Welcome to PlanetStack/Farm 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlueGreen, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BlueGreen

I would just like to say Im sick of seeing like continents with up to 85% of one faction on it and as little as 1% even of others factions. I join that continent and watch as 30+ guys pick on the one or two guys who dare to want to play on that continent. Are people really so interested in farming their battlerank and utterly facerolling any guy or group of guys who like to try and play on that continent.

I mean those continent bonuses are meaningless every day you wake up some faction has farmed it during the night with no resistance. People are not interested in trying to enjoy a good fight against the odds (which is the most fun for me) but they are just interested in joining a massive stack farm where they can enjoy massive kills and little deaths and lots of xp.

Now just so people understand me I enjoy the cert gaining and xp and ranks; in fact I wouldnt mind if it was harder. Its just when people neglect the whole war aspect of the game and single mindedly farm every new player/player looking for a challenge to the point of extinction is just sad! You know what Im saying is true.

Overall I would just like to say its a great game, just a shame about these kind of things happening.
    • Up x 2
  2. TheGroggyOne

Of course, it's all about certs, which is all about xp. There'll be time to play after I have all my certs, until then, zergling I am.
  3. AngryFire

Its like that now, on two cont's on Waterson. The TR have 60% and 80% pop on both. Most of the time this only happens late in the evening/early am. Tis ok, gives me something to do when i can come in and play. The cont dominance bonuses really dont mean squad now so its not to big a deal, just more chance to farm the kills/certs re-taking the lost land.

If we make it past any balance issues and the hacking and we see more cont's added and PS2 grows i think we will see less and less of this. Maybe, we will see.
  4. FA_Q2

It is an unintended side effect of the meta game. Essentially, you are 'rewarded' for owning a cont so the zerg is flowing to the continent that they see as captureable.

I like the benefits (and think they should be stronger) but I don't know what to do about the current state of things. Right now, I either end up fighting an impossible wave, joining the impossible wave or go to the crown where the server refuses to render anyone past 10 meters (or even the damn rockets that are hitting my tank).

I honestly don't know what needs to be done but something needs to be addressed.
  5. Ryloxx

The fact that you have blamed the player, and gone on to say what a great game it is while completely ignoring the fact people are only playing by the rules of the game is troubling.

30+ guys farming two guys for xp never happened, not in this or any other world. In fact, I've seen this situation a number of times and it's so incredibly boring they probably just don't know what else to do. This is SOE's problem, because after locking a continent nothing happens. This point has too many holes, considering I could simply spin this around and say your guys are stupid for fighting in a 30v2. That isn't my point however, as I can see the game itself is broken in this situation.

No one is interested in farming 30v2 for battlerank, not only is it the most boring thing you could ever do in Planetside, surprisingly it doesn't work very well either in terms of xp gain. The game just doesn't tell you to move on.

You've then gone on to solidify your point about how all the other players are just so "mean" to new players. Sorry, what you are saying is false. No one is doing what you claim, and if they are it is an outfit that is doing it. In this case, again it is the opposing teams fault for continuing to spawn on this continent. The fact you blame someone else for how YOU personally play the game, makes me sick. Looking for a challenge? Go to a continent that has your main force, or join a large outfit that would actually coordinate an attack. Saying 2 guys should be able to survive against 100 is outrageous.

Again I'll be the nice one here, and despite the fact I think you've lost your mind I'll again blame SOE. Continents should be locked to prevent this exact situation you've described. It's not fun for anyone involved, as there is no real way to "win" a continent this will continue on until they find a way to make that possible.

This all comes down to poor game design, we've been saying it since beta and no one at SOE cares. You thinking this is the fault of the player saddens me.

In case this argument isn't sufficient and you still somehow believe everyone the game is out to get you, stop spawning where 30 guys are camping and complain you died. Learn to use your head before randomly plopping yourself in the middle of a war and then blaming the enemy for being there, and resorting to name calling because they kill you.
  6. BlueGreen

No need to say im sick and Ive lost my mind; I am thinking very clearly thanks. But my point is still very valid people just go off and massively stack a single continent and its all over so very easily all the time. Yes I do enjoy fighting against the odds and I always join large squad and groups and try to do so as well.

Many times I was in 2 squads or so then next thing I know we get overwhelmed by like 2 platoons or so then I noticed the continent was like over double stacked against us all of a sudden and your blown from kingdom come everywhere u go after that. Wheres the rest of your faction? doing the same thing to another faction on another continent. You cant say this doesn't happen because it does, because people get maximum reward from it because they either like winning easy or farming easy.

Finally I would just like to say most people will be against me in this argument because they probably prefer to do it too. Also yes the game design needs works and I hope the people with 20+ k/d ratio remember their great stats come from those pushing hard for objectives and healing, repairing, etc... and fighting the good fight thanks.
  7. Dbars

stacking is dumb i would rather have good fun fights.
  8. ShriekXL

I'm getting better isk cert-per-hour when I join the lower populated continents. That said, I prefer actually shooting stuff, rather than following the herd around.
  9. HadesR

You get more XP capturing a well defended base ( Kills etc ) than you do capturing an empty base, so people are just shooting themselves in the foot joining a cont when they have 60 +% domination
  10. Lord Byte

I've got a post up for an easy solution that should solve that problem, and I'm not really getting any dissenting voices, have a look: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-decisions-that-can-easily-be-improved.56749/