report button on deathscreen

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rabidquokka, Dec 5, 2012.

1. rabidquokka

Any chance of having a easy click button when viewing the player that killed you in deathscreen, something that flags them to admin?

Granted it could be abused so to stop wasting admin time maybe make it only flag after 10 different ppl report or something. Trying to remember names(esp weird hacker type names) is awkward and something a simple click would fix.
  2. Garmerr

Especially since people like lIlIlIlIlIlIlI are starting to show up, which means you have no idea what is an L and what is an I. Frankly, just trying to use a name like that should get a ban.
  3. Tobax

Yeah in PS1 we called that guy "bar code hacker", deliberately trying to hide how to type his name so he can't be reported.
    In beta we were able to do copy paste in the chat box so you could just copy the name of the guy that killed you to report, but that seems to of been disabled.
  4. Sentnl

Every noob will just report every death they have lol... there's your 10 flags, gg. People will just report out of spite if it's a simple click.

With the way it is, you have to go out of your way to do it, which makes them a little more legit.. even if people still do report people just because they're ********.
    • Up x 1
  5. Root

A report button right on the death screen, could you imagine? Not sure if you've noticed or not, but people are pretty quick to rage around here. You thought CS reply times were bad now haha.
  6. ShadowTheHedgehog

I agree with this. Most reports are just mad noobs who can't tell a hacker from a good player. 1 click report would result in MUCH more reports which would make it harder to find the real hackers. /unsigned
  7. ME-tan

I think brining back copy&paste in the chat box would work well enough. It'd be nice to have it back for other uses, too.
  8. rabidquokka

The flag amount isn't a fixed figure why do ppl argue about things that aren't important and can be changed...the idea is that it simply flags a player after an immense amount of reports, of course you couldn't report a player over and over again also you probably would be locked from reporting if you spam it too much.

Thing is the report system should be simple to use and will not only flag the player...but pretty much that precise death instant in their server logs, it also wouldn't be an auto ban(like many other games use successfully) it would simply be a flag for admin to look at...if nothing is found no problem.
  9. C0ldas1ce

Just make the report button only activate 30 seconds after you're allowed to respawn. Most people will choose to quickly get back into the action. This would prevent most abuse.
  10. rabidquokka

hell even add a cert cost to it and if they get banned you get them back, that'll make them think twice
  11. Teribad

Seriously? Besides the OP, this is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while.
  12. Axi0m

Reporting someone from the death screen lacks the most important thing in reporting a person - proof of cheating.
  13. Chiss

Simple fix. If a player reports more than 1% of their killers, all their reports are completely ignored.
    You cannot make reports until you have 100 deaths.

I do exactly the same thing in a game i develop, and it works incredibly.

Easy.
  14. Chiss

Reporting doesn't require proof. Investigation follows reports.

You could call the police and tell them you think your neighbour has a meth lab. Don't need to go and take photos for them.
  15. Dornez

How bout they show a model of your body and where each bullet hit you on the death screen.
  16. Axi0m

And if the police found out that you had no justification for making the call then they could charge you for wasting their time. Being killed by someone is in no way a good basis for a report.
  17. Sentnl

Sure, but if my neighbours are a well adjusted family with not one sign of violence, young children and a labrador in the backyard, with occaisonal family lunches... and I report them to the police for having a meth lab just because I wasn't invited...

Big difference.
  18. Gary

Surely not. This would increase the reports and hackusations tenfold. People would just click it out of rage or when they are having a bad day and are angry.
  19. Chiss

Read below

20. Vreki

Too many bad loser for this to be a good idea.
    However, they could implement something similar in the support screen, where there could be a list of the last 10 people that you interacted with.
    The difference is that many raging people will pust the "report" button if its right in their face at the time of death, but far fewer will bother to go to the support system and type a complaint.