Skull illuminated helmet

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kayos, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Kayos

Does anyone know what illuminates on the Skull illuminated helmet?
    I own them but can't see myself at night. I have seen others with the skull helmet at night but it is never illuminated, maybe it's the normal one. Anyway, what does it do? Anyone have a screen shot?
  2. Antivide

Makes you easier to headshot.
    • Up x 1
  3. HeavyArms3901

Some correct me if I am wrong here but from what i could see its the eyes. They "illuminate" red and that is all. Take a close look and let me know I would love to know if there was something else that I missed lol.
  4. Kayos

That what I thought too, but can't confirm it yet. Trying
  5. Kayos

If you can't tell it is illuminated while standing in front of someone it obvously isn't going to light up enough for a sniper to notice you.
  6. Kayos

It hasn't been dark while I've been in game to day so I haven't been able to tell still.
  7. MajorPayne00

I actually just bought one today and people have told me that they can't see the illuminated eyes which would make it no different than the normal style which is 250 SC cheaper. I hope this is just a bug that they're going to address soon. Otherwise I want my money back!
    • Up x 1
  8. NCDevious

This is a pic for the Skull Illuminated Helmets Thanks to Compeer ^_^
    [IMG]
  9. Compeer

Heyas Got Devious here to take a pic to show how the illuminated helmet does not glow..not at night not ever.

If someone sticks there head in yours they can see the glowing yellow eyes behind what appears to be shades...

This ether needs to be fixed or we need to have our 250sc extra refunded as this is just a rebel skull helmet and is clearly not "illuminated" in any way or form.
    • Up x 1
  10. NCDevious

Just in case you guys cant see it I took a better pic of it
    [IMG][IMG]
  11. Compeer

so whats happening is that the game is drawing both helmets..the standard helmet and the new illuminated helmet..so the original is covering the eyes.

This needs fixing badly unless you are gonna pull illuminated helmets off the market.
  12. MajorPayne00

Has anyone bothered to report this issue yet? I would but I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing so.
  13. Veri

Waste of money right from the start.
    Just like buying a some cartoon chick picture to put on your vehicle.
  14. WitcherKing

That's just ridiculous. For an extra $2.50, the helmet should do what it's supposed to. SOE, someone on your QA team needs to be held accountable for this. You've got thousands of people buying a product that's misrepresented.
    • Up x 1
  15. Metsuro

The TR one makes the eyes glow red.
  16. CobraBoss

It wouldnt be that bad if it was actually apparent now its tiny on one side barely noticeable 5-7$ lol

But worst is armor decal you buy it and your like nice then get composite armor POOF* its gone 5$ in smokes.
  17. Kayos

Bump, still don't nitice a difference
  18. Protential

I noticed your graphics are so low, maybe this effect wont work.
  19. Gary

Some people like to change the appearance... Heck i do i have a variety of cosmetic items to choose from.
  20. Compeer

I run ps2 on max still no glowing eyes..they actually refunded me and let me keep the helmet.