Why cant my AV cannon blow up sqauds of infantry like Rocket Pods?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bejita231, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Bejita231

Rocket pods can blow up tanks and squads of infantry, why cant my magriders/prowlers/vanguards AP/AV weapons with low splash damage do the same? Rocket pods are suppose to counter vehicles but also are amazing anti infantry and anti...everything.

Why cant my flak guns destroy infantry in 2 shots? Why cant my G2A missiles 2 shot tanks and killing 10 infantry at once? Why is the ESF rocket pods the only weapon that gets this treatment?

Just curious SOE
  2. Ganelon

Right, let's screw infantry over completely and give tanks exactly the same benefits, that'll work.
  3. SKYeXile

USE HE OMG...ITS MORE KILLS PER HOUR WITH HE THAN IT IS WITH AIRCRAFT, K?
  4. L1ttlebear

Because that would just be silly...there needs to be one weapon in a came that is spammable and completely overpowered or else the game might get...depth and strategy *shutters*
  5. Mietz

Just give the HA a jetpack and a sequential 12 barreled rocket launcher at the same time, so we can fully make this game into unreal tournament with a 25km² map.
  6. Skillet

Because the game has some balancing issues and always will. And SOE is terrified about touching the code at the moment. Can't really blame them, I would too seeing the results of patching throughout Beta.
  7. L1ttlebear

LOL! @ ganelon and sky...you guys COMPLETELY missed the OP's point. He doesn't actually want the tank and rockets that powerful, he using sarcasm to show how ******** the implementation of rocket pods has been.
  8. LtJoeBob

Honestly Give my Skyguard Rocketpods then i will stop complaining.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ganelon

I know he used sarcasm, but it's a stupid thing to do. If you want rocket pods nerfed, bump one out of the hundred threads on this topic spread around the forum, don't go around making silly threads now. "Feedback" like this is quite useless.
  10. Hateborn

I hereby request a video of rocket pods 2-hit killing ANYTHING. Just sayin...

Oh, and by that, I should qualify that the target needs to have more than a shred of health left.
  11. Auto_Bob

Where does it say rocket pods are supposed to counter vehicles?

The in game description of breaker rocket pods says "Breaker Rocket Pods fire a volley of up to 12 unguided, high explosive rockets" It doesn't state anything about specifically countering, or not countering vehicles, infantry, aircraft, anything...
  12. L1ttlebear

Actually "feedback" like this is EXACTLY what these forums are for! Please don't act like somehow just because someone does not agree with you, that their opinions are suddenly not "feedback". I play the same game that you do, i use the same vehicles you do, and I have payed real money towards this game which is probably MORE than you do. I have just as much right to post on these forums and be taken seriously as you do, Don't you dare come off at me like people with opinions similar to mine or the OP's should simply be discounted and dismissed. The arrogance and pompousness of comments like that are what have degraded the gaming communities as a whole. That attitude is infections and dangerous for anyone looking for an honest discussion.
    Sarcasm has its place in forums and in conversations as a whole. So long as the sarcasm is not blatantly disrespectful or rude, it should be accepted by every opinion for the point its making, nothing more and nothing less. It is YOUR arrogance and disrespect for other's opinions that have no place in these forums. Go back to BF3 or COD or wherever you came from with that attitude. These forums are meant to be reserved for adults who can argue and scream all day long but still discuss the issues at hand and early BETA, that's what this forum was. OVERNIGHT this forum went to the garbage when the game released and pubs started posting. If you wanna argue a point than whatever, have at it, but don't act like anything that counters your opinion is somehow not valuable feedback. Criticism is what makes games great.
  13. Dornez

rocket pod nerf? Damage, meh not so much, splash nerf? OH DEFINATLY NEEDED
  14. KoSGunny

Because AV doesn't stand for Anti-Vehicle.. It stands for ANNIHILATE V'ERVYFIN!!
  15. Ganelon

Never mind, my simple post seems to have gone over L1ttlebear's head completely.
  16. Lokarin

Ya, I find the Lightning default to have pitiful AoE compared to rocket pods. I think they even do less damage with longer reload.
  17. tjalfe

i guess its becouse they wanted aircraft to be able to effectively kill tanks, it was never intended for infantry tyrki shooting
  18. Mockeryangel

This is a brilliant idea, could have double jumping instead of jetpacks too, but if jetpacks everyone should get them and all weapons should be revised for double jump/jetpacks shooting and become common pool.
  19. Auto_Bob

Again, where in the game does it say anything like this? Did the devs say it? If so, can you point to where they said it?
  20. TheEvilBlight

Let's bring back BFR's to counter the air.

/gamekilled