VS preferable weapon

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Roarboar, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Roarboar

What weapon do you find preferable as VS, is there any point in using certs to buy new weapons or do you find the stock gun best?
  2. Siluria

Orion is best default gun and it is quite great. but not goooood enough.
    For example, lacking of Reflex sight. and also has Super RoF which means, you may feel 50 ammo capacity is bit low.
    I prefer Flare. Only 250 cert point. 75 ammo capacity, has varient attachments like 2x Reflex, Forward grip and Soft point or High velocity bullets.
  3. Vanuub

That is 3 questions.
    In reverse order:

1) no, default are not best. Some are good/ok, but have serious drawbacks (like magazine size on Orion).
    2) depends on your approach to the game or your character. I would rather spend SC on weapons (at least if it is more than 250certs) and keep those certs for scopes, etc. or vehicle certs.
    3) like the SVA88 quite a bit, have gold medal on it. Working on the Flares goldmedal, it is not anywhere near as good.
    The Pulsar LSW might seem tempting, but does not have the ROF of the orion/sva and if you need to move while firing the enemy is already so close that the extra move-accuracy wont practically matter, hence its bonus seems wasted.
    I have a really hard time seeing the point in the Polaris, but maybe I will trial it.

Since you posted this in the HA section I only replied to the HA relevant bits (leaving out the other classes).
  4. Curze

many people swear by the flare. I tried it, its nice but to make the best of it, it really asks for soft ammo..in that case forget about any medium-to-long range capabilities

for me, Pulsar = absolute monster, great for just about anything
  5. Roarboar

what about eidolon, do you guys like that on HA?
  6. Teoyaomicqui

I had shopped around for a bit before buying.

I really can attest that for any CQC LMG wise the Flare just doesn't seem beatable for VS.
    I Gold Medal-ed my Flare in no time from primarily CQC to Medium Ranges.

Flare
    2xReflex
    Forward Grip

Just recently got the High Velocity Ammo + compensator....many have said Comp/FG don't seem to work, regardless I can say High Velocity suits it nicely as even in CQC I am hitting the enemy much faster without it lowering in lethality, without really any difference with recoil from prior (other than very long range)

I don't get very many long range kills (its still possible, just less likely) -- you can still definitely scare off with a few precise short burst shots.

If you prefer Long Range, It seems the SV-88 is the clear winner in that category, though I don't have any advice as I only trialed the base version.

The Orion is honestly really nice too, I just noticed I would die sometimes just based on reload timing due to the short clip, but all in all it is the most balanced gun between CQC > Medium Ranges.

CQC - Flare or Orion
    Anything past Mid-range - SV-88

I trialed the nemesis launcher also, I can say I like the scope + how it shoots relatively straighter, but I have honestly gotten a good amount of vehicle and infantry kills with standard, so I didn't worry about upgrading yet, it just seems it takes a lot of practice to get perfect with the S1. (only downside is with Anti-Air.....it is basically impossible to hit average > amazing pilots with the standard S1)