Hacks, Plz Clean The Hacks

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Slic, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Slic

So many no recoil hacks around. This game is going to get destroyed if we don't incorporate more able bodies to police the hackers. Please please fix the jackhammer and add an anti-hack crew. Please...
  2. Yohanu

I'm sure they're doing what they can about this. The big problem is that there is essentially no way of preventing people from doing this kind of thing efficiently, since they have to do a lot of stuff on the client (for bandwidth/lag reasons). Any kind of preventive measure they take client-side can be bypassed by more or less skilled individuals.

Sadly, the most efficient solution is to just report them as they show up, and let whatever team that is responsible for such things ban them.
  3. Unidus

They already banned a decent amount of hackers. The problem is the hackers just make another account for free. I know Smed hates hackers as much as I do so I bet something is in the works.
  4. BanzaiBob

Unfortunately "something in the works" means little at the moment. The game is hacked to hell and back - no question about that one.
    As to SOE handling it, well keeping things quiet as regards to their plans has merit but looks to many as though there is nothing actually being done. We may log in one day and find everything working as intended, free of cheats till the end of time but until that day we just have to hope.

Many accusations can be put down to angry players or bugs in the system but far too many are outright cheats. Some no longer hide the fact they cheat due to the free to play model allowing them to simply create another account and carry on playing. My only solution for players is to withhold buying station cash until this is fixed - a drop in revenue does wonders for motivation. I am not advocating a boycott or anything extreme, just a little extra nudge in the right direction.
  5. Mansen

Yes you are.

I invite you to provide some documentation for your claims of "to hell and back". Hacking is a known issue but I cannot at all recognize it as being rampant, everywhere, everywhere or even "game changing".

Anti-Hacking is not a one time thing. Every time a hack is blocked off, a new one is likely to appear soon. You cannot - can not - foolproof a system.
    • Up x 1
  6. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

Please be sure to report any players hacking or otherwise exploiting the game to us in a support ticket. The link to do so can be found here:

http://help.station.sony.com/app/ask

Every report you submit not only leads us to the individual in question, but also to ensuring that whatever methods they used to exploit and looked into and resolved accordingly. Your assistance is appreciated!
  7. The Fizz

It's also become of problem since there are hackers, that those of us who are playing fair get accused of hacking because we owned someone and they use that as an excuse. I also know I have msi afterburner ready to record just in case so I have proof of someone hacking.
  8. Turn5ignal

You guys seem pretty sure that their hacking, but how can you tell without a killcam.
  9. Paxfounder

You can tell, if you play enough online fps games. You can tell the difference between someone has the advantage through latency...or hack. It's a combination of visual difference and feel.
  10. Basti

They are not.

SOE seems to ban by more than just account.
  11. Turn5ignal

I been playing fps games my whole life unless you see them snapping their is no way to tell. It's a proven fact gamers love to say everyone is cheating without any type of poof.
  12. Paxfounder

It depends on the game, the engine, the networking and how the hack is added/injected into the game. Once you learn and understand how they function...it's real easy to find them.
  13. Turn5ignal

Sure if you can see from their view, I get called a hacker on a daily basis in COD and PS2.
  14. Paxfounder

Nothing to do with seeing from "their view". It's just knowing how they are able to eliminate you avatar. For example, in bf3 when you are killed by a hacking player, it appears that someone just "turned" you off like a switch. There is no hit animation, no gradual life depletion......this is one variance in that game, but then their is also visual distinction through bullet tracers and spread patterns.

And for being called a hack in COD...well...we all know the "casual" type of conversations being thrown around in a call of duty game....not really PG nor high in IQ.
  15. Turn5ignal

All I'm saying is TRY to say is make sure the person is acually cheating before report them. Filling their inbox with rage reports is not going to help anyone.
  16. Turn5ignal

Yeah snapping and CoF can been seen but a lot of aimbots will try to emulate how a fast player would aim.
  17. Paxfounder

I will admit, the coders "hackers" are getting more clever.....well after all....they are making money.
  18. Turn5ignal

Have you ever looked at any of the hacker forums it's the weirdest, thing they seem to think it's ok or even cool.
  19. Paxfounder

Never been in the forums, you have to pay to get in...and that is how they make the money. The forum access costs money, but whatever is in the forums is free for the taking......dirty...but clever.
  20. Turn5ignal

Never been in a paid one just the free ones.