PLEASE for the love of god HOW do i get rid of UGLY Haze?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Oddzball, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Oddzball

Seriously, I am running the game on max graphics, and it looks terrible. There is this god awful "haze" or grey film that covers everything. It makes the whole darn game look washed out and horrible. It is just plain awful. How do we get rid of this?
  2. Crazedmonk86

agreed I run on "ultra" and I have to agree the haze in areas is god awful stupid... Should be a setting to disable the ugly ****. Dont ruin your game by making ugly *** "graphic effects" imo Crystal clear is what people want.
  3. Mansen

Just to be sure - are you referring to the distant "fog" in the horizon, or an effect that "covers" the entire game screen?

Either way I think the setting to change is the "Quality" one - at least this seems to control most of the post process filters that aren't specifically mentioned further down.
  4. Oddzball

It's like.. everything is covered by a grey haze. Dont know how to explain it other than that tbh.
  5. MechWarrior001

Are you talking about the FXAA filter?
  6. Oddzball

Im not sure. I dont see any option for that in settings.

All i know is it looks like everything is grey/washed out. But i go look at videos on youtube/reviews and the game looks nice and clear.
  7. altonyc

If you could post a screenshot, that might help us figure out exactly what we need to get rid of. Maybe Fog Shadows?
  8. Alexlightning7

This has been being complained about for awhile.
    Luckily, I found a possible solution.

Go to your UserOptions.ini and find where it says RenderQuality.
    Change it to 1.5 for 2x oversampling or 2.0 for 4x.
    It does have a pretty massive performance hit though.
    But it definitly makes the screen look more clear.
    Try it and tell me if its good enough.

Also, apparently this game uses TXAA, not FXAA. TXAA is supposed to have even worse texture blur and other crap then FXAA.
  9. Oddzball

I will try 2.0 brb
  10. Oddzball

Yeah thats a huge performance hit.
  11. Stryker7314

Turn Graphics Quality to Low, it completely removes the fog and the game looks amazing.
  12. Alexlightning7

But also gets rid of some very nice lighting effects, especially at night.
  13. Dever

There is no FXAA, the developers have mentioned a number of times that they use their own edge based AA. There may be other things going on, but this is urban legend.
  14. Oddzball

Yeah graphics quality to low remove a buncha other nice things...