All Servers experience a problem with 3 Continents population

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by n00biz, Dec 3, 2012.

1. n00biz

*Are all servers experiencing problems with 3 Continents population
    I'm not sure about the other servers, but playing on Jaeger lately has been a drag. In our servers instance, Indar has (VS/TR/NC) 23%/60%/16% Esamir 48%/14%/36% Amerish 25%/21%/54%, with each of the highest pop owning the continent respectively. The population of each empire floods one of the continents and just mad caps the hell out of the one continent. It was like this now (just before server restart) and it was like this at around 8:00PM, when I logged because of this.. NO action. Sure on Indar (i'm TR) one of the opposing factions would start to take some bases but we would just bum rush them off and they would go back to their respected continent and whipe out what little forces we had on those continents. I would go to Esamir to go pick a fight with VS but 14% vs 48%, We would then get wiped out, go back to Indar, retake bases, rinse and repeat. Very dull... I was just wondering if other servers were experiencing this problem also.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jaquio

I'm on Jaeger as well and I think it's the single biggest issue for the game right now. Each faction is zerging their own continent. I'm NC, and my wife and I just tried to fight the TR on Indar, but our 16% was no match for the TR's 64% (both numbers based on when I logged off). My other options were either Esamir, which Vanu had 50% of the pop and had taken all hexes, or Amerish, which the NC controlled already, and were zerging the others.

So my choices were either a) bully an overwhelmed force for no gain other than farming kills, or b) get ground into pulp and farmed by enemy zergs.

When my wife and I logged off she said to me "you're not really enjoying this game anymore, are you?" And my answer was "not really" because of this issue. This is not fun.
  3. Elbryan

Just gotta wait for them to add more continents, home continents and remove sanctuaries on all continents but the home one.
  4. darkChozo

On Jaeger too and definitely agree. Makes me sad to see 50% VS on Esamir all the time. At least Ameresh opens up every so often, but something needs to be done to shake things up. Extra continents would help, and maybe continent locks.
  5. CobraFive

What really worried me is they want to add more continents.

The population already get so thinly divided between them that this will make the game worse, not better.

TBH I'd rather see only two continents available at a time, with which continents being available changing every 24 hours (One gets locked, another gets unlocked). It would focus to population to fight more focused and would give a bigger benefit to locking a continent, since you'd get the bonus for 24 hours when it locks.

And, at least on Genudine, it means we wouldn't be fighting on nothing but Indar every single night.
    • Up x 1
  6. Amiron

7. Medice

Yes. This is exactly a big issue.

The simplest quick fix would be to give exp bonuses depending on continental population balance, rather than based on whole server.
    This would give some incentive to balance out the population difference.
    • Up x 1
  8. Lord Byte

9. r.Tek

This is the one thing that has been putting me off from this game over the last week or so.

It seems like the continents are dead.

During what should be prime time, 2 factions typically make up most of the population while another faction sits at under 20%. Big battles are not as frequent as they once were. And during the late night hours, it gets even worse. As another user just said, each faction basically owns it own continent and is ignoring the others. I just logged off a few minutes ago because of this. The VS own Indar, NC own Esamir and the TR on Amerish.

I made a topic recently complaining about the lack of population on Amerish(Mattherson) because it seems like the only two continents that are some-what populated are Esamir and Indar.

I have friends who finally got around to downloading the game today only for them to get in game and see empty continents with very little action. They uninstalled shortly after that.

Not to mention a lot of people like myself create videos for this game and we can't put up any footage because fun battles are rare nowadays. And YT videos are pretty much free advertisement for SOE.

I'm not sure if there are too many servers that players are spread out across or what, but something needs to happen now. I will forward this thread to Smedley via e-mail and twitter so we can get this addressed.
  10. n00biz

Yeah, i'm online right now and populations (on Jaeger) are practically the same, after the server restart. It's been like this pretty much all day. I'm trying to fight in Esamir right now, and VS is at 50% and TR 30%, that's a bit better i guess, but that's still a pretty huge gap. I honestly don't know what NC is doing right now, because that's the best looking fight on the server right now... Kinda pathetic
  11. badname02

Same problems here bro. But they're working to fix this: They're gonna add a few more continents and stuff when they get the game more stable and optimized. Focus on leveling your favorite characters and hope it comes soon! I hope it does, even though I greatly and thoroughly enjoy the game despite performance issues and this issue you brought forward.
  12. Dbars

Um? sorry but your guys server sucks. Over on the only good server Mattherson things like this only happen at 4am. Adding more continents is not going to help its only going to make looking for good fights harder and i will probably end up quitting when i see that happen.
  13. n00biz

Sucks, waited to long for the planetside sequal, had a blast in beta, but this is just ugh... kinda hard to get Certs when their is no one to shoot at, or you have 50 guns to your lonesome. They should have just implemented continents in 2 by 2, instead of releasing with 3, for each empire to try and safeguard. That would have been the easiest work around.
  14. Themagikz

I'm on Jaeger, been playing for most of the day and night, seen some crazy fights on Indar, Idk if you noticed it, but we had the Vanu deadlock our entire armored convoy to the far west coming up on Hvar. I've seen non-stop action no matter where I go, and isn't that the point? It doesn't matter where you're fighting, it's just a matter of equal sized armies duking it out. I personally want to see more Continents, because if you spread populations thinner, it's harder to maintain control over continents, which makes continents flop a lot easier instead of people camping the **** outta their home continent. I love Jaeger, I've played other servers and I hate it. I've seen you around n00biz and I'm quite sure you'd agree there's been some hot action on Indar. It's only these past few days that the continents have locked up hard. Maybe it's a seasonal trend or just the community getting settled into more normal playtimes.

TL;DR = More continents result in better population across continents, spreading forces thinner and making changes in dominance more frequent.
  15. Dbars

Come to mattherson where there is always 300 vs 300 on every cont. all times of the day. problem solved.

EDIT. having more than 3 cont at a time will break the game. You will have no one to shoot at. Trust me on this one IT WILL HAPPEN.
  16. Themagikz

That's not a solution, merely a suggestion...
  17. Dubious

We all knew this would happen since you cant take warpgates (yet)

Continents also need to show faction pop and not just % and a locked lock if its reached max pop for your faction

PS1 is perfect in this way, cause you have all the info you need and conts can be locked
    locked = you cant drop to that continent and only way to go there is via a warpgate
    that would lock out beacons too until you take a base
  18. r.Tek

300 vs 300 all the time on Mattherson? I'm on Mattherson and the continents feel like ghost towns for most of the day.

Amerish is usually TR dominated and no one is there to challenge them. Indar and Esamir are usually the only some-what populated continents.
  19. n00biz

Mattherson was the first server I tried, and it was exactly the same. I left that server to see if the others were doing the same and at the time Jaeger was doing just fine with all 3 continents with a pretty even population spread. It's not constantly like this, but it happens for chunks at a time, like today Amerish was TR (along with Indar) and pretty decent fights were going on their all day (up until around 8:00 central) and we got pushed way back on Amerish, went back to Indar to push the Vanu back to keep it Red, Vanu then went to Esamir (which was Purple), NC cleaned up Amerish, and now we're all stuck in limbo
  20. Themagikz

Lol, I noticed that too, the real issue is most of our server's population seems to log after 8pm central. The limbo you see is just small squads duking it out, and maybe a brief 30 minute 100 vs 100 battle over a tech plant.