State of the game : HACKED

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MattHigbjaz, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clail

All shooters have hackers. My issue with PS2 is there is apparently nothing anyone can do about them.

In any lobby based shooter you can vote to have them kicked from the game. Clearly not a option in PS2 at this point.
    Perhaps SoE will have some kind of reporting system in place sometime, but even then, account bans are pretty worthless in a game that is free to play. I imagine most hackers these days know how to get around an IP ban as well.

I'm not sure how they plan on dealing with it, and at this point I would say they've set themselves up for failure with regards to dealing with hackers, unless they develop a effective detection system.

Either way, it would be nice to hear SoE keep in touch with their community on efforts to deal with the problem.
  2. Kairus

As a professional gamer, CAL-I MLG CoD Halo BF ARMA CS Quake Minecraft MoH pro for 14 years if someone kills me they're hacking. I know this because I have a Ph.D in gaming and I know how to 360 noscope headshot people. There is no way a regular person is able to kill me without hacks. I'm sick and tired of dieing to these hacking noobs, if SOE doesn't fix it, I'm going to call my friends at the CIA to come here and fix this problem.

I'm also a former Navy SEAL. I killed Bin Laden.
    • Up x 6
  3. Fab

^lol that made my evening!
  4. PoopMaster

There are no doubt some hackers, but I can guarantee a majority of people complaining are mistaking good players for hackers. One guy reported me when the servers were bugging out; some in this community ain't the brightest of the bunch.
  5. Badname3073

:eek:
  6. Kairus

Glad I could help :p. On a serious note, I've seen a few hackers (2-3). Last night I saw a speed hacker, I assume he was aimbotting as well. I just don't see it as being as widespread as all the threads complain about. Maybe it's just not so bad on Waterson.
  7. SnowwMan

I've seen the hack yes it works. So much for me going to membership and I was going too, until i saw this. Freinds of mine said the game could not be hacked because it was a MMO boy are they wrong! :( So Sony you going to fix it ? Just another hacked FPS such a shame. I agree with alot of what ive read here ban them and FTP they are back in minutes unless you do it by IP.
  8. Kairus

Banning by IP won't do anything. Banning by MAC wouldn't do anything either. Both are easy to change/spoof. The only real way to stop them is to inconvenience them a lot.
  9. Evilnox

hahaha nice.
  10. Warna Bayangan

Hackers usually look for a challenge... if the guy developped it and found out it worked, he is probably doing something else atm... Skript kids on the other hand, are high on whinning "clubbing baby seals" style. If you ban a skript kid IP side, it is very likely he will never come back unless he find a hackware that allows him to cicle IPs :) (which happens to be highly illegal in many countries btw)

Every company has it's own security policy and SOE has already communicated PR side that they would not tolerate any sort of MODS (hacks included). Some companies decide to publicly anounce what has been done and what they plan on doing, giving numbers etc but given the nature of the conflict and the effect it can have on a company's image, you can't expect corporates to be all that happy about making the numbers public.

P.S.: Is it PSN that had a bad moment PR-wise a while back, regarding that? If so then you should expect them to be VERY cautious about what they say on the subject. Most likely they will say nothing but act.

TLDR: It's very hasardous for a company to make comments on security issues whether they are in their good right or not. Don't expect any reply unless they are 100% sure, that, what they say, won't blow up in their face, in unexpected ways. :)
  11. -a4-

Well I hope that SoE come up with some way to inconvenience them soon if they want sub money from me. I was considering a 12 month subscription but have been introduced to the wrong end of at least one aimbot in this game on a few occaisions. For as long as that keeps happening, my wallet will be closed and I will view PS2 as "just another F2P game with script kiddies".

Meanwhile the writers of the hacks get their sub money from the script kiddies. Competiton in a free market.
    Sony Online Entertainment LLC, you need to do something if you want subscriptions from people who refuse to use hacks.
  12. 13lackCats

I lub the guys who cry about hacking.

Isn't better to cry about something outside of one's control than take the time to investigate their own personal opportunities to improve?

What?!?!?!1?!

Own my game experience?!?!?!

Are you MAD!!?!?!
  13. ArmaGetItOn

The real issue is that cheaters can and will literally destroy the game if they go too far unchecked.

In the near future, cheats in PS2 could possibly look like this

That player is swinging his knife at the air, killing players with it that are 100s of meters away. This cheating program is exploiting BF3's hit detection system, something that PS2's hit detection shares similarities with.

Players use this kind of cheat because they think it's funny to clear servers. Players in PS2 don't have the luxery of just joining a new server, so it's a more complicated issue, one that could drive most the playerbase away.
  14. Phyr

The saving grace of BF3 servers is player admins can ban.
  15. Warna Bayangan

Welcome to the rest of the world.... what the hell is a boose ID btw?o_O
    You people need to show a card or something, to buy a friggin beer?o_O
    Local authorities will tell SOE to do it themselves. Not to mention that they would have to go thru the apropriate law texts, to do it without putting themselves at risk by doing so.
  16. Warlyik

Banning by IP and MAC address will inconvenience even the most experienced "hackers" because it requires them to utilize additional processes.

Moreover, most of the "hackers" here aren't the ones doing the programming. Most of them can't even program if they wanted to. These are the people downloading (bought or free) the programs made by others and simply using something ready-made for whatever game they're playing. If you ban them, chances are they might try to find a VPN or something to get around it - but even that can be dealt with. 99% of the guys "hacking" aren't going to find it productive to continue once they've been perma-banned through methods that don't involve simply closing an account.

If you're suggesting they hire a bunch of game mods to constantly monitor these cheaters and actively "mess with them" in game as some sort of deterrence.. that's a little stupid if you ask me.
  17. ArmaGetItOn

Yes, good admins make for the most fun servers. Bad admins are why I'm banned from most of the 24/7 karkand servers.
  18. Phyr

Well yes, double edged sword and whatnot.
  19. Sugarfree

Navy SEALs sux big time, come to my SAS-team ...
    ----> Oh ****, we are better and that's for we are cheating ? :D

Jokes apart: why not impose a credit card/debit card for creating an account ? Only for registration purposes. It's easier to "ban" a card than a IP address and I guess that after 2-3 cards those ******** will be out of them...

/working as intended
  20. hsal9

While this is the usual fps player mentality, this game is really loaded with hackers. Made a char this morning on EU (Miller) and in about 10 minute span my NC squad encountered 3 hackers. No, not just good players, talking about guy speeding around the map strafing at 50 mph while landing every single shot he made. Vanu guy with shotgun magically appearing next to 10 people in a row and one shotting them, blinking quite obviously.You might be fine cause you personally don't encounter hackers (I never seen this before today, here since beta), but this kinda opened my eyes on amount of hackers and just how easy it is to derp around literally unpunished. There needs to be something done, even an active gm/admin would help but lets face it, wont happen. It can only hurt the games reputation in long run (or not so long, just wait till "gaming media" gets on top of this with their bombastic headlines ;) )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.