How to improve Healing and Resurrection

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Ixidron, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Ixidron

A few Suggestions on how to improve healing and resurrection overall:

1- Resurrection Race: Just like in the beta, more than one medic can revive a patient, but the first one reaching 100% wins, this makes it better for certed medics to revive teammates but does not avoid other medics doing so if they reached the patient first.

2- XP awarded for amount of hp healed, rather than time spend healing, this just basically makes sense, I still can't understand the system we have now.

3- More XP for resurrecting with more health, so it would be like 75 XP for resurrecting with 25% hp, and the XP you get increases if you revive the target at 100% health (the equivalent amount of resurrecting with 25% and then healing), that would encourage medics to cert in their applicators rather than resurrect, and heal just to farm XP (like some dudes are doing).

4- Resurrection grenades should have more ranks to resurrect people with more HP or at least resurrect on pair with your applicator level, it's a shame that you can resurrect people faster and with more HP with your level 6 medical applicator than with your incredibly expensive grenades that are also very situational and 1 use only unless you have a sundy nearby, also you lose your frags, and grenades tend to bounce like if they were made of rubber instead of metal, so failing your toss is a pain in the ***.

5- While being resurrected platoon/outfit membership, battle rank and medical applicator level should be shown to the patient, so you can know if you should resurrect or not, so you can decide if you want to be resurrected by your outfit medic, a random noob or a professional medic.

6- If multiple medics resurrect one guy that guy should be able to pick the one he wants so multiple request of resurrection will appear, all showing the proper information posted above, if that's too resource consuming for the game, at least make the best medic have priority.

7- When you die the death cam could also show if there are nearby medics or if someone is trying to resurrect you, for example: You've got killed by Santa Claus, nearest medic 20m, or Homer Simpson is trying to resurrect you at the moment.

8- (optional/not really necessary): Patients resurrect where the medics is rather than where they died, this ability can also be a certed one instead of a default feature, for example 100 or 200 certs for making patients spawn where you are when resurrected.

So the resurrection window would look like:

Mr. X Battle rank 1-100 want's to resurrect you.
    Medical applicator level: 1-6 / Revive grenade level: X
    Belongs to platoon: Yes/No

Do you accept: Yes/No

Points 1 and 6 might look a bit unfair to noobs, but personally, I would like to be resurrected at 100% hp rather than at 25% specially if we are in the middle of a battle or if I died in a compromised position.
    • Up x 3
  2. VKhaun

9- If a medic tries to rez someone within 40m of a spawn point they are disconnected from the server.

10- If a medic has their applicator out without healing anyone for 60 seconds, they are disconnected from the server.

11- If a medic with a full nano ability charge is within 10m of multiple wounded players without turning it on, they are disconnected from the server after 60 seconds. If they attempt to heal only one of those players with their medical applicator still without turning the ability on, they are immediately banned from the class for 48hrs.
  3. Joust

Seems reasonable, though I think other classes really deserve a good balance before we do. I'd like to be able to cert a sticky revive grenade. I think Rev grenades should bring people up with fairly low HP, otherwise there's a lot of room for abuse (5 HA's pushing, 5 medics bouncing Revs around corners onto them).

What I would really like is a 1 or 2 second invulnerability (or shield overcharge of some futuristic sci-fi nature) which would allow a freshly revived player to get their bearings back and run to cover instead of just getting sniped down again. I'd definately pay 1000 cert per second for something like this.
  4. Ixidron

I personally see revive grenades as something useful to create confusion, you can expect one guy to come back to life and then shoot him down again, but when 5 guys get up at the same time you have to pick one target, and the other guys have time to scape, resurrecting with more hp means only greater chance to survive, you would rarely see someone freshly resurrected go back to the battlefield, they normally stand back a few seconds waiting for you to heal them and their shield to recharge.

Tossing a resurrection grenade usually ends up with half the guys you resurrected being killed after they get up due to the small hp grenades give.
  5. Evilnox

1 - NO, quit being selfish, they got there first. No leapfrogging.
    2 - yes
    3 - yes
    4 - yes
    5 - iffy - This could lead to lower medics never being able to res because of people not accepting under rank 5 or 6.
    6 - NO, the first medic should have priority. He got there first and do you really want 50 res messages on your screen?
    7 - agreed, it would be nice to be able to pan the camera around even if only for a 10m radius, or a birds eye view over corpse.
    8 - NO, there is no need for that

I personally think the only changes that should be made is that your XP gain should be based on amount healed, and ressing them with a better tool should net higher xp than a lower tool since they res at higher health. Assisted Ressing giving the extra helpers 25% of the res xp and a birds eye camera or pannable camera will solve a lot of ressing problems.

