I think more people need to learn how to fly.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DirkDeadeye, Dec 2, 2012.

1. DirkDeadeye

Maybe I'm wrong. And i'm certainly capable of that. And I'm just trying to get a constructive discussion here. But I think the AA in this game is just designed to be a deterrent, rather than a solution. As most AA is designed to be an denial of entry to a base or location.

AA in my eyes is a hot shot fighter pilot who keeps his tanks safe from liberators. His galaxies dropping folks down on the biolabs by taking out the ESF's harassing them.

Someone who either /suicides and pulls a fighter when the call is made to clear the skies..or someone who flies almost exclusively.

A lot of times when I'm playing I notice my faction loses the sky because we just have such a small amount of fighters in the air.. OR we're warpgating them.. And that's pretty warranted..the closer to the WG you get..the more fighters you're going to contend with.

Also, I'd link to think that targeting locations that have accessible reload pads and aerospace terminals first is another solution towards cutting down on the annoying tank busting Libs and ESF's..

I think anyone being victimized by rocket pods on the ground has had more of a disservice by their own factions actions..rather than the games design.

So head over to a continent that your faction has a bit of influence on..fly around for while..get comfortable with it. Punish the rival factions for not sending birds in the air by busting their armor columns.

The call for more AA would give MBT's too much power. No adjacency to a techplant? oh you're done.
  2. Frizz

Unfortunately some vocal forumsiders would rather complain about air instead of learning how to use it.

Well known secret: You earn *way* more certs (25-50% more) on the ground than in the Air. Rocket-spam might seem like a the road to quick certs, but the down time for flying is huge.
  3. RectalSailboat

I have been ignoring flying entirely because of how strongly I dislike the default controls, but don't really remember how to set them to something usable. But I guess I am going to log on and give it a try and see how it goes, because you are probably right.
  4. Sikab

Ever heard of something called "talent"?

Some ppl are just not capable of learning how to fly, like myself.

Some ppl suck as Infantry and lose every gunfight, while their top pilots. That's how the world goes, and the game balance should go.
  5. RemingtonV

There are also greifers, people who know how to fly. but use that skill to deliberately crash into your vehicles, since reflipping a Galaxy is harder and reflipping a liberator is impossible. Like I said on one of my posts, it is bad when you have lost more birds to teammates than enemies.
  6. iGamer1990

im real good at being infrantry but pilot well lets just say im not good but i cant complain i just gotta learn that is all i know i will eventually be a good pilot
  7. DirkDeadeye

The biggest hurdle after controls. Is awareness. People get shot to pieces because they were too low, and went upwards. Or shot straight forward.
    • Up x 1