This game is bad without tutorial

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mohd Faris, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Mohd Faris

Im really annoyed with this game without a single guide knowing u wtf is going on that took u 20-30 mins to figure it out.

I showed my friends that there is a new game called planetside 2,so I let them play the game until they ask me "WTF IS THIS ? where is the tutorial?" "How did you go 3rd person inside a vehicle?" "What is the objective and what is the button to talk?"

My friends rage quit and unistall the game because he doesn't know wtf is going and he doesn't even know how to fly the dam aircraft.

The game is bad without tutorial and don't tell me that u have to be smart to figure that out because the game is already in a complex level ......
  2. Gavyne

He's a console player yes? Or someone who doesn't play FPS games often? While I agree this game needs to be a bit more newbie friendly, mostly in ways of more intuitive design in base captures and some tutorials here and there, I don't think it's that bad.

First and foremost, any FPS gamers and even MMO gamers know to go through the keybinds first. This way you can get the controls set to the way you like it. As you go through keybinds, you notice things such as the button to change camera angle in a vehicle, the button to voice talk, and tens of other buttons & controls. You don't need a tutorial to tell you these things, just go through the keybinds like most gamers do before they start really playing.

How to fly a plane? I gotta say I suck at flying the plane especially with another aircraft on my rear, but flying isn't hard. It's like driving a vehicle but you're in the air. Is your friend old enough to drive a car? There's nothing hard about it, except that some people just can't get used to flying a plane.

People that rage quit so quickly normally don't last long in these FPS games, and they definitely aren't the type that spend money. Even with tutorials, he'll just find something else to rage about. Again, not saying this game can't use some tutorials, like base capture tutorials. But the ones you asked about are just laziness of someone not wanting to go through keybinds.
  3. VKhaun

I disagree with Gavyne in general. PS2 does so many unusal things it really needs a tutorial.

People don't realize cone of fire is in effect when looking down the sights, and they're all running around with recoil reducing attachments firing 30 rounds at a time and whining about how one faction is OP because it gets the best results using the weapons badly.

People don't realize how base fields work and you have a huge zerg fest all over a base with only about ten vs ten at the generators, and sometimes whole sieges go by and no one tries to take out the SCU.

Infantry sit there and spawn and die a hundred times in a row to aircraft rather than going and getting an aircraft to fight back, or get run down by a dozen tanks and lightnings without ever asking what base they should be taking to keep armor available at the front line for their side.

The games lets you spend certs on useless attachments like fore grips for bolt action rifles.

It needs a quick tutorial zone. Spawn. Shoot a distant target full auto and look what spread does. Now control the recoil and look how it STILL SPREADS OUT EVEN IF YOU CONTROL THE RECOIL SO YOU NEED TO BURST, this is a base... if you see a field look for a generator... if the generators are down you can now attack the SCU to stop them from spawning... This is the kind of base you need for armor.

Armor is anti armor.
    Air is anti air.
    Infantry is anti infantry and, IN NUMBERS, anti-air and anti-armor, but not solo.

Of course... if they actually did that, the forum whines would go away and the entire forum would be nothing but people whining about hacks and they'd have to close the forum or delete every thread as it gets made.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gavyne

Doesn't sound like you disagree with me at all, I already said the base capture tutorial is needed. Or at the very least make them more intuitive ingame so people know what steps they need in order to take the forcefield down. The OP brought up about controls, and I stated that not everything needs a tutorial because you can and should go through the keybinds before you play a game.
  5. BANGbangBANG

You should have been a better friend and stayed with him and explained the game better.

Just kidding i think it would be cool if they made an out of game intro where you could learn the cert system and how to find 3 way battles as opposed to 2 way battles. Learn to fly and drive vehicles in 3rd and first person and teach players that they might want to turn off their head lights when parked behind the only ams sundy in the area.

Maybe players could play it while they wait for the game to patch.
  6. Tiny

The lack of tutorial is horrible, specially for a game that went F2P. I'm sorry but a LOT of the players who come to this game are trying it out who have no knowledge of PS1. I remember my first time, make character, gets dropped to the ground, changes settings, mouse sensitivity and resolution since it was wrong, save settings, choose a spawn, the, what, I dont even ... Welcome to PlanetSide 2.
  7. DeadlySinner

So, you missed the "Getting Started" button right above "Play," AND the big-*** "New Recruit?" panel in the launchpad that brings you right to the tutorial videos that cover almost everything?
  8. Gavyne

You aren't supposed to mention that, because they don't want to tell you they're like all gamers, always so eager to jump in and play without reading anything. Remember there was a time when people actually read manuals lol. But now people are supposed to be smarter and more intuitive, but yet apparently that's not the case.

I'm not calling anybody not smart, just saying there are resources out there as stated above. But I bet you most people don't want to read anything, as they are just wanting to download and hop into the game right away. And if they're like me, even if a game presents me with ingame tutorials upon login, I always check that box that says "never display again" and close it lol.
  9. rivaLxfactor

There are a full line of tutorials available in the game launcher.... These tutorials goover many of the basics to help you along the way :) If you do not like accessing them through the browser you can go to the main Planetside 2 YouTube page.

Coming soon to the Planetside 2/SOE network is a new show that features all of the unlocks available in the game for all 3 factions. We will go over what situations to use them in, attachment options, how to shoot them and master them featuring live gameplay :) This will be launching within the next week :)