Suggestion: Everytime a continent is captured, swap warpgates.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Baleur, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Baleur

This was discussed in beta, and I tend to agree.
    Right now we mostly see one third of the map, the area we occupy. VS, TR and NC.
    In beta where the warpgates were swapped each major patch, we got to see all of the map, for an equal amount of time.
    I miss this, alot.

it would help alot with the 'boredom' of always fighting in the same bases, and give fresh avenues for attack and defence as previously East was the danger zone, now becomes West instead. Bases have a different feel dependin on where you approach from.

And it would give a more noticable change when continents are captured.
    Agree, disaree?
    • Up x 2
  2. JakeLunn

I don't know... I kind of like the sense of home you tend to develop for the bases closest to your warp gate.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lord Byte

I like the idea, the problem is that the current system means they have to transplant the base properties by hand, meaning a completely "new map" (every patch where they did this the continent needed to be replaced). I think a regular (monthly) swap would be good enough.

There are locations that give a huge advantage to that side and it shows (current VS warpgate on Esamir).
  4. Kristan

No! Enemy will find secret documents P.R.O.N. in my locker!
  5. o.Solei.o

Anything like this or the bi-monthly rotation from beta. I love being able to fight in new areas, and while I enjoy having some home-court advantage in base and terrain knowledge, it's going to get really stale, really fast.
  6. MartianDiscoFish

An interesting idea certainly
    Though some bases like the Vanu archives and NC arsenal were clearly meant for a certain faction to own it.