The person who does the most damage should get the kill...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Slyguy65

NOT THE ONE WHO GETS LAST SHOT!!!

Seriously you talk about kill stealing...mostly accidental but still.

I really notice it when it comes to anti vehicle...i would unload on a sunder and one shot left...BAM stolen...i have also been the stealer...just saying its messed up how kills are based like a race and not on credit....
    • Up x 1
  2. LordBelak(!)

Or they could make it so you get experience for dealing damage.
    • Up x 1
  3. Littleman

Technically you do but... ehhhhhhhh. Not nearly as much as actually getting the kill. They really should just reward everyone the same for hitting something. I know I know... that'll just encourage people to tag and forget. Pretty sure there won't be more than 3-4 seconds between shots though. Sounds like a good grace period before awarding just assist exp in my opinion.
  4. PeterLawford

There's a big difference between damaging a target and killing it. Damaged things can get healed, but dead things are dead. That's the important part. A tank will stay in there and trade damage with you for a while before he thinks about running away, and it's the taking him down before he gets away that should be rewarded, and it is.
    • Up x 1
  5. wolfva

I'd like to see the most damage get the kill; but damaging gets exp like it currently does.
  6. Jokester

No, you couldn't do this because people get healed. It wouldn't hurt to increase the xp for assists, though. Especially critical assists, which I think means you did more than 1/2 damage. Sometimes I get critical assists when the gun runs into a building where another guy is hiding. And in that case the guy could have found a medic or something.

But realistically, I don't have too many kills stolen. In most cases where I get a kill "stolen," it was one in which if I had gotten the kill someone else could have felt the same way.
  7. Vonluckner

XP based on % damage done on kill. Only solution.

If you can't land the killing blow that's too bad. KDR is just numbers. Remember that.
  8. Pax Empyrean

This would make bolt-action rifles fairly ridiculous. They do more than half of a target's health in a single shot. Anybody you shoot once is a guaranteed kill for you. I don't really like that idea, although I do think that assists should be better rewarded than they are currently.
  9. Jourmand1r

Lol. This is an FPS guys not WoW.

The person who killed the enemy gets the kill.
  10. Slyguy65

borderlands i like it...thought it seems it would be difficult to track every single time a single person does damage in something of this scale. Hence the simple "i do most damage i get biggest reward" solution
  11. Slyguy65

This is an MMO not a console shooter....when you have 5 people shooting at a sunder...the person who did the most work should get the reward for that kill.
  12. AlesTwo

There is no kill stealing in this game. You work together as a team to archive the same goal. Your mate assisted you on killing the enemy.
    • Up x 1
  13. Slyguy65

True but once the person is back to full health and shields it would reset...it isn't like a person could just tag kills by sniping and leaving it for someone to kill 5 minutes later.
    • Up x 1
  14. Slyguy65

Ok well that is fine and all but when some random dude pops in out of nowhere when im about to finish this guy off and he gets the 100xp and i get the 28....ya i feel a bit annoyed and that kind of happens a lot. But it is mainly the vehicle kills im referring too.

Apparently no one has an issue with the way kills are obtained so nvm.
  15. Jimmy DeSouza

Why should you get a kill for not killing?

Damaging is not killing, the enemy is still 100% capable until the killing shot hits them. You should, and do, get xp for damaging (though arguably we should get more), but kills are kills, and should be awarded and rewarded as such.
  16. Jourmand1r

These threads are proof that the cert costs are too high.

People are so desperate for XP that they are turning on their own team mates.
  17. MartianDiscoFish

Why? you already get kill assists, this isn't battlefield, kills don't mean anything over teamwork.
  18. Jourmand1r

Kills don't mean anything in battlefield either.

People should stop saying BF3 when they mean Call of Duty.
  19. Monnor

Are you now complete insane ?
  20. Sphinx

Snipers who needs 2 shot (1 shot deals 65% dmg) would get all the kills... makes no sense I'm afraid