV AV turret to the doors that a person can man inside the spawn room that can kill tanks that are within 100 or so meters of the spawn door.

Here's my idea for spawn rooms.

Has a typo; Meant to say Territory, not Terriorty xD
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  3. Pesukarhukebab

Make the door shields reflect explosive damage back to the shooter so they take the damage instead. that should discourage them from shooting at the doors nonstop
  4. KlyptoK

???

If you absolutely cannot leave the spawn, whether it's a tank, a group of engineer turrets, infantry guarding the door, random pirates with swords or magical unicorns skewering your forces, you need to understand the concept that the base is LOST you cannot retake it now, too late and too bad.

You can keep sacrificing yourself to the people outside who have taken the base, yes taken it, if you so choose. That capture bar doesn't mean you still own it if you are stuck in a little building.

I think you are trying to carry over some of the foreign concepts in other FPS games where spawn camping is frowned upon because that is the only spawn or one of few spawns and that is poor sportsmanship.

In Planetside 2, the goal is to take the base and one of the ways you accomplish that is make sure the enemy is incapable of interfering. The best way to do that is to try and lock them down in their little rooms.

If you've lost your base to the enemy, go organize a counter attack from a nearby outpost. Believe me, it's gets pretty boring sitting there waiting at the door playing chicken with the fools inside while forces finalize the capture of the base, but the goofs just keep trying to come out so we all have to keep killing them.
    • Up x 8
  5. daskleineviech

I agree with KlyptoK, spawn camping isn't really a thing in Planetside. If you defend a base and get pushed back so far that nobody on your side is alive out there and everyone "camps" your spawn point, your job is to spawn in another sector and drive a sunderer back to the fight. Or get some of your buddies into a Lib and blow the enemy away so your guys can get out. If you can't manage that, you lost the fight, period.

And what about bio labs? There are no tanks or bombers inside and people still complain about "spawn camping".
  6. XLander

and you need to understand when we are so under popped on all three conts that there is no longer a game to play. I sure as hell am not leaving the gate. Which means no one has any fun. There needs to always be a way to fight back. I get that you think except that we have lost. But if the common group on a server is losing all the time they either switch sides or stop playing. This leads to a loss of players through attrition. Loss initially to the team that is always under popped and keeps losing more because of getting farmed. Then the gaining teams start losing pop because the game is boring.

I know its long thought logic but many of us have ten years of watching how a game was dismantled by not keeping game play balanced. If a team is losing I get they are losing but if it is all the time then its a balance thing.
  7. XLander

Also you missed a point I am talking over pop on one side leading to every place being taken before you can even fall back. That means no fight.
  8. Syhen

I am in no way a vehicle person and I think this is not a good idea. If you are getting spawn camped by artillary at the door the either spawn at a different location or fire through the one way shield to take out whatever is shelling you.

You could always just spawn at a nearby spawn that has a vehcile pad, grab a sunderer and drive it over to the tower / base or whatever and park it and deploy then it is problem solved.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kediec

So you get killed at your spawn, and you instantly choose to respawn in the same location ? ..... if that is the case, it really isn't tank camping doorways that needs fixing, it is your tactical decisions.

If i get killed in spawn (from explosion dmg through the door) or right as i run out the door, i then pick the nearest SAFE location to respawn and come back and attack the stuff from behind them, or at least from the flank.....unless of course it's a spawn where you can sit and farm the idiots trying to camp too close to the door ( nothing like free cheesy xp :p ). Then i only choose somewhere else as we're about to lose the base.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tuco

Farming spawn buildings be a problem if we had cloaked AMS'ses.
  11. Gambles

Well that's fine and dandy when the base is completely overrun, but I have seen this happen with just 2 opposing tanks on each door and a few infantry. In certain spawn areas with just a few tanks you can totally lock them out with any luck. Plus what he's suggesting wouldn't fix being totally overrun anyway, you're dead in that situation no matter what. But it would definitely fix that crappy situation when they surround your spawn making it feel as if you are way more outnumbered than you actually are.
  12. BCKrogoth

[emphasis mine] This. So much this. If you can't kill what's sitting outside the door, stop feeding them. As a tank driver, we shell the door because we're still getting pegged by rockets which are able to kill us. Until you all stop spawning, I am not protecting the capture like I should be. You mad? Then spawn elsewhere and take me down from a different angle while I'm not paying attention.
    • Up x 1
  13. Flarestar

Or, when you first get camped into the spawn room, you can redeploy to another location, regroup, and go back to stop the cap and/or take the base back.