CAMERA PAN / fixed birds eye camera over corpse. You will know if the medic just hit the res on you for cheap xp and ran away, you would know if the area is still under fire and if you should accept the res or not. If the medic sticks around he's obviously waiting to heal you up. IF there are a bunch of bullets flying past you, you know it isn't safe.

IF they had the camera when dead then I guess I would be in favor for the person knowing what % of health they would be revived at because if you saw the medic res and run and it said 20% you would just pass. If it said 100% that's why he ran way. dunno dunno dunno...
  6. iEatGlue

9- Remove the corpse icon from disconnected/logged out players.
    10- Add a corpse icon for MAX units.
    11- Improve sticky targeting (again please)
    12- Make us stay on the death screen requiring input to go to deployed screen.
    13- Give infantry more health
    14- Remove the dumb mechanic of Q spamming (spotting, requesting assistance, all of it). I'm tired of everyone nearby asking for a medic because they are spamming Q to spot an enemy, which leaves a "NEED MEDIC!" health symbol above them until someone tries to heal them.
  7. Ixidron

9- they should remove the corpse not just the icon, I'm tired of walking in the middle of a firefight to revive someone that just disconnected.
    10- MAXes need that icon, most noobs don't know they can resurrect them.
    12- That would be nice, but I would add removing your killer's information, so you can see the battlefield a bit and know if you should resurrect or respawn, like evilnox said above.
    13- Not really necessary.
    14- Instead of removing the mechanic they should fix that bug, I'm tired of people at full health with the "Need Medic!" floating above their heads.

Also

15- Allow people to heal teammates they just resurrected without having to click again, I'm also tired of this feature, every time I try to heal the guy I just resurrected while near other teammates I have to try it like 5 times before being able to heal the correct target.
    curiously, if you are healing someone and he dies, the resurrections begins without having to click again, I don't understand why it does not work both ways.
    • Up x 1
  8. Dovahkiin

9. Ixidron

16- Being able to heal and run at the same time, I'm really tired of pursuing teammates across the battlefield.
    17-Diferent minimap icon, instead of an arrow we should get a medical Cross (same as engies should get a wrench icon).
    18-Bellow our names and above the HP bar, our App level should be displayed.
    19-Above our names an small icon should be displayed for easy recognition, it's specially hard to notice medics if they are wearing cammo, composite armor and the skull helmet.
  10. areopagia

"What I would really like is a 1 or 2 second invulnerability (or shield overcharge of some futuristic sci-fi nature) which would allow a freshly revived player to get their bearings back and run to cover instead of just getting sniped down again. I'd definately pay 1000 cert per second for something like this."

Agreed, very cool cert idea.

As for this ridiculous idea that you should get increased exp for higher levels of applicator, you're already getting higher experience because you can res or heal people faster from a safer position. And seriously, do you feel like you don't get enough experience as a medic? And those jerks who are just farming for experience, they don't get invited to squads, platoons or outfits. Being a good team player pays back the investment many times over.

Vkhaun... who hurt you?
  11. Joust

Best way to fix medics? It only requires one change, not a laundry list.

Medical Applicator certifications:
    Rank 1: (1 cert) +10% base healing speed+power
    Rank 2: (10 certs) +20% base healing speed+power
    Rank 3: (100 certs) +30% base healing speed+power, THE MEDICAL APPLICATOR CAN NOW BE USED TO RESURRECT PLAYERS WITH 25% HEALTH.

No one would roll as a medic except for those who are seriously interested in investing deep into the class.

Seriously though, other classes are severely broken at the moment who really, really deserve an overhaul before we hope to get any attention.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ixidron

It's not ridiculous to get higher XP at higher app levels, as long as the base XP per resurrection gets reduced.

Base 50XP for resurrecting at 25% HP+10XP per level of app (total: 100XP at level 6)

At level 1 50XP+10XP per 25% healed (total: 80XP).

So at level 1 you get 20 less XP for healing and resurrecting, that will make people cert their apps to higher levels.

Seriously, something like this (not necessarily my idea) needs to be implemented, the game is filling with level 1 app medics (it's wise to have 2-3 medics per group of people, but 10, that's just stupid) used to cert other classes, and that medics are slowing down other medics with higher apps, because once a medic starts resurrecting, you can't, overall, the current situation i's bad for the certed medics, is bad for the team, is bad for the metagame, that's why I've seen a thread in which the creator asked to remove the certs from his app to farm XP like everyone else is doing.

It's known that people follows XP, that's why you see so few AA MAXes or skyguards, make it worth for medics to cert apps and they will.

Rewarding people for doing it wrong is not a good way to achieve something.