VX6-7 attachments

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Hinge, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Hinge

What is your favourite VX6-7 setup?
  2. Bosjem

Reflex sight and laser. Hip fire like a boss (but i found it more suitable with LA than engineer)
  3. Hinge

That's currently what I play with, I still have to decide on soft point ammunition and barrel attachment.
  4. Velron

I've unlocked most attachments for my VX6-7. After extensively using both the advanced laser and the foreward grip, i really think the foreward grip is better. laser sight is great and makes your hip firing better, but its good even without it...where the weapon struggles is the longer range shots where the horizontal recoil pull the gun has becomes an issue to control to effectively put enough bullets in the target quick enough before they get to cover.

I run this on my VX6-7 which I use on both my Engineer and my LA.

HS/NV
    Soft point ammo
    Foreward grip

On the LA, when I'm planning on trolling in a tower or something I'll occasionally use

HS/NV
    Soft point ammo
    Advanced laser
    Supressor

This isn't ideal for all around though, and I never run it on my Engineer.
  5. Hinge

I'm now running soft point ammunition, forward grip and red dot sight. It's absolutely brilliant.
  6. Velron

Glad you like the setup!
  7. Xasapis

Without the foregrip this weapon is useless for anything beyond close range. The recoil is too severe and the clip empties too fast to compensate for that. Having unlocked both, foreward grip makes the weapon much more versatile and extend the effective range from close combat to medium range combat as well.

I'm not entirely sold on the soft point ammo, but I'm using it for now.
  8. InducedApathy

I went 1x reflex and advanced laser. It's so accurate from the hip (more than using aim). Staying away from the ammo and muzzle attachments for now since slugs for shotty seem to make it more of a medium range less damaging weapon. I've used it on engi just fine like on la. Engi with bottomless ammo though is perfect for pandora. Hard choice.