Being camped into your spawn room and dying over and over really just means you're doing it wrong. I can count the number of times I've seen defenders successfully hold a base after getting pushed back into their spawn room on one hand - at that point they're heavily overwhelmed, and are going to lose the base regardless the vast majority of the time.
    • Up x 1
  14. NoctD

The concept of clueless cannot be more true here. Seriously, if you're dead out of your spawn, you shouldn't respawn there at all. Spawn 1 base over, organize an army, and surprise/flank the attackers with a counter-attack. This almost always gives most zergs at least something some real fight.

Stop being lemmings jumping off the cliff to your death! But thanks for the free XPs/certs... and if anyone knew better, not camping the spawn actually increases the gain as the lemmings are streaming out of their safety net to death in the open then!
  15. Maarvy

Chaaaaarge ! ... BOOM ... Chaaaarge ! ... BOOM ! ... Chaaarge ! ... BOOM !

Im not sure redesigning the spawn rooms will help the OP . :D

heres a new way for you

Chaarge ! ... Boom ! ... remove head from *** ! ... look around ! ... re-spawn some where else
  16. bPostal

There seems to be a mindset shift from Planetside to PS2. Whereas in Planetside the feeling was 'You want my base you damn dirty Smurf mother ******? YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY BASE!" Getting slowly pushed back from the CY, into the base, pushing back out to get some NTU in...Fighting to the last man, and that last man best have a glue gun and be fighting to get the spawns back up because then it's on like donkey kong.
    Planetside 2 seems to have a slightly more defeatist attitude: "Oh, my bad. You showed up with tanks? And you've made a ring around this little shack here...okay you silly sod. You can have it! But we'll be baaaaaaack...."
    Just my 2 cents.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ryloxx

Going to come off a bit harsh here, but just NO. Plain and simple. What you are doing now, is actually defending a broken mechanic put in place by SOE and brushing it off as player error. Your job is to play the game as the game wants you to play it, especially given the fact this is in the F2P market and the majority of players are going to be casuals and probably some who this will be their first FPS. I've actually seen a number of people say it. When the game gives you somewhere to spawn, it is pretty much telling the casual player "this is where to go".

So with that in mind, the fact alone that the game allows you to continue spawning actually proves one thing, that is what you are supposed to do. Now, whether that is the right or wrong thing to do is open for debate and certainly a more seasoned player will move on and spawn somewhere else.

My problem personally, is when you die at one of these bases should you spawn at any connected hex there's a good chance you're being spawn camped there as well because the enemy has gotten bored at your other spawns and realized that you've moved back one hex. There is no indication on the spawn screen of enemy activity, so it's impossible to tell how bad the situation is. Continually redeploying until you find a fair fight is not a fun time, and this needs to be addressed.

@OP
    Having vehicles out of the situation wouldn't change a thing, the issue is at the core of the mechanics. Nothing will ever stop the spawn camping short of completely reworking the building itself, and firing whoever designed that horrible system so these things don't happen again in the future.
  18. sideshow

I camp spawns in the MBT, but it's not to farm xp: it's so we take the base. If you want to try and bust out then fair play, but the odds aren't in your favour.
  19. MexelVanMexelen

My own rule of thumb is that if I die 3 straight times without being able to get close to my objective (SCU, generator) then I'll look for a nearby spawn and try that. Also, noticing that it's only you in the spawn room might be a clue that it's time to move on.

That said, better spawn/base design so heavy weapons don't have a direct shot onto newly-spawned troops would do a lot to reduce the bitter feelings on this subject.
    • Up x 1
  20. hostilechild

Camping a sunderer is more fun, something that infantry can do too!! If we are not being overrun we don't kill the sunderer, if its a fight then yep bye bye sunderer. Amazing how many people continue to spawn at it over and over. But then death means little in this game unless your epeen is based on K/D. I guess they figure dieing 10x for 1 kill is better than having to spawn away and run back getting 0 kills for a couple of minutes, exp>death :p
    • Up x 1