Things that needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kakarot, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Kakarot

1. Cheaters/Hackers - There has been a huge wave of hackers recently, a big problem for all F2P games. You ban them they will make new account and hack again. You IP ban them, they will just change/mask their IP. Real big problem that I'm not sure how to solve.

2. Anti Air - Rocketpods > all, they kill all units very effectively. When flying any air units they have nothing to be scared of. They are tanky and deal too much dmg.

3. Cert gain - unless you buy boost, cert gain is so slow that it is not encouraging to F2P players. Increase cert gain by 25-50% so F2P players can see progress. I have 100% increase of cert gain and I make about 40-70 certs an hour, I can only imagine F2P layers making 20-35 certs an hour. To unlock something that cost 1000 certs will take them 50 hours, that is too long. They will quit and call this game Pay 2 Win even though its not.

4. Station cashed unlocks account bound - this has been addressed and hopefully be added. When a user spends Station cash they want to feel that they can bring these items to any server they play on.

5. Infantry TTK is too fast - Infantry dies to everything right now. Tanks own them, air owns them, grenades own them.

6. Grenades are like nukes... not to mention all the Team Kill that happens with random nades

7. Team killing needs changing - TK damage should be reduced by 50%. So someone can't randomly kill you with a nade or it will take someone to unload a whole clip on you before you die. If a player kills you, you pretty much know its intentional because they have to unload the entire clip to deliberately kill you. There will be less random kills.

8. End-game - no end-game, take a whole continent and you won't feel rewarded. there is no real goals or end-game

This review is head on with the positive and negative about Planetside 2:
  2. Azill

+1
  3. Frizz

#1 - goes without saying

#The rest - lol, whine much?
  4. Orbital_Butt

8. Stupid Grandma interrupting me for No Good Reason! No Grandma i won't drive you to the pharmacy when i've got a 7/1 k/d ratio...WHAT I JUST PUT 50 ROUNDS INTO THAT GUY, I SAID PISS OFF OLD WOMAN
  5. Slyguy65

They need to either increase shield health or health it self...being a medic feels silly it takes longer to heal just health than it does to kill someone with shields and health at max....

Cert gain...dam right its too low...they need to add a real reward system in this game...what do we get on level up NOTHING, what do we get when we cap a continent NOTHING, what do we get when we defend a facility NOTHING.

"But you get a decal for leveling up, plus it is more of an identification...geez noob"
    **** NO SH*T RANKS ARE USED FOR IDENTIFICATION IRL!!! THIS IS A GAME I BETTER SEE A CERT BONUS OR SOMETHING ON LEVEL UP

"Um you get a discount for capp-"
    **** HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A CONTINENT WHERE YOU HAVE TO FIGHT THE OTHER 2 FACTIONS AT THE SAME TIME TO GET THOSE LAST TERRITORIES IT IS INSANE...BY DEFINITION!!!! AND ALL I GET IS A STUPID DISCOUNT???? HELL NO!, GIVE ME A BONUS FOR SITTING THERE FOR HOURS, ALSO LOCK THOSE THINGS OUT FOR A FEW HOURS THE BACK CAPPING IS SO SILLY THAT YOU LOSE SOMETHING AS SOON AS YOU GET IT.

"Um actually you get a boost to xp gain while defending" WOOOOW AMAZING...WELL GUESS WHAT NOT EVER DEFENSE TAKES A FEW HOURS...AND WITH THIS "XP BONUS" I FEEL THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT US TO DO, JUST SIT THERE AND FARM XP. NO! GIVE US MOTIVATION TO DEFEND GIVE US XP BONUS FOR DEFENDING LIKE WE WOULD FOR CAPPING

"But then everyone would just sit and defend..."
    NOPE, THEY NEED TO TAKE IT OVER TO AN EXTENT FOR IT TO COUNT AS "DEFENDED" ANYWAY. PLUS IF THEY ADD MORE INCENTIVE TO CARE ABOUT CAPTURING CONTINENTS YOU BET THEY WOULD FOCUS ON OFFENSE AND DEFENSE A LOT MORE EQUALLY.

If you didn't bother reading it don't bother responding to it...
  6. Slyguy65

Did you pay money to get ahead...maybe get that alpha squad thing, so your blind to the games downsides? Or do you not give a crap and are just another apathetic ****** who likes to just demoralize people on the internet
  7. G1n

careful, don't pop a vein.
  8. Orbital_Butt

RRRAAAHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHH
  9. G1n

10. Hosp

1. Agreed, but the complaining going on works against us, not them.

2. Agreed. The existing Anti-Air is currently doing a good job killing clouds.

3. Sounds about right. A little low w/o boosts, maybe, otherwise I see nothing wrong with this.

4. What you said.

5. Working as intended.

6. While grenade physics are still a little wonky, everything else is working as intended.

7. TKing is fine. But change grief so outfit mates and people in squad and/or platoon don't get grief.
  11. Kakarot

added a video that is very on point about all the positive and negative about PS2
  12. Marka Ragnos

There are wasy to solve hacking problems but it would require people to do too much work. Anyway they can have a F2P game that only requires you to write a letter(with a real return address) and sign it, and include your email address. Then they send keys to the return address or address on letter. That way if you cheat they ban all keys pertaining to that household. and they wont be able to get a new one without changing address. or opening a mail box over and over again which would be expensive after a while.

Too much work but it would work..
  13. Kakarot

they need to tag players somehow, whether it is by credit card, address, etc.
  14. MattClassic

One thing that does actually need fixing is the bug where, as engy, you drop an ammo box then switch to repair kit (helping out maxes for example) then for some reason you switch to primary and unload a few into the max.
  15. Zap-Robo

For me, the major issues are...

1. Render Distance - The server-side rendering needs to be improved, perhaps by focusing on rendering foes over friendlies, and prioritising based on your effective weapon distance,
    2. Weapon/Equipment Bug Fixes - Such as ammo not deploying in high traffic/latency area, instant Engineer repairs or under-barrel launchers not reloading consistently. No doubt SOE has a list of these bugs.
    3. Weapon Balance - Once the fixes are in then it'll be time to work a little on balance changes, perhaps based 90% on statistics and 10% on player perception. For an example of player perspective changes, give AT mines a small deploy radius so they can't be overlapped