Tank Mines vs. Deployed Sunderer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by d1spatch, Dec 3, 2012.

1. d1spatch

IMO tank mines shouldn't be able to detonate on a deployed sunderer, or any stationary vehicle for that matter. If an engineer puts mines at a location of a stationary vehicle that vehicle should have to move in order for them to detonate.
  2. Some1

They really should be pressure sensitive. Its not like they are claymores or anything.

And it makes c4 and rocket launchers useless.
  3. Jestunhi

It doesn't make them useless, it gives another option.

A HA is hardly going to see a sunderer and run all the way to the nearest equipment terminal to change to engineer because rockets are useless.

I'm a sunderer driver who hasn't unlocked mines and I see no problem with it as it is.
  4. d1spatch

Mines should only activate when pressurized, yes, so a mine that has just been placed under a stationary vehicle shouldn't just all of a sudden activate because its there.
  5. Tasogie

remember this is a SiFi setting, mines can be seen as a scan detonate system. So when it registers a target within range it detonates.
    • Up x 1
  6. nibew

no

pressure mines are old tech if you read some info about modern mines you will get the idea

from wiki

Code:
    Several advances have been made in the development of modern anti-tank mines, including:

more effective explosive payloads (different explosive compounds and shaped charge effects)
        use of non-ferrous materials making them harder to detect
        new methods of deployment (from aircraft or with artillery)
        more sophisticated fuzes (triggered by seismic effects or combinations of effects)
        sophisticated "anti-handling" devices to prevent or discourage tampering or removal.

seismic effect!!

deployed sundy still works that make noise and ground shaking means mine will explode
  7. Dornez

Drop 2 mines, throw grenade.
    Drop 2 mines, shoot 1 mine 3 times.
    Drop 2 mines, wait for them to time out...they explode after about 30 min.

No matter what, if an eng places 2 mines on the ground, your sundy is hosed.

FYI you can do the same thing with C4 just takes a few more. Even if you kill the guy, the C4 is still stuck to your sundy, and he can detonate it after he revives.
  8. Neodrauka

Also until the people annoyed by my mines learn to buy mineguard for their vehicles they shall continue to be blown into tiny pieces of scrap. Since I found the wonder of these beautiful little packages I have been a successful little suicide bomber.

*Sunderer packed with 8 people*

:eek: !!!!

*Sprints into enemy assault column*

boom.

:D
  9. Hellkyte

I actually agree about placing mines on a deployed sunderer. Wow, this is like the first "change" thread I think has merit. It's not all that common though, and really if an engineer is close enough to do this he could also just C4 you.
  10. Germanius_GER

You can have the mines sensitive to pressure, i take those magnetic one. Mines are balanced in my opinion.
  11. Tasogie

mines are very well balanced, people just dont want to use
    Mineguard
    people just dont want to use their eyes to see mines
    people just dont want to get into squads an have a ligth infantry skill into the ability to see mines an point them out to team mates.
    • Up x 2
  12. Neodrauka

Also on top of above posters suggestions, scopes with IR can detect placed mines REALLY easily also, I believe you can get IR guns for most vehicles too. Plenty of ways to avoid death people just want to QQ and not actively look for solutions to their problems.
  13. Recca

MINEGUARD

MINEGUARD

MINEGUARD

Try it sometime, I know I do.
    • Up x 1
  14. Achmed20

which is anoying because in theory c4 is way more powerfull then a mine.

other then that, i agree! they shouldnt explode when placed unter a stationary vehicle.
  15. Tasogie

AT mines are much MUCH more powerful than a block of C4 (in real world), but they are also 5x bigger than a block of C4 too so....
  16. MegaSmiley

Why do some of you think that mines should be stuck on WW1 technology? Proximity sensing mines are perfectly reasonable from a tech standpoint.

From a gameplay perspective, if you are dumb enough to leave your vehicle unguarded then the engi deserves that kill xp. Adapt or die.
  17. Eleniaki

As I said in another thread about the SAME FRIGGING SUBJECT!

All these whining threads are showing that mines are finally starting to work as intended.
  18. Wesreidau

The old anti-tank tactic on the Eastern Front was to put an anti-tank mine on a tank's track as it rolled over your trench then wait for the tank to roll a few yards this way or that and explode. Engineers that get up close need to be a tank's biggest threat, but I understand the frustration at being parked and blown up with a mine. I've yet to lose a tank to a mine on a bridge or road, but three times now its been a suicidal Engineer.

I think if the AT mines simply had a minimum speed to detonate this problem would be solved. If you check your tank for any engineer presents, you can sl-l-o-o-w-w-l-y move away from the trap. Tank mines will still effectively stop tanks at choke points even if spotted, since the slow-moving tank is now an easy hit for AT rockets.
  19. Zardoc

No.

That is all.
  20. d1spatch

Mines are not working as intended at all...Mineguard DOES NOT WORK because mines detonate on top and beside vehicles and apply their damage as so. THEY ARE BROKEN. Stop saying **** when you don't have a clue.

Think about this whole situation logically...The fact that some engineer can just float in and blow up a stationary sunderer DOESN'T MAKE SENSE PERIOD. This would require the engineer to crouch, and place mines UNDER THE SUNDERER. This is not what happens though, engis come in and just throw them on top and to the side. This is NOT how mines should work, end of story.