Tired of capping without fight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MisterMorden, Dec 5, 2012.

1. MisterMorden

at this stage of the game nc,vs and tr should arrange battles with fixed times, otherwise it is just running arround the map and capping, capping, capping.
    oh and these meatgrinder fights at tech plants are just like team deathmatch, really random.
    i was hoping for real battles, but i am very disappointed at the moment.

in beta i had great experiences (like in a good war movie) and now this rarely happens, but i don't exactly why ...
  2. Garfboy

For myself, defending anything other than a tech plant or a biolab is pointless. You spawn or drive to a base and get eaten by enemy tanks/aircraft that camp you. At least Tech and Bio are kind of defensible. I would love to have some real large scale battles, and change the defensive capabilities/layouts of bases. Like you said, most battles seem severely one sided.
  3. Xizwhoa

Every fight should be The Crown!!!
    • Up x 1
  4. notyourbuddy

Yeah no point in defending an outpost. Some enemy lib or ESF will just take note of "Enemy Squad Detected" and go there to farm the spawn for free kills knowing there isn't a sizeable enough force to shoot him down.
  5. IshanDeston

In Beta you had like 99% be Planetside 1 veterans and/or Outfit members that were interested in Tactical gameplay.

Now... heck i see them join my squad and half of them bloody does what they want. Unless you have a handpicked squad and/or enough of your Outfit on for it, you can be happy if even 50% does what you want them to as Squadleader.

I hate being squadleader meanwhile, because your always like "please move to, please do .. could you please stop fighting at ... and regroup with the rest of us?" "Could you please all join up at the Squad waypoint so we can cap a few regions, we don't have any influence on that Biolab"

But noo "oh enemy.. Leeeeerrrrrrooooooyyyyyy!!!!"

Half of the bloody time people don't even talk.
    • Up x 1
  6. Curze

save The Crown, save the world!

ontopic, the lattice system was bad, what we have now is worse
  7. 13lackCats

The beauty of this game is that it is up to YOU to create battles.

Quit asking the game to do the work for you. That is extremely 2010.

Advice: get a sunderer, and put it where you think you'd like to have battle. See if it works.

Try owning your experience once in a while. That is where the reward is.
    • Up x 2
  8. Hibbe

Wanna know why I play solo?

Because everytime I join a squad, it ends with me putting my mic volume at 100 screaming " DO YOU HAVE EARS SQUADLEADER OR IS THE ISSUE THAT YOU ARE BOTH MUTE AND HAVE LOST ALL YOUR FINGERS "
    Because almost every time the squadleader is like "meh, let's not say anything at all and hope they understand what I mean by the waypoint I put down three bases ago" even though they specifically typed out "follow orders" in the name.
  9. Neodrauka

Fight at the crown.

Fun to be had.

The end.
  10. Sebyos

Yeah it's gone down to the point where I always suggest the platoon leader to go where enemies are.
  11. Phoebus

If you want to imagine a battle in your mind, maybe.
    If you want a real battle, it takes other people too, and the game is designed to push players toward killing battle, not starting them.
  12. Auto_Bob

This.
    About a hundred times.
  13. MisterMorden

this sounds like a fairy tale, i would love it if this was true.

i think the best way to get decent battles is to communicate with enemy outfits and to arrange a meeting place.
  14. IshanDeston

Oh, i am not the most vocal of all Squadleaders, but i am using my Mic. I generally use english as spoken language way to less, so it kinda a thick accent and i am stuttering frequently (but its getting better now that i am back using it)

But yeah, i had PUG squads like that, but thats just the point isn't it? People don't seem to want to play as a team anymore. Its bloody teamgame and you have people all over the place.

This has annoyed me so much in Battlefield 2 as well. Using an organized Squad and you are killing. Its much more fun to have some organisation and you get much more done. But getting there?

During beta i could join PUGs and i still had people playing a team game. Didn't have to be in an Outfit and just be with your outfit to have fun. I am finding myself teaming with a Private Squad more often lately. PUGs just don't do what you need them to do.

And few people understand the need to actually defend something for a change. I am honestly pissed about it.
  15. DeathFaith

Why go defend for 25% bonus xp on a handful of guy already cappin the point you will probably never get a shot at when you let it get captured , to go cap it again for 1000+ xp + kills.