State of the game : HACKED

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MattHigbjaz, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St0mpy

Yes theoretically machine hashing can be broken, anything can be broken - but its not about making an impenetrable castle, its about making the walls so tall that the vast majority of exploiters give up and go to another game.

Its time for machine hashing, it answers all the problems with F2P accounts, and if you allow a single hashed item to exist in a machine we also get around any problems if the cheater sells the parts on ebay (eg a machine hash of 5 or more items with any combination over one item resulting in a block).
    • Up x 1
  2. Apina

Obvious troll is obvious.
  3. mercTanko

Statistics, F'ing lol - Who is coming up with them and where are they getting their numbers from? Quit generalizing - it isnt good for you or the community.
  4. Jourmand1r

This game is an FPS.

ALL FPS GAMES HAVE PROBLEMS WITH HACKERS. ALL OF THEM. PLANETSIDE 1 HAD HACKERS. BF3 HAS HACKERS. CALL OF DUTY HAS HACKERS.

PLANETSIDE 2 IS NOT THE ONLY GAME WITH HACKERS. LET IT GO AND LET SONY FIX IT BEFORE YOU START FREAKING OUT.
  5. Limabean

One way to deal with them, at the end
    • Up x 1
  6. Jourmand1r

People really need to get a grip with the "no anti cheat" nonsense.

Punkbuster doesnt work. All it does is require manual updates for some people that confuse the crap out of casual gamers.

I know this is a lot of PS2 players first FPS game ever, but Aimbots are part of FPS.

Every FPS ever made has an Aimbot problem. Just accept it and trust SoE to deal with it.
  7. Badname3073

No, the best thing is requiring the actual identity when registering. Also let SOE do a background check too. Drunk driving? Get shafted.
  8. Jourmand1r

wow. just wow.
  9. Badname3073

But why not? You give your identity everywhere else already. Bank account? ID. Credit card? ID. Boose? ID. Internet connection? ID. So who gives a flying **** at this point? Wanna F2P? ID or ****.
    • Up x 1
  10. Badname3073

Besides, imagine that the fellow TR next to you is a child molester IRL. Would you be proud of it? Background check would solve that.
  11. Badname3073

Those applying to TR should also be required to have a good moral character. Divorce record? Good riddance.
  12. Klagmire

Kinda sucks they can do that. Too bad SOE wont doo anything about it.
  13. Badname3073

Vanu applicants should provide a proof of purchase of the entire Gundam anime series.
  14. Joe444444444444

I think you know the difference between a game like CoD where you can simply jump servers to avoid a hacker... and how it's a bit more complex than that in a game like PS2.
  15. Joe444444444444

I didn't see him promote any specific cheat, so what does he have to gain here?
  16. St0mpy

no, theyd lose 90% of their normal non griefing non cheating audience too

PS is a global game, not every country has the same ID, co-ordinating checks globally would be costly, use a huge amount of administration and need top level access to many countries databases they may not want to give. The result would be patchy access and limited continent populations.

And what about fake IDs? Its the internet, not only are SSNs and DLNs available, who knows if you just borrowed your dads, brothers, some unrelated friends? Thats even worse than griefing on an anonymous account.

Just machine hash us already, its the price we pay for a secure F2P game, im in, ive nothing to hide, what about you guys?
    • Up x 3
  17. Evilnox

You guys need to quit making me second guess getting a 6 month sub. You make me feel like there is a bomb about to explode ruining everything and the only person that can defuse it is a blind guy with no arms and a pair of scissors in his mouth.
  18. Badname3073

It is very simple. SOE should delegate ID verification to the local authorities, which should verify and endorse each account application.
  19. Tantal

At least in that scenario someone is doing something about the bomb.
    • Up x 1
  20. St0mpy

Should, ok, well they wont, for the reasons above

I put blind guy no arms scissors defusing bomb into google images hoping for greatness, but with no success. Heres some hair pulling instead.

[IMG]

Machine hashing, its the only way. Just do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